SpongeBob to take flight in the 2014 Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
WHEN: Thanksgiving morning, Thursday 27th November.
WHERE: New York City if you're lucky enough to see the parade in person. If not, tune into coverage on NBC.

SpongeBob has a special connection with Macy's holiday festivities this year having being made their 2014 Holiday Ambassador (more info on that here), so naturally he will keep his place in the iconic line-up of giant character balloons. The SpongeBob balloon received a fresh new look just last year.

VuE5QxW.jpg
A coveted spot in the parade is an opportunity to reach millions of viewers, so Nickelodeon will no doubt draw attention to the upcoming movie in their commentary this year as they did with the first movie in 2004.

President Squidward

Mmmm donuts.
I should record the parade on tape when it premieres. Not making a promise that I'll actually do it... but there's a chance. Depends on how many new tapes I buy.

Supmandude

Squog
SpongeOddFan said:
too bad Canadians will be missing this during school :patboo:
You guys shouldn't have had your Thanksgiving so early. :P

MrColeslaw

Balloon Traveler
President Squidward said:
I should record the parade on tape when it premieres. Not making a promise that I'll actually do it... but there's a chance. Depends on how many new tapes I buy.
ON TAPE? o.o

Please record it; I love the look of VHS, and maybe one day we could see it from your recording <3

MrColeslaw

Balloon Traveler
President Squidward said:
Kmart still sells tapes. xD
WHAT WHERE-

You mean blank ones, don't you? :sad: I really hope you decide to record this though. :)

President Squidward

Mmmm donuts.
Rugratskid said:
WHAT WHERE-

You mean blank ones, don't you? :sad: I really hope you decide to record this though. :)
Of course! They usually sell Maxell 6-hour tapes or Sony 8-hour tapes. Around mine of course.

patfan200

Balloon Traveler
Just saw the commercial for the black Friday deals with SpongeBob and Patrick in it.Need that toy for the holidays(and a Baymax)!Can't wait for the parade this year.I hope there's a Minion balloon next year

Back