"The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie" DVD and Blu-ray re-release (30th December 2014)

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
With the new SpongeBob movie just around the corner, Paramount is re-releasing the original with some new cover art. Amazon also has over a dozen other already existing releases listed as coming out on December 30th. Given the timing it's possible that these movie repackages and DVD re-listings will include a promotion for discounts on tickets for the new movie.

Supmandude

Squog
According to the cover, the Blu-Ray has a digital copy. Just checked my copy of the movie and it doesn't have that, so that's at least one difference.

Cha

I love SBM
Ehh, I prefer the original's cover art.

Insomnia

Flying Dutchman's Sock
Well I guess I'd better get the original blu-ray release before they're all gone and replaced with this new one. Not a fan of this generic cover art.

Supmandude

Squog
I hope this rerelease has more trailers. All of the trailers for this movie were so memorable, but only the teaser was on the first release. They could also put the trailer for Sponge Out of Water on it while they're at it.

ScumBob

sicko m0de
DadMom AngryPants said:
With the new SpongeBob movie just around the corner, Paramount is re-releasing the original with some new cover art. Amazon also has over a dozen other already existing releases listed as coming out on December 30th. Given the timing it's possible that these movie repackages and DVD re-listings will include a promotion for discounts on tickets for the new movie.

NO! I liked the old cover better! It scared me at night.

TheKrabbyPattyBurgler

Bomb-Selling Pirate
DadMom AngryPants said:

Where did you find these? I looked on Amazon and I can only find the original release.

Supmandude

Squog
TheKrabbyPattyBurgler said:
Where did you find these? I looked on Amazon and I can only find the original release.
Click the picture, it takes you to the Walmart.com page.

todd phillips

Krabby Patty Burglar
it needs to come with the game as a combo movie and game re-release because i want to play the first game on xbox 360.

MrColeslaw

Balloon Traveler
By the way, the character art is the same. Only their hands are different. :P

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
This is actually the 3rd different cover art I've seen. The one most people probably recognize is the one where SpongeBob and Patrick are running on the road holding the crown (my favourite) but the DVD I own looks like this:

The_SpongeBob_SquarePants_Movie_New_DVD.jpg

I don't understand why they changed the movie logo for the new release.

Supmandude

Squog
Maybe this will be a legit special edition version of the film, where SpongeBob and Patrick are CG so that it's consistent with A Sponge Out Of Water. (And Hayden Christensen replaces the David Hasselhoff.)

Patrick-Man!

Floating Shopping List
Supmandude said:
Maybe this will be a legit special edition version of the film, where SpongeBob and Patrick are CG so that it's consistent with A Sponge Out Of Water. (And Hayden Christensen replaces the David Hasselhoff.)
i...im not sure how to feel about that

kev

innit
So after Hayden gets injured by Neptune's rays, does he turn into David Hasselhoff?

Back