2014 MLB Playoffs -- Schedules, Viewing Guide, Predictions

RedSoxFan274

Baseball. Hockey. SBM vet. I drop in unexpectedly.
As exciting as Tuesday night's Royals-Athletics game was, let's be honest with ourselves... that wasn't the REAL postseason. Proper, best-of-5 play begins tomorrow with matchups that include my adopted aforementioned Cinderella Royals trying to tame the beastly Angels (although if this year's Red Sox can take two out of three from them at home, it can't be THAT hard...), a somewhat boring (in my opinion) affair between the Orioles and Tigers, two teams I've already heard plenty enough about, a Dodgers-Cardinals 2013 rematch in which a World Series favorite could be challenged early by the ghosts and ghouls of a team that has haunted them many times before in the postseason, and a young Nationals team which could have taken on Pittsburgh for what would have been a very fresh and unique playoff series, but who instead will battle the postseason-weary (well, not postseason-weary so much as I'M weary of seeing THEM in the postseason) Giants.

And the best part is...

no New York in any of this! :D

But no Boston in any of it either. :cry: *crawls to corner of room, sucks thumb until April 5*

ALDS
Los Angeles Angels vs. Kansas City Royals
Game 1 - KC @ LAA - Thu., Oct. 2, 9:07 ET/6:07 PT - A Place Where Wild Howler Rally Monkeys Attack You (AKA Angel Stadium of Anaheim) - TBS
Game 2 - KC @ LAA - Fri., Oct. 3, 9:37 ET/6:37 PT - Angel Stadium of Anaheim - TBS
Game 3 - LAA @ KC - Sun., Oct. 5, 7:37 ET/4:37 PT - Kauffman Stadium - TBS
*Game 4 (if necessary) - LAA @ KC - Mon., Oct. 6 - Time TBD - Kauffman Stadium - TBS
*Game 5 (if necessary) - KC @ LAA - Wed., Oct. 8 - Time TBD - Angel Stadium of Anaheim - TBS
Heart: Royals. Mind: Angels. Of the four series, this one has the biggest disparity between its two teams.

Detroit Tigers vs. Baltimore Orioles
Game 1 - DET @ BAL - Thu., Oct. 2, 5:37 ET/2:37 PT - Camden Yards - TBS
Game 2 - DET @ BAL - Fri., Oct. 3, 12:07 ET/9:07am PT - Camden Yards - TBS
Game 3 - BAL @ DET - Sun., Oct. 5, 3:37 ET/12:37 PT - Comerica Park - TBS
*Game 4 (if necessary) - BAL @ DET - Mon., Oct. 6 - Time TBD - Comerica Park - TBS
*Game 5 (if necessary) - DET @ BAL - Wed., Oct. 8 - Time TBD - Camden Yards - TBS
Heart: Orioles. Mind: Toss-up, but Tigers have more experience in the tenth month.

NLDS
Los Angeles Dodgers vs. Saint Louis Cardinals
Game 1 - StL @ LAD - Fri., Oct. 3 - 6:37 ET/3:37 PT - Dodger Stadium - Fox Sports 1
Game 2 - StL @ LAD - Sat., Oct. 4 - 9:37 ET/6:37 PT - Dodger Stadium - MLB Network
Game 3 - LAD @ StL - Mon., Oct. 6 - Time TBD - Busch Stadium - Fox Sports 1
*Game 4 (if necessary) - LAD @ StL - Tue., Oct. 7 - Time TBD - Busch Stadium - Fox Sports 1
*Game 5 (if necessary) - StL @ LAD - Thu., Oct. 9 - Time TBD - Dodger Stadium - Fox Sports 1
Heart: Cardinals. Mind: Another toss-up. I really think the Cardinals will surprise the bubble machiners and make it competitive.

Washington Nationals vs. San Francisco Giants
Game 1 - SF @ WSH - Fri., Oct. 3 - 3:07 ET/12:07 PT - Nationals Park - Fox Sports 1
Game 2 - SF @ WSH - Sat., Oct. 4 - 5:37 ET/2:37 PT - Nationals Park - Fox Sports 1
Game 3 - WSH @ SF - Mon., Oct. 6 - Time TBD - AT&T Park - MLB Network
*Game 4 (if necessary) - WSH @ SF - Tue., Oct. 7 - Time TBD - AT&T Park - Fox Sports 1
*Game 5 (if necessary) - SF @ WSH - Thu., Oct. 9 - Time TBD - Nationals Park - Fox Sports 1
Heart: Nationals. Mind: Washington inexperience will probably lead to Giants win.

PRESCRIPTION FOR THOSE WHOSE TEAM DID NOT MAKE IT

Listen to last October's cut-to-commercial song 50 times.
Watch this 250 times.
Watch 4:00 to 5:30 of this 250 times.
Call back when pitchers and catchers report.

President Squidward

Mmmm donuts.
Another typical season where the Padres didn't make it and I never saw any of the games because I don't know where to watch it...

2000sKid

Giant Clam
I want to see the Pirates win it this year, but chances are they aren't gonna win. If they don't though, GO ORIOLES :D

For now... (Let's Go Mets!)

RedSoxFan274

ssj4gogita4 said:
I would rather see the Giants in the world series cause I really don't like the Cardinals.
I have no feelings of malice towards either, I'm merely bored with both of them. Those two teams are just been there, done that for me.

sireatsalot

Alien hunter
Aaaaand that's why baseball should not have instant replay. In real time, the play is a tie, and tie goes to the runner. He should have been safe at first, and if that effects the outcome, I'm gonna be upset.

(I'm referring to the almost 3 minute review they took in the 3rd(?) inning tonight where the initial call was safe but then overturned to out after review.)

Go Royals! Boo SF...and anything to do with that city.

RedSoxFan274

Well, that stunk.

#AtLeastIHaveHockeyToFillMyLongWinter
#AprilWillComeEventually
#Bumgarner'sACinderellaKiller
#IfTheyWereGonnaLoseAnywayTheGuyWhoMadeItToThirdShould'veJustSaid"ScrewIt"AndSprintedForHome

(Spread those around.)

President Squidward

Mmmm donuts.
I will also spread some meaningless hashtags around.

#INeverGaveASingleS**tAboutAnyOfTheseTeams
#AtLeastThePadresWonMoreGamesThanTheRedSoxDid
#???
#Profit

RedSoxFan274

President Squidward said:
#WeWereSupposedToKeepThisInPrivate

#YouBlewIt

:P
#ISpecificallyMentionedJeddGyorkoAndWillVenableInAWanderFanficJustToPleaseYou

#ItTookYouLikeTwoWholeDaysBeforeYouRealizedTheyWerePadresPlayers

Back