30 things turning 30 in 2014 part three:part three

todd phillips

Krabby Patty Burglar
27.dude,you're getting a dell

michael dell started his computing empire while studying at the university of texas. he mad low-cost pc's from off-the-shelf components,though his company was initially called pc's limited.one early customer told the smithsonian,[the computer] always sounded as if it were coming apart.i never figured out why.thirty years later,ell is still selling customizable pc's. need tons of ram?looking for a student discount?want a but no mouse?dude,you're getting a dell!

28.muppet babies

in 1984 jim henson gave us a window into the animated childhoods of our favorite muppets. the muppet babies debuted in a fantasy sequence in the muppets take manhatten, and their own tv series premiered in the fall. kermit,miss piggy,and the gang gave us their interpretations of starwars,star trek,indiana jones,the twilight zone,the jetsons,i love lucy and more.

29.the baby bell telephone system

on january 1st 1984.at&t was broken into several independent regional holding companies, which became know popularly as the baby bells.this was the end of a long saga of anti-trust litigation against at&t,which had a monopoly on the u.s. telephone market before then.the birth of the baby bells led to competition in the phone market,which drove down long-distance pricing and generally shook up the phone system through the 80's and 90's.today,three big phone carriers can trace their roots to those baby bells:at&t inc... centurylink and verizon.in 2008,network world asked does the at&t breakup still matter 25 years on?the answer is complex,and boils down to maybe.

and finally the moment everyone of you have been waiting for number thirty drumb roll please dum dum dum dum dum dum.

30.ghostbusters

the first ghostbusters movie introduced us to a trio of failed columbia university professors whose post-collegiate careers involved cleaning
new york city of various paranormal infestations. bill murray stole the show as dr.peter venkman,a character originally intended for the (then deceased) john belushi . film critic roger ebert gave the movie 3.5 out of 4 stars,writing ghostbusters is one of those rare movies where the original,fragile comic vision has survived multimillion-dollar production.ghostbusters launched a second film,two tv shows,various video games and comic books,and of course a epic single by ray parker jr.

well i hope everyone of you enjoyed all of these 30 things turning 30 in 2014. so tell me what has all these things taught you? let me know.

Back