Production resumes on TV episodes

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
With efforts and resources focused on the upcoming movie, it's been a slow couple of years on the television front. But as the movie nears completion, the show, which went on hiatus part way though its 9th season, is ready to start back up again according to a tweet by creative director Vincent Waller.

OcYXr9V.png

Of course, the wait isn't quite over; it takes 9 months to complete an episode. Luckily there are still a handful of unaired episodes to tide fans over until then, as well as the reason the show went on hiatus in the first place – a major motion picture!

The big news lately is that Hillenburg has expressed interest in being more creatively involved with the show again (source), and with some old crew members moving on to other projects and therefore some new writers/storyboard artists potentially coming on board it is safe to call this a new era.

http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=fz61VOYRi1ScBTUs6LjOFiHN6DDz%2B1ItboQLduTcAhI%3D​

The last time the show took a break like this and switched things up the change was quite dramatic and not to everybody's taste. Whether something similar happens this time around or if there's even a noticeable difference remains to be seen.

Are you ready for the post-second-movie era? Are you worried about potential changes, or excited to see what the future has in store?

The Drifter

Some person.
DadMom AngryPants said:
http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=fz61VOYRi1ScBTUs6LjOFiHN6DDz%2B1ItboQLduTcAhI%3D​
What are those episodes in the storyboard. new episodes?

And to answer your question, I'm excited with post-post-movie-movie seasons. With Stephen coming back to the show, the show might have a brighter future ahead. Another good thing from Hilenburg's return, it brings back the post movie haters who only listen to cheap reviews from some angry people online.

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
The Drifter said:
The storyboards in the screenshot (from "Fiasco!") show what is happening in the episode itself.

The Drifter

Some person.
DadMom AngryPants said:
The storyboards in the screenshot (from "Fiasco!") show what is happening in the episode itself.
Wow, that's too meta for SpongeBob. I should watch that episode.

Mantis

killer queen best stand
DadMom AngryPants said:
So it's like a easter egg? Or just a 4th wall break?

BrickSponge2015

See You Ocean Man...
DadMom AngryPants said:
I don't think it's "Fiasco" but "The Good Krabby Name". :P

BrickSponge2015

See You Ocean Man...
ssj4gogita4 said:
you dare to question DMAP? Ban!
wah

Anyway, I'm kind of excited for this new era. I wonder if the animation will change to be more like the movie's?

Supmandude

Squog
The Drifter said:

And to answer your question, I'm excited with post-post-movie-movie seasons. With Stephen coming back to the show, the show might have a brighter future ahead. Another good thing from Hilenburg's return, it brings back the post movie haters who only listen to cheap reviews from some angry people online.
That was one of my favorite visual gags in the show. :P

Anyway, I'm super hyped about this. I wonder if the new episodes will have a different feel to them and be labeled as "post-second movie" episodes like the way people talk about the new ones now. I hope the change is for the better. :) Maybe they'll even feel like classic episodes again if Steve Hillenburg comes back or they could just have their own feel to them that is equallly awesome! :D

I wonder when they're going to air the new episodes that are already produced. All of the Season 3 episodes aired before the movie, will it be the same with the first half of Season 9?

RedSoxFan274

Baseball. Hockey. SBM vet. I drop in unexpectedly.
Even if Hillenburg and others from the good old days return, I still think the show has changed too much in the past decade since the first movie for their presence to suddenly backtrack the show to pre-first-movie quality. Hopefully there will be some marginal improvement, but I think we're kidding ourselves if we think Season 10 will become the next Season 3.

MadFred

ooooooofy day
I have yet to see a lot of season 8-9 episodes, but I'm just excited that we could talk about pre-movie, post-movie and post-second movie. A third era for our favorite show would definitely be a drastic change, and hopefully, a good one at it.

Popeyes Haunted Barnacles

Sir Tweets and Eats a Lot
Even if Hillenburg and others from the good old days return, I still think the show has changed too much in the past decade since the first movie for their presence to suddenly backtrack the show to pre-first-movie quality. Hopefully there will be some marginal improvement, but I think we're kidding ourselves if we think Season 10 will become the next Season 3.
I'm not expecting anything like that, especially animation wise but perhaps a mix of older and newer staff will at least try to put some more energy back into the show in addition to not having a story editor on board anymore as well. There's a reason why a lot of the pre movie staff moved on to work on other things at other studios.

hasfarr

your mom
I can't wait to see what they do. Hillenburg hasn't exactly been with the show for ten years and it'll be interesting to see how he contributes to the writing process. I for one can't wait for this new era.

Back