SpongeBob DVD's - I now own your *favourite* season!

Squidina

Tintenfisch
Obviously, I'm being sarcastic, BTW. You all hate it, but I know own Season Six on DVD! Give you three gueses as to why I chose this one (either you know me and you'll guess right, or you don't know me).

Today, we went to our big entertainment store here and, not expecting anything since they haven't really had anything SB, I found myself in the children's DVD's and just checking up... and turns out the ONLY DVD they had was Season Six, and I was at first thinking this was the wrong one (I have no clue which epiosdes are in which season, I pay no attention), so I read the back where they list the episodes and came across what, and bite me, because I always forget this, could only be "House Fancy"... It's apparently called "Shicker Wohnen" in German, but I always confuse the title because it could also be the episode "Fancy Living" or whatever it's called (The one where SB and Pat somehow get a lot of money).. but I managed to remember that "House Fancy" was in season six, so when they FINALLY had it - and only one DVD - I was drooling for it. I couldn't afford it at the moment (it costed 20 bucks, which isn't much, but I didn't have that much), but my BF was like "Here, if you really want it, then you'll have it.." shoved it in my hand and paid for it. I... am SO happy! He admitted it isn't his thing, but if I like it then, yeah, I get it.

Now, seeing the episode list, I do see why this is everyone's least fave season - it's got episodes like "Choir Boys" and "The Splinter" and many other unloved episodes.. But, I don't share the same opinion as most of you do. I mean, I don't adore many episodes from the season, but a few episodes - including ones I don't like, do have at least some kind of merit. In "The Spinter", you have SB - thanks to Squidward - making a mountain out of a mole-hill, and then Krabs coming to SB's rescue. As for "Choir Boys", the ONLY thing good I have to say about that, is the intro, where Squidward's getting ready - it was interesting to see how he put on the smoking jacket, tied the belt and the neckerchie/ascot, and seeing him riding his recumbent (bicycle), after that, the episode went completely downhil in the worst way.

But, it has House Fancy, my fave episode, and the DVD is in BOTH languages. - It could have just been in German -..And, though, I do like the German dub, I do not like Squilliam's German voice. It's the same voice actor that does Squidward's voice, and though he really gets Squidward, he seems to have NO clue about Squilliam.

Squidina

Tintenfisch
President Squidward said:
I already knew it was going to be Season 6 before I clicked on the topic. :P
You know me! ;) I did my best to make it obvious in the title.

But, honestly, I didn't know all those episodes are in season six - that is, some of the most hated or disliked episodes... I didn't know.

Supmandude

Squog
It might actually be my favorite season. I was just watching Suction Cup Symphony, No Nose Knows, and Sun Bleached on my DVD today. I love all those episodes. :P

Squidina

Tintenfisch
House Fancy duh :squilliam:
:Squilliam:
Of course, you're 100% on target.

It might actually be my favorite season. I was just watching Suction Cup Symphony, No Nose Knows, and Sun Bleached on my DVD today. I love all those episodes. :P
Suction Cup Symphony's on s6? I wonder what it's called in German. (Though I have both languages, the cover with the episode list is still in German.

BrickSponge2015

See You Ocean Man...
I'm going to be honest: I prefer Season 6 over Seasons 5 and 7. I don't think it's bad, I actually think it's a mixed bag. I guess I just feel like it has some of the show's best episodes and a lot of the show's worst episodes.

More

VIP
It did have episodes like Sand Castles in the Sand, Single Cell Anniversary, The Slumber Party, Overbooked, Suction Cup Symphony, Gone, and all that other stuff, but overall it's a bad season.

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
BrickSponge2015 said:
I'm going to be honest: I prefer Season 6 over Seasons 5 and 7. I don't think it's bad, I actually think it's a mixed bag. I guess I just feel like it has some of the show's best episodes and a lot of the show's worst episodes.
I like Season 6 over 7, 8 and 9 (so far). It does have some horrible episodes but I find it more interesting as a whole than the seasons following it.

Cha

I love SBM
I'd go as far as to say S6 > S7, but that's it for now. We'll just have to see how the rest of S9 goes.

Popeyes Haunted Barnacles

Sir Tweets and Eats a Lot
DadMom AngryPants said:
I like Season 6 over 7, 8 and 9 (so far). It does have some horrible episodes but I find it more interesting as a whole than the seasons following it.
I can see where you're coming from. A lot of episodes later are much more bland or really slowly paced but I think I'd take bland over outright horrible any day. I do prefer Season 6 over 7 in some ways though that's not saying much for me.

I do, too.
Yeah. I admit that season 7 is the worst season mainly because It had more cruelity than any other seasons but there are hidden gems in it like Whelk Attack, Abrasive Side, Squidward in Clarinetland, The Curse of Bikini Bottom, I Heart Dancing, Back to the Past.

Mantis

killer queen best stand
Yeah. I admit that season 7 is the worst season mainly because It had more cruelity than any other seasons but there are hidden gems in it like Whelk Attack, Abrasive Side, Squidward in Clarinetland, The Curse of Bikini Bottom, I Heart Dancing, Back to the Past.
TBH, I never really cared for I Heart Dancing. I really don't care for all the other dancing episodes either. Never really caught my interest.

Back