new age tv shows rant

Status
Not open for further replies.

todd phillips

Krabby Patty Burglar
ok why are all of these terrinle new age shows getting green lighted?it does not make any sense at all it's one terrible show after another.what is wrong with bringing back the old and loved tv shows?nothing that is what those shows were better,these new age shows are just full of fart joke after fart joke and fart jokes are not funny and not to mention the grossness and dumbness all of the shows that were made from 2010 to now are just terrible i have suffered way to much of these terrible shows i did nothing to deserve this and know wonder why kids are having trouble in school because of these new age tv shows if the old shows would come back i bet anything they would feel so much better and do better in school.

President Squidward

Mmmm donuts.
tumblr_inline_n7ugf93h9r1rlwuys.gif

You're acting like stupid me from back in June how I said "wah there's fart jokes in every kids movie today wah wah".

Did you know that fart jokes is one of the oldest forms of humor? It started back in the 1500's...

Also, 90's and 2000's shows, AND STUFF BEFORE THE 1900's had gross/toilet humor, just like today.

And no, kids are having trouble at school because of technology today, not because of today's cartoons.

And bringing back shows from the past =/= makes them as good as the original

So in the end, NOT EVERYTHING today has fart jokes. Gravity Falls and Wander Over Yonder don't have fart jokes. Steven Universe doesn't have fart jokes. Etcetera, etcetera... and kid's interests change. Deal with it.

/rant
/truth

The Real Nostalgia Critic

toby j rathjen is a monkey
Oh boy. Here we go again.

While I do agree that most of the new shows are filled with too many fart and butt jokes, some of them are actually decent and entertaining. The only ones I know of that don't rely on a lot of fart jokes are Steven Universe and Clarence. You should give those shows another chance. You might like them.

Also, how come you have to make a thread for all of these rants? Couldn't you just make a blog post about it?

end

Hey Arnold, Ed, Edd n Eddy, your precious "Teen Titans season 6"; they all contain fart jokes, and the former two are great. And please stop spamming this. One thread, I can forgive. Fifty? Nah. And Prez, you should use those long rants for something truly deserving. ;)

Old Man Leeroy Jenkins said:
While I do agree that most of the new shows are filled with too many fart and butt jokes, some of them are actually decent and entertaining. The only ones I know of that don't rely on a lot of fart jokes are Steven Universe and Clarence. You should give those shows another chance. You might like them.
As far as I can tell, none of the Disney Channel cartoons have fart jokes. I doubt they ever had them at all. Take note, Todd...

The Real Nostalgia Critic

toby j rathjen is a monkey
Web Surfer 2.0 said:
Hey Arnold, Ed, Edd n Eddy, your precious "Teen Titans season 6"; they all contain fart jokes, and the former two are great. And please stop spamming this. One thread, I can forgive. Fifty? Nah. And Prez, you should use those long rants for something truly deserving. ;)

As far as I can tell, none of the Disney Channel cartoons have fart jokes. I doubt they ever had them at all. Take note, Todd...
Yeah, but I don't really watch Disney Channel that much, except for Gravity Falls.

Homie

get outer my space!
President Squidward said:
tumblr_inline_n7ugf93h9r1rlwuys.gif

You're acting like stupid me from back in June how I said "wah there's fart jokes in every kids movie today wah wah".

Did you know that fart jokes is one of the oldest forms of humor? It started back in the 1500's...

Also, 90's and 2000's shows, AND STUFF BEFORE THE 1900's had gross/toilet humor, just like today.

And no, kids are having trouble at school because of technology today, not because of television.

And bringing back shows from the past =/= makes them as good as the original

So in the end, NOT EVERYTHING today has fart jokes. Gravity Falls and Wander Over Yonder don't have fart jokes. Steven Universe doesn't have fart jokes. Etcetera, etcetera... and kid's interests change. Deal with it.

/rant
/truth
You're still going on about this? =/

President Squidward

Mmmm donuts.
Lil Hoe said:
You're still going on about this? =/
I know I really shouldn't, but this time he was acting like all shows have this type of humor and acts like nothing from the past did :/ I guess I'll shut my mouth next time if that's what anybody wants.

end

I know I really shouldn't, but this time he was acting like all shows have this type of humor and acts like nothing from the past did :/ I guess I'll shut my mouth next time if that's what anybody wants.
Don't take it the wrong way. It's a bit redundant talking to him directly, quite frankly. You might as well be talking to a wall.

Homie

get outer my space!
President Squidward said:
Don't worry, you are right, I'm not doubting that. But you're fighting a losing battle.

Well Fish Hooks makes some fart jokes from time to time. I still love the show though.

delete my account

PRESIDENT
Meh. Might as well make a long reply to this and join the bandwagon.

todd phillips said:
ok why are all of these terrible new age shows getting green lighted?it does not make any sense at all it's one terrible show after another.
2 things.

1) You're acting as if all shows made today suck. Not just cartoons, but TV shows in general. Even YOU like some shows made today, so even YOU know that statement is not true.

2) Standards companies are making today for TV shows are different from standards back then. In other words, companies change, whether it be for the better or the worse.

what is wrong with bringing back the old and loved tv shows?nothing

Cartoon Network has Boomerang and Teennick has "the 90's are all that." Not to mention the season DVDs and online episodes of the shows you like.

Also, those old TV shows aren't in production anymore. It would just be repeats. And I'm gonna be honest, it's not fun watching the same episodes over and over again. If there aren't any new episodes in the mix, watching them is just gonna end up feeling redundant sometime or later.

that is what those shows were better,these new age shows are just full of fart joke after fart joke and fart jokes are not funny and not to mention the grossness and dumbness all of the shows that were made from 2010 to now are just terrible i have suffered way to much of these terrible shows i did nothing to deserve this

Ooh, generalization! :D

Also, fart jokes can be seen in numerous 90's cartoons, both good (Ren And Stimpy) and bad (Mega Babies).

Also, I am actually really scared for your health if you're suffering physical pain from cartoons.

and know wonder why kids are having trouble in school
Yeah, this is where I lose you. Anything can affect school work if you let it become a distraction. It has nothing to do with the quality.

because of these new age tv shows if the old shows would come back i bet anything they would feel so much better and do better in school.
No, todd. Just because you would feel better doesn't mean everyone else would. And once again, (modern) TV shows don't make people dumber per se. It has to do with how distracting these TV shows are and not setting priorities straight (e.g watching a cartoon instead of doing homework or studying for a test). This could easily apply to back then (90's) as well, with the Cartoon Cartoons and Nicktoons.

todd phillips said:
i have suffered way to much of these terrible shows i did nothing to deserve this
No....Just No.You are the one who decided to "Suffer " through them, and Older TV.shows also had fart jokes but Just because there Nostalgic To you and You Like Johnny Test and Toddler Teen Titans Go, Two Modern Shows with Fart Jokes.Also kids aren't doing bad in school because of new TV shows and Also a lot of kids aren't doing bad in school and if they are doing bad in school it's because of Not studying or not paying attention in class.Not new age TV sows.
Also, dose anyone Think he's just doing these for attention?Slash Out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back