The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack

The Real Nostalgia Critic

toby j rathjen is a monkey
In my opinion, this show is completely underrated. Sure it may have been weird and gross at times and the main character did have an annoying SpongeBob-esque laugh, but it was really great. K'nuckles was my favorite character in the series. Not only was he voiced by the Flying Dutchman himself, but he's a really cool but at the same time irresponsible captain. The plots may have been weird or gross at times, but at the same time were very cool. They usually center around Flapjack and K'nuckles trying to get to Candied Island, which are the kinds of plot-lines I like in this show. I think some of the gross closeups in the show accompanied with deep screaming are really funny and don't gross me out at all. I also think that this show inspired Adventure Time to happen because they look so similar. Granted, Adventure Time takes place in a mystical land instead of a harbor and has more scientific plot-lines than Flapjack, but I have a feeling that they're similar since they have some of the same writers. Discuss what you think about this show right here.

More

VIP
I guess I liked this show from the few episodes I saw.

Kerststol

Amyroos
It was a... weird show. Bad weird. Because the characters aren't really interesting or memorable enough, I often get distracted with the show's weird, sometimes creepy, sometimes grotesque settings.

Back