Epiosdes you believe are loved/hated for the wrong reasons

Pet or Pests: I don't hate it because it's gross; I hate it because it's boring

Professor Squidward: i'm lazy so I'll quote my post for this

E.V.I.L said:
I have to be honest: my opinions have changed a lot about this episode.

I hear about how this is Squid abuse, but honestly, he was illegally impersonating someone and illegally teaching students out of envy. So, pretty much, he was breaking the law. I love Squiddy, but he honestly deserved the "abuse" by SpongeBob and Patrick because he himself was being an idiot. Squidward can't go scot free all the time.
I definitely don't hate this episode that much anymore. It could be way better but I've come to like it (maybe with some Squidiam bias) but I really don't see how this, out of every mean-spirited episodes possible, is among one of the worst. 0_o

Addendum: Squidward's main role in the show is for SpongeBob and Patrick to annoy him... it has been like this since freakin Bubblestand! Nothing's changed at all other than the fact that this is a worse episode compared to Bubblestand. That's the answer to all the "why are SpongeBob and Patrick here solely to annoy him" questions.

I have more but here's two I thought out of the blue

MadFred

ooooooofy day
Everyone love A Pal for Gary just because Gary acted heroic. I believe there are so much more reasons to love this episode. I mean, just look at Puffy Fluffy! It's without a doubt one of the best protagonists in the series.

Ohad said:
Everyone love A Pal for Gary just because Gary acted heroic. I believe there are so much more reasons to love this episode. I mean, just look at Puffy Fluffy! It's without a doubt one of the best protagonists in the series.
If you're joking, lol k.
If you're serious, I do like how heroic Gary is. The only character I really hated with a passion is SpongeBob because he was an oblivious idiot and he was incredibly out of character. Gross-out/Puffy Fluffy had nothing to do it.

delete my account

PRESIDENT
Ohad said:
Everyone love A Pal for Gary just because Gary acted heroic. I believe there are so much more reasons to love this episode. I mean, just look at Puffy Fluffy! It's without a doubt one of the best deuteragonists in the series.
FTFY

Also, most people hate The Great Snail Race because of the Gary Abuse, but I hate it because of SpongeBob's characterization.

Popeyes Haunted Barnacles

Sir Tweets and Eats a Lot
I hate A Pal for Gary more because it's awful, extremely sloppy story structure and lack of care to SpongeBob's characterization than anything else in that entire episode though I also think Puffy Fluffy's design should have been toned down too.

One Coarse Meal I hate not because of Plankton wanting to get himself run over, but Mr. Krabs's terrible characterization in it and how this plot could have actually worked based on the first three minutes of it. That was what largely killed that episode for me.

Squid Baby is just stupid and I never interpreted that episode as trying to make fun of people with head trauma at all.

Pet or Pests was more about the bad production value and how boring it was more than anything else.

Pospooky

Moby Dollar
A Pal for Gary. I think you know why, I've repeated it enough now.

I do hate SB in that episode though.

More

VIP
I'll say it again. "Band Geeks" and "Truth or Square."

SpongeRoadie UK

Vomit Boy
The Great Snail Race
SpongeBob's cruelty is completely justified considering he's in a competition he's trying to win. Gary needed conditioning and proper training. Granted, Gary never wanted to be a part of the race, SpongeBob realised this after Gary exploded and he was sorry. And the scene where Gary exploded was awesome. It's totally cartoony and over the top.

Roadie said:
The Great Snail Race
SpongeBob's cruelty is completely justified considering he's in a competition he's trying to win. Gary needed conditioning and proper training. Granted, Gary never wanted to be a part of the race, SpongeBob realised this after Gary exploded and he was sorry. And the scene where Gary exploded was awesome. It's totally cartoony and over the top.
THIS! One of the many reasons this episode never ever ever bothered me, not when I was a kid and certainly not now.

Also, Squidward clearly got comeuppance in "I Was a Teenage Gary" and really I don't understand why that episode has gotten backlash these days. If he hadn't gotten off scott free (aka Mr. Krabs) and the episode wasn't funny at all to begin and trying to shove stuff in my face, then I would truly hate it.

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
I think it's bizarre to dislike or have a grudge against an episode because it was "hyped up" or the promos were misleading. I fully understand having initial disappointment because your expectations weren't met, but after the premiere the way in which it was promoted should be irrelevant. SpongeBob's creative team aren't in charge of the promos.

Basically, if you hate "Best Day Ever", don't hate it because it was over-hyped. Hate it because you thought the plot was dumb or the song gets on your nerves.

For the record, I like "Best Day Ever." <3

Even though Karate Island did get overhyped and I can kinda see where people were coming from when they were mad that it somehow got onto the #1 spot on that Nick list, the episode by itself is just mediocre for me.

Eek an Urchin has gotten some backlash because allegedly people think that it was trying to imply rape in it which I 100% disagree with. I saw someone dislike the episode but for different reasons which were much more understandable, like how Mr. Krabs was too cheap to hire an exterminator in that episode and the ending that abuses cartoon logic.

Fungus Among Us for me is just dull and mediocre too and I don't hate it because it's a gross out episode.

I don't hate Karate Island for being #1 on the countdown. I hate it because SpongeBob was a ::dolphin noise:: in that episode.

Also I think Demolotion Doofus and Are You Happy Now shouldn't be hated just because they were too dark for kids show. There are a lot kids shows that does adult subjects. Remember The Mask episode of Courage the Cowardly Dog? I love that episode because It tells a good story of feminism, abusive relationship and lies in marriage but I don't think It's for kids. I also like AYHN because seeing Squidward depressed was an interesting idea and I like DD for demolotion derby scenes and I liked how the writers took a risk for making Mrs. Puff bloodthirsty.

Amphitrite

LBW Zelda
Face Freeze! may get hate for those bizzare faces, but I can't agree with anyone who hates it for being a "rip-off" of Hooky.

end

The Great Snail Race

In my opinion, his cruelty was not justified. There was no reason for him to suddenly get envious of Squidward. In a good episode such as "The Employee of the Month", Spongebob felt pressured into believing that Squidward was acting maliciously. Here, it is brought up out of nowhere for the sake of plot. The story in general was structured messily.

As for the question in subject, why is this asked? There ain't "wrong reasons" to like or dislike an episode. Everybody has their own interpretation. It is what is fun about arts. Why I hate TGSR seems to differ from other opinions, however, I'll give you that.

Waiting could have been more like Reef Blower had the animation been a lot more fun to look at. Without that and funnier writing, you get something pretty mediocre and dull. I think that's one of the biggest reasons why that short worked a lot better than Waiting despite not having any dialog to it.

I don't understand why "Truth or Square?" is disliked so much because of the hype. Who ACTUALLY thought the formula was going to be revealed? Also, when it comes to promos, DMAP is absolutely right. The writers don't have any business with them.

Also, I feel like the toenail scene is hated too much in "House Fancy," as cliche as it might sound. I think it deserves more of its hate for just being an over all dull episode. I don't think it was a great idea for a SpongeBob episode. Maybe for a show on HGTV...

PatStar2000 said:
Also, I feel like the toenail scene is hated too much in "House Fancy," as cliche as it might sound. I think it deserves more of its hate for just being an over all dull episode. I don't think it was a great idea for a SpongeBob episode. Maybe for a show on HGTV...
It would have been WAY better(as much as I love it) if it focused more on Squidiam and less on freaking SpongeBob, and no, I don't say this as a joke Squidiam shipper if that's what some of you SBMers decided to immaturely conclude.

Those 4 dumb minutes spent at the end could have easily been them rivaling

and I'm sorry but how is Eek! An Urchin even remotely compard to rape.... that's almost offensive to the idea of rape. Rape is about control... not a bunch of people coming and chasin ga woman.. this is a kids show lol

Back