Does anyone else realize the low enthusiasm the crew has?

TheKrabbyPattyBurgler

Bomb-Selling Pirate
I've noticed that the crew of the movie (Specifically Vincent Waller and Tom Kenny) have sounded burned out while talking about/promoting the movie. I feel like this supports my theory of the movie being a last ditch effort for the series, it just seems like they don't really care anymore.

Popeyes Haunted Barnacles

Sir Tweets and Eats a Lot
I wouldn't be surprised if I had to work on the same show for 7-8 years straight and especially something where a ton of the original writers moved on and got burned out themselves from trying to do. Can't imagine how much of a nerve wracking job that must be. :/

DiabolicalGenius

Mad Scientist/ Evil Genius
Popeye Q. Krabs said:
I wouldn't be surprised if I had to work on the same show for 7-8 years straight and especially something where a ton of the original writers moved on and got burned out themselves from trying to do. Can't imagine how much of a nerve wracking job that must be. :/
The term "burned out" is pretty ironic considering your profile picture and member title.

President Squidward

Mmmm donuts.
Or maybe THEY'RE TIRED OF HEARING EVERYONE ASK THEM ABOUT THE MOVIE AND HOW EVERYONE ACTS LIKE A JERK TO THEM?!!

I'm sorry, but no, just NO. They have actually putted effort into this movie, they want to help SpongeBob grow around the world. They do care about their show, just like everyone else and all their shows. Tom Kenny likes being the voice of SpongeBob and the crew love working on the show. It's their job to make the fans happy and to have fun while working on the show.

...and that's what they're exactly doing.

DiabolicalGenius

Mad Scientist/ Evil Genius
President Squidward said:
Or maybe THEY'RE TIRED OF HEARING EVERYONE ASK THEM ABOUT THE MOVIE AND HOW EVERYONE ACTS LIKE A JERK TO THEM?!!

I'm sorry, but no, just NO. They have actually putted effort into this movie, they want to help SpongeBob grow around the world. They do care about their show, just like everyone else and all their shows. Tom Kenny likes being the voice of SpongeBob and the crew love working on the show. It's their job to make the fans happy and to have fun while working on the show.

I'm loving you more all the time Pres? :p

Popeyes Haunted Barnacles

Sir Tweets and Eats a Lot

I really hope so.

Take A Step, Inside Your Mind! I'm Stalking you.

*coughTomKennydoesothervoicestoolikeCommanderPeepersandIceKingofAdventureTimesothatdoesn'thelphimoutatallcouch*

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
A little. But I don't think it's fair to say the crew as a whole has low enthusiasm based on a handful of reactions from a fraction of the crew. In fact, in the latest Tom Kenny interview I posted he said it was the first time he'd seen the footage and he thought it looked great, so I think he sounds enthusiastic overall.

Other crew members have said positive things as well.

11th

Moby Dollar
I haven't quite gotten that impression. This isn't the only thing that they've been working on (especially in Tom's case, since he does voice work all over the place), but it is huge and it shouldn't be surprising to see most of the staff not bouncing off of the walls at the prospect of the film being released in a few months. Judging from some other posts, production only just officially ended for most, so just give them a chance to take a break. They're only human and they all have their limits.

People can get stressed and burned out over things they love. As far as I'm concerned, that's human nature.... not every day of work is going to be the Best Day Ever if that's the impression you get.

Sweat

Banished

Well it's safe to say you win this topic.

Moral of the story is just because someone is burned out on something doesn't mean they don't like the job they have.

hfjs

Maybe they seem burned out cause they've been working pretty hard on the movie.

BrickSponge2015

See You Ocean Man...

THANK YOU. This post deserves half the likes on SpongeBuddy Mania.

Off topic: they have actually put effort into this movie.

they want to cheer up SB fans for 2nd movie.

Cha

I love SBM
They're humans too and just like us they can choose and pick episodes, characters and etc. They can dislike post movie or pre movie episodes, who cares. Heck, there are times when I'm not as enthusiastic about the show like I should be. They wouldn't be working there if they didn't like their jobs. I've met the acting crew, Tom Kenny, Bill Fagerbakke, Clancy Brown and etc. They seem ecstatic and pretty positive to me.

Back