National Geographic

imrustyokay

Twitter: @imrustyokay
So, this is a thread to discuss the National Geographic Channel, and the show's on it. Like: Brain Games, Science of Stupid, Going Deep with David Rees, and the documentaries and mini-series like: Cosmos, and the mini series about the '80s & '90s.

So, Discuss Away!

Popeyes Haunted Barnacles

Sir Tweets and Eats a Lot
I used to watch the channel a lot more probably between 2011 and 2012. Now it seems like they just show Doomsday Preppers and jail shows 24/7 these days. I also really liked them in 2008 when they aired The Dog Whisperer a lot.

SpongeRoadie UK

Vomit Boy
For those of you who haven't seen it, Science of Stupid is awesome. It's basically Richard Hammond explaining YouTube fails. It's one of those shows that brought up miniscule ideas and made them sophisticated. Go check it out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spgyOLY-z7s

imrustyokay

SpongeRoadie UK said:
For those of you who haven't seen it, Science of Stupid is awesome. It's basically Richard Hammond explaining YouTube fails. It's one of those shows that brought up miniscule ideas and made them sophisticated. Go check it out!

Your Lucky! In the US, we get Seth Herzog who looks like he doen't know what he's doing half the time. <.<

SpongeRoadie UK said:

Never heard of it but I will.

SpongeRoadie UK

Vomit Boy
imrustyokay said:
Your Lucky! In the US, we get Seth Herzog who looks like he doen't know what he's doing half the time. <.<
Well, like any Top Gear presenter, Richard Hammond is naturally gifted in scientific stupidity.

Seth Herzog was the guy that was once a voice actor in Kappa Mikey, I believe. He did a couple of Jimmy Fallon skits, so surely he must know something about stupidity.

hashslingingslasher3 said:
I should check out Science of Stupid. Brain Games is really good though.
Everytime I watch Brain Games, I lost some self-esteem.

Sweat

Banished
Brain Games is one of the most educational series on television at the moment. It does really well at explaining to you different illusions and such.

RedSoxFan274

Baseball. Hockey. SBM vet. I drop in unexpectedly.
I'm a huge fan of Brain Games. I used to watch a lot more NatGeo shows, and they've gone downhill in many ways just in the past couple years. That's one of their few remaining gems. NatGeo used to be my premier channel in the "documentary" lineup; now it's switched to H2.

And... I KNOW it's stupid, I KNOW it is, and I KNOW I'm weak, but...
Locked Up Abroad is a guilty pleasure for me.

imrustyokay

Doctor 6ex said:
One can watch Brain Games so much til it gets kinda old
To me, It NEVER gets old.

RedSoxFan274 said:
NatGeo used to be my premier channel in the "documentary" lineup; now it's switched to H2.
I never get H2 unless it's a "Free Preview" for a month.

RedSoxFan274 said:
I'm a huge fan of Brain Games. I used to watch a lot more NatGeo shows, and they've gone downhill in many ways just in the past couple years. That's one of their few remaining gems. NatGeo used to be my premier channel in the "documentary" lineup; now it's switched to H2.

H2 is a pretty awesome channel. I only recently found it and want to have it on more in the background. The other channel I have on a lot now is the Travel Channel. And yeah, that other show was something I was obsessed with and still like myself even though it's usually the same thing over and over (idiot tries to smuggle drugs, gets caught, blah blah blah blah).

President Squidward

Mmmm donuts.
RedSoxFan274 said:
That's stupid and you're weak.

:sbface:

imrustyokay

I'm surprised that nobody is talking about Going Deep with David Rees. It's a pretty good show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMQEOe3RqdU

Back