the 90's the last great decade

todd phillips

Krabby Patty Burglar
well also a few weeks ago i watched a three night night show from sunday to tuesday it was called the 90's the last great decade the first part was about war and such and the next night was about tv shows and more and the last part was about the late 90's and y2k and as soon as people started talking about how the world was going to end 1999,2000 because of y2k i knew it was just a bunch of bolonga and they even talked about a show called roseanne and they said the show lasted for nine seasons and it ended after nine seasons and guess who tied roseanne?that's right it is the yellow sponge we all know yes spongebob tied roseanne for nine seasons and if and when spongebob gets a season 10 he will surpass roseanne but on the show called the 90's the last great decade the last part there was no mention of spongebob how he was the cartoon that changed the world i was hoping that they would they talked about the simpsons so why they didn't talk about apongebob?i don't know.anyway yes the 90's was the last great decade.

President Squidward

Mmmm donuts.
You know what the last great decade was?

No decade. I find this last great decade stuff to be stupid. People liked their childhood, not the decade itself. It was because you were a kid with no responsibilities. Sure, maybe music was better and shows were a little better. It doesn't matter, every decade bad things will happen, and good things will happen. It isn't cool to compare decades and make people who are younger than you feel like crap because they weren't born in that decade. I liked the 2000's because it was my childhood, I still like the 2010's in a way because hey, I'm still a child and in my late childhood.

Kind of pathetic for National Geographic to make a show like this. C'mon, you guys are better than that.

The Vampyre of Time

Moby Dollar
Isn't just a LITTLE subject to call the 90's the last great decade. And it wasn't even that great. The pop music was hit or miss and most shows were pretty tame. But the movies were solid, if not only for Pulp Fiction.

Also Spongebob isn't that important. It isn't a cultural milestone of the 90's since it started in 1999. It'd be like saying the Simpson's is important to the 80's when it started in 89. And spongebob didn't change the world. It's not the ::dolphin noise:: citizen kane of cartoons, it didn't change the medium of cartoons. It's just a good cartoon, not a revolutionary one.

President Squidward

Mmmm donuts.
By the way, if you want to mention cartoons that "changed the world", just say Walt Disney or whatever.

end

6. PROFIT.

"Man, the 90s were the last decade. Everything after December 31, 1999 at 12:59pm sucks". That's what I usually hear.

delete my account

PRESIDENT
"Hey! Let's hate on a documentary based on its title! Who cares about actually watching the program?"

Web Surfer 2.0 said:
6. PROFIT.

"Man, the 90s were the last decade. Everything after December 31, 1999 at 12:59pm sucks". That's what I usually hear.
It's funny because the 21st century started in 2001.

Steel_Sponge

Moby Dollar
Are we not going to talk about the whole "which decade does Spongebob represent?" debate? If I had to make a proclamation, I believe there's no specific decade that would be most notable for which variety of people from each generation remembers Spongebob the most.

In another note, I don't know what this guy is talking about with the whole "last great decade" and "three night night show" thing.

end

"Hey! Let's hate on a documentary based on its title! Who cares about actually watching the program?"

It's funny because the 21st century started in 2001.
Popular belief thinks otherwise. Why bother getting the small details correct if it wouldn't matter in the long run?

delete my account

PRESIDENT
Steel_Sponge said:
Are we not going to talk about the whole "which decade does Spongebob represent?" debate? If I had to make a proclamation, I believe there's no specific decade that would be most notable for which variety of people from each generation remembers Spongebob the most.

In another note, I don't know what this guy is talking about with the whole "last great decade" and "three night night show" thing.
He's talking about a documentary on National Geographic.

SBManiac!!!!!!

welp bye lol
I wonder if they'll be another Y2K virus in 2099.
I think you mean 2999, lol

homestuck said:
How a typical Todd Phillips topic goes:

1. Todd posts about the 90s
2. Prez makes a long post about why he disagrees and gets lots of likes
3. Everyone gets mad
4. Todd never responds
5. Topic lock
So you're saying that you honestly don't care what Todd says. While I do agree with Prez here (again), you're probably the most rational when it comes to dealing wth this guy.

I like the '80's better than the '90's, to be honest. ('90's had better cartoons, though, and great movies from what I've heard). I blame my parents. :P

imrustyokay

Twitter: @imrustyokay
ThatSpongeBoy said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoW9czgQBqE
(No offence to anyone)

But seriously though, I honestly thought it was okay.

ssj4gogita4

Squidward Tortellini
Staff
President Squidward said:
You know what the last great decade was?

No decade. I find this last great decade stuff to be stupid. People liked their childhood, not the decade itself. It was because you were a kid with no responsibilities. Sure, maybe music was better and shows were a little better. It doesn't matter, every decade bad things will happen, and good things will happen. It isn't cool to compare decades and make people who are younger than you feel like crap because they weren't born in that decade. I liked the 2000's because it was my childhood, I still like the 2010's in a way because hey, I'm still a child and in my late childhood.

Kind of pathetic for National Geographic to make a show like this. C'mon, you guys are better than that.
I liked my childhood in the 80s/90s but I also liked a lot of things about the 90s that came out to actually say that I loved the decade.

You say people like their childhood and not the decade itself, yet you say you liked 2000s and 2010s because it's your childhood. What?

Mantis

killer queen best stand
My reaction to it:
Almighty_Tallest_Red_and_Purple_1.jpg

Steel_Sponge said:

Any show that has spanned 15 years can't be in one decade 0_o

ssj4gogita4 said:
You say people like their childhood and not the decade itself, yet you say you liked 2000s and 2010s because it's your childhood. What?
I think they're further supporting what they're saying: It's time time of life you were living and not the decade itself. The decade itself is just time, it's what YOU did during that decade that made it such a memorable time of life.

Back