Moxley♥

We out here in heaven, smoking big doinks in heave
cwn said:
Overrated: Mario Kart 64
Underrated: Super Paper Mario, Kirby Air Ride, Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
Overrated: Ocarina of Time, Final Fantasy 7, Super Mario 64

Underrated: Custom Robo, The Last Remnant, Resident Evil 5

there are plenty more I can think of, but just posting 6 for now

Overrated: OOT (slightly, still amazing but not perfect. No game is), Mario Galaxy 2 and Mario Bros 3

tbh

Frozen Cephalopod
Underrated: Sonuc Lost World

Overrated: Majorra's Mask (good, but it basically borrowed a ton of things from OoT)

Please don't kill me.

SpongyDevotee

Giant Clam
Overrated: Super Mario World, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Pokemon Gold/Silver and HeartGold/Silver, New Super Mario Bros. Wii
Underrated: Super Mario Sunshine, Mario and Luigi Partners in Time, Pokemon FireRed/LeafGreen, Pokemon Diamond/Pearl, Super Mario Bros. 2, Mario Kart Double Dash

There's way more overrated and underrated games, but I just gave a few examples.

cwn said:
Overrated: Mario Kart 64
Underrated: Super Paper Mario, Kirby Air Ride, Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
I agree with these, but Mario Kart 64 is NOT overrated!

Moxley♥ said:
Overrated: Ocarina of Time, Final Fantasy 7, Super Mario 64
Underrated: Custom Robo, The Last Remnant, Resident Evil 5
there are plenty more I can think of, but just posting 6 for now
Disagree with Ocarina of Time and Super Mario 64...

E.V.I.L said:
Overrated: OOT (slightly, still amazing but not perfect. No game is), Mario Galaxy 2 and Mario Bros 3
Yes!!! Super Mario Galaxy 2 is WAAAAAAAAY too overrated! The first Galaxy was also WAY better!

But no, Super Mario Bros. 3 is NOT overrated.

The Drifter

Some person.
These are based on my opinion okai. So you probably never heard about any of these games I'm about to mention.

Overrated: Every Nintendo game ever :P (don't hurt me)
Underrated: Any game that belongs to the Real Time Strategy genre.

To be more specific (based on games I've played)
Overrated: Civilization V, Rome - Total War, Half-Life 2, Starcraft 2, Simcity 4.
Underrated: Rise of Nations, World in Conflict, Cities XL, Halo Wars

goodmorning

Moby Dollar
SpongyDevotee said:
Overrated: Super Mario World, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Pokemon Gold/Silver and HeartGold/Silver, New Super Mario Bros. Wii
Underrated: Super Mario Sunshine, Mario and Luigi Partners in Time, Pokemon FireRed/LeafGreen, Pokemon Diamond/Pearl, Super Mario Bros. 2, Mario Kart Double Dash

There's way more overrated and underrated games, but I just gave a few examples.

Yes!!! Super Mario Galaxy 2 is WAAAAAAAAY too overrated! The first Galaxy was also WAY better!

overrated doesn't mean it's bad.

by the way,ocarina of time and majora's mask are really overrated.

A Writing Stick

Floating Shopping List
I'm mainly a Nintendo nerd so that's what this list will mainly be:

Overrated: Super Mario Galaxy, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Super Mario Sunshine, Metroid Prime series (just not my thing to be fair), Earthbound, Super Mario Bros. Deluxe, Sonic Adventure, Sonic Adventure 2, Mega Man 2 (only classic Mega Man I've played unless you count 9, wasn't that impressed), Super Mario RPG

None of these are bad, but I'm not as big of a fan of them as most are.

Underrated: Zelda II: The Adventure of Link, Castlevania II: Simon's Quest, Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Sonic Heroes, Sonic Unleashed, Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald, Mario Party 9, Metroid II: The Return of Samus, E.T. the Extra Terrestrial (not good but not worth the infamy), Pac-Man for Atari 2600 (same as E.T.)

cwn

Porous Freak
I see you agree with the popular opinion, hence why these games are overrated. Mario Kart 64 is overrated as heck as most of it's fans call it "the best" Mario Kart game solely due to nostalgia, as when I played through, I thought the tracks were very lackluster and boring. And I could not disagree with you more in that Galaxy 2 statement. I actually found Galaxy 2 to be somewhat underrated by fans. Yes, it made some decisions worse than the first game, but outside of critics, it has a reputation like trash, when there are much worse offenders of copying their predecessor. Which reminds me:
Overrated: New Super Mario Bros. 2

Amphitrite

LBW Zelda
Overrated: Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Mario Kart 64, Kirby Super Star, Super Mario 64, Super Smash Bros. (all games), Call of Duty (the entire series), Minecraft, Super Mario Bros.

Underrated: Super Mario World 1 and 2, Kirby Air Ride, Kirby's Dreamland 3, Yoshi's Story, Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Super Mario Bros. 2, Mario Party 9, Super Mario Sunshine

SpongyDevotee

Giant Clam
overrated doesn't mean it's bad.

by the way,ocarina of time and majora's mask are really overrated.

I know. I just like these games so much, and don't find them overrated.

If I call a game overrated, it just means that I didn't like it as much as everyone else did, even if it was still pretty good.

I'm mainly a Nintendo nerd so that's what this list will mainly be:

Overrated: Super Mario Galaxy, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Super Mario Sunshine, Metroid Prime series (just not my thing to be fair), Earthbound, Super Mario Bros. Deluxe, Sonic Adventure, Sonic Adventure 2, Mega Man 2 (only classic Mega Man I've played unless you count 9, wasn't that impressed), Super Mario RPG

None of these are bad, but I'm not as big of a fan of them as most are.

Underrated: Zelda II: The Adventure of Link, Castlevania II: Simon's Quest, Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Sonic Heroes, Sonic Unleashed, Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald, Mario Party 9, Metroid II: The Return of Samus, E.T. the Extra Terrestrial (not good but not worth the infamy), Pac-Man for Atari 2600 (same as E.T.)

I'll just go through a few of your choices now:

I disagree about Super Mario Galaxy being overrated. And how is Super Mario Sunshine overrated? People hated that game and call it the black sheep of the series, but I honestly believe that it is one of the best of the series.

Yes, Metroid Prime is definitely overrated. :p

Super Mario Bros. Deluxe is also pretty overrated, because it's really just a port/slight remake of Super Mario Bros. and Lost Levels on the GameBoy.

Super Mario RPG is kind of overrated, mostly because I consider Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door to be the best Mario RPG, rather than this game.

Agreed, Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald are definitely underrated!

Mario Party 9 was decent, but I really don't like all the changes they did to the series there, so I don't necessarily think that it's underrated.

However, a Mario Party game that is underrated is MARIO PARTY 8!!! I love that game.

I see you agree with the popular opinion, hence why these games are overrated. Mario Kart 64 is overrated as heck as most of it's fans call it "the best" Mario Kart game solely due to nostalgia, as when I played through, I thought the tracks were very lackluster and boring. And I could not disagree with you more in that Galaxy 2 statement. I actually found Galaxy 2 to be somewhat underrated by fans. Yes, it made some decisions worse than the first game, but outside of critics, it has a reputation like trash, when there are much worse offenders of copying their predecessor. Which reminds me:

No, I don't just stick to the popular opinion for no reason. Sometimes I agree with the popular opinion, and sometimes I don't. But yeah, I really do love Mario Kart 64 (and its tracks that I didn't find lackluster and boring), but I still believe that Mario Kart Double Dash is the best Mario Kart game. To be honest, I'm pretty sure people call the first Mario Kart game that they played their favorite mostly because of nostalgia, as that game is usually the one they had the most fun with.

For Super Mario Galaxy 2, I was arguing against all the praise that the game got by critics. That game is NOT a 10/10! I think the first one should have gotten a 10/10, and the sequel is at least a 9/10. I do love Super Mario Galaxy 2 a lot, but it's just that I love the first game WAY MORE. I didn't know that the sequel has a reputation like trash by fans.... It shouldn't have a bad reputation, because I think it did a decent job of copying its predecessor.

And New Super Mario Bros 2 was alright, but nothing compared to the first New Super Mario Bros, which was so much better. I think that New Super Mario Bros Wii is way too overrated by the way, because I really didn't like it that much.

Overrated: Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Mario Kart 64, Kirby Super Star, Super Mario 64, Super Smash Bros. (all games), Call of Duty (the entire series), Minecraft, Super Mario Bros.

Underrated: Super Mario World 1 and 2, Kirby Air Ride, Kirby's Dreamland 3, Yoshi's Story, Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Super Mario Bros. 2, Mario Party 9, Super Mario Sunshine

Super Smash Bros. (N64) and Super Smash Bros. Brawl are the only overrated Super Smash Bros games, IMO. Melee is one of my all-time favorites, though.

I also disagree with Kirby Super Star being overrated.

And yeah, I hate Call of Duty. I never owned a Call of Duty game, and never will. I played it at my friends' houses several times though, and didn't like it. I hate shooter games. I only play games on Nintendo systems, and the PSP.

Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island is DEFINITELY underrated! I seriously LOVE that game!!!! <3

I also agree with Kirby Air Ride and Kirby's Dreamland 3 being underrated.

Yoshi's Story was... Meh at the least.

Super Mario Bros. 2 is AMAZING, so yeah. I agree. :)

And I obviously agree with Super Mario Sunshine.

And lastly, I think Mario Party 9 is also Meh.

Patron3000

Whud up? - 14 year old me
SpongyDevotee said:
I disagree about Super Mario Galaxy being overrated. And how is Super Mario Sunshine overrated? People hated that game and call it the black sheep of the series, but I honestly believe that it is one of the best of the series.

Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island is DEFINITELY underrated! I seriously LOVE that game!!!! <3
Yeah, I don't understand why people thought Super Mario Sunshine was significantly worse than the other Mario games. I got plenty of enjoyment playing that game during my youth. Yoshi's Island is also one of my favorite games all-time.

I feel like Donkey Kong 64 never got its due. People criticized it for being too similar to the Banzo-Kazooie series, but it was still an amazing game nonetheless.

Can someone please give me a logcial argument to SMS being overrated? Half of the fanbase considers it unworthy for it's own series, forget constantly comparing it to SM64... how on Earth is that overrated?!

hashslingingslasher3 said:
Overated: MKSC
Another one that just puzzles me.... I'm pretty confident mose Mario Kart fans prefer not to play this game, probably haven't played this for more than an hour... I fail to see how it's overrated unless you REALLY REALLY despise this game. MK64 and MkWii, fine, MKSC.... @_@

Speaking of underrated games, Twilight Princess. I do think it's weaker than OOT and definitely Majora's Mask but it's still a solid game and I don't think it's a bad game by any means.

The Drifter said:
These are based on my opinion okai. So you probably never heard about any of these games I'm about to mention.

Overrated: Every Nintendo game ever :P (don't hurt me)
Underrated: Any game that belongs to the Real Time Strategy genre.

To be more specific (based on games I've played)
Overrated: Civilization V, Rome - Total War, Half-Life 2, Starcraft 2, Simcity 4.
Underrated: Rise of Nations, World in Conflict, Cities XL, Halo Wars
Have you played every NIntendo game ever? Of course you haven't, so how is that even possible?
That's why I haven't said things like every PC game ever because that's just dumb as i'm sure there's PC games I would love to death upon which I have yet to stumble.
cwn said:
I myself still think Super Mario Galaxy 2 is NOT WAYYY overratedd.. it's still a very solid platformer and one of the best games on the Wii without a doubt! It's just that I thought it was weaker than the other ones.
I agree wholeheartedly with Mario Kart 64. Nearly every Mario Kart game after just did it so much better IMO

As for the whole OOT and Majora's Mask thing, sorry, but I think MM took OOT and perfected it, as far as I'm concerned. Obviously it took things from OOT... it's an alternate world to Hyrule... it's supposed to do that (IK the character models were just meant to be lazy and what not). I felt that OOT, while great, dragged on at a few parts with some inconvinient travel and some boring filler before temples... I think that MM did a much better job making the worlds outside the temples feel wholesome. As for there being less temples and more sidequests.... that's sort of the point, lol.
I also don't get why people complain about the time limit... I just 100%ed that entire game... WITHOUT PLAYING THE INVERTED SONG OF TIME... there's no reason why 3 hours shouldn't be enough to complete Stone Tower Temple. :P

The Drifter

Some person.
E.V.I.L said:
Have you played every NIntendo game ever? Of course you haven't, so how is that even possible?
That's why I haven't said things like every PC game ever because that's just dumb as i'm sure there's PC games I would love to death upon which I have yet to stumble.
I myself still think Super Mario Galaxy 2 is NOT WAYYY overratedd.. it's still a very solid platformer and one of the best games on the Wii without a doubt! It's just that I thought it was weaker than the other ones.
I agree wholeheartedly with Mario Kart 64. Nearly every Mario Kart game after just did it so much better IMO
Oh, I'm sorry for offending you by not liking Nintendo.

I consider them to be overrated because of how much it got talked about, everywhere I go around the Internet people would usually talk about it. Nintendo fans talking about Nintendo is all over my face whenever I met any them. i did not hate Nintendo, I've played some of the game and liked them, I consider to be overrated on how lots of people consider it the biggest thing in the world, and sometimes get upset when somebody disagree with them.

The Drifter said:
Oh, I'm sorry for offending you by not liking Nintendo.

I consider them to be overrated because of how much it got talked about, everywhere I go around the Internet people would usually talk about it. Nintendo fans talking about Nintendo is all over my face whenever I met any them. i did not hate Nintendo, I've played some of the game and liked them, I consider to be overrated on how lots of people consider it the biggest thing in the world, and sometimes get upset when somebody disagree with them.
Then Nintendo is overrated, not every single Nintendo game in existence. There's a strong difference between the two!

Reactions: cwn

That guy

Imitation Krab
Overrated: Banjo Kazooie, TWD.

Underrated: The Zero Escape series. Then again, it's more of a interactive novel than typical gameplay.

SpongyDevotee

Giant Clam
Yeah, I don't understand why people thought Super Mario Sunshine was significantly worse than the other Mario games. I got plenty of enjoyment playing that game during my youth. Yoshi's Island is also one of my favorite games all-time.

I feel like Donkey Kong 64 never got its due. People criticized it for being too similar to the Banzo-Kazooie series, but it was still an amazing game nonetheless.
Thank you!!! Super Mario Sunshine and Yoshi's Island are both really amazing games, and I even consider them better than some other Mario games. Both are some of my all-time favorites. :)

And yes, who cares if a game is similar to another?! Donkey Kong 64 was still amazing! I loved that game.

Pospooky

Moby Dollar
Overrated: The entire COD series. Except for COD: BO: Declassified.

Underrated: Sonic 3D Blast or whatever it's called.

Back