New SpongeBob merchandise here in Germany (BurgerKing)

Squidina

Tintenfisch
Provided the youtube video works, here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbFk-ZTEe0s

If you guys can't view the video, then I've attached an image.

01_02_139_Kids_Spongebob_Mobile_Website.jpg

(I'm wondering why the image shows Squidward's name as "Squidward" and not "Thaddäus" {they never call him Squidward in the show - though they don't edit things where his name is shown written somewhere}; and, also... "Mr. Krab"? LOL! Guess they ran out of 'S's.) ;)

Translation on the image: "6 Football (soccer) toys, one in every king box!"
It's in celebration of the 2014 games in Brazil.

I dunno, what do you guys think of them? I'm personally not sure it was the most brilliant combination and execution I've ever seen... and Squidward looks a little 'Frankenstein's monster'-esque to me. Not the most on-model I've ever seen.

I may still buy a couple of these, just so I can giggle immaturely. ;)

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
"That ain't SpongeBob! SpongeBob is square!"
http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=fjmdILDEMDiZp2rVuVi4CW8LblKHKjJ5UiUzf0tXiQw%3D

Sandy and Squidward look the best, because their heads were rounded to begin with. In fact, Sandy just looks like her body is missing. With Gary they should have left his eyes separate and had the ball be his shell, but they probably wanted all of the balls to have the characters' faces.

Squidina

Tintenfisch
DadMom AngryPants said:
"That ain't SpongeBob! SpongeBob is square!"
http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=fjmdILDEMDiZp2rVuVi4CW8LblKHKjJ5UiUzf0tXiQw%3D

Sandy and Squidward look the best, because their heads were rounded to begin with. In fact, Sandy just looks like her body is missing. With Gary they should have left his eyes separate and had the ball be his shell, but they probably wanted all of the balls to have the characters' faces.
LOL! Yeah, that got me too, actually, LOL! But a square ball is kind of... not going to work so well. Still, it's an odd contrast of terms.

And, yeah, that's what I'm guessing they did exactly, tried to keep all their faces on the ball part, because it's detachable from the 'body/stand' part.

Sandy looks the best to me too; but I'm really not SO crazy about Squidward. I see your point, but what puts me off is the Frankenstein's Monster look to his face/eyes. Of course, maybe it looks better in person, so I will give it a chance when I next make it to Burger King. They should have these for about 4 weeks here, so at the beginning of next month should be okay. Burger King is literally in walking distance from where I live - I may even get there sooner. (I don't visit it often.) If I fetch any of them, I'll take pictures.

Sweat

Banished
How come Europe gets all the good stuff before the US does and/or we never get it at all? They're constantly airing new episodes before they premiere here, they get all-SpongeBob magazines, and now this?

Sometimes, I really do hate the US. Germany, here I come.

President Squidward

Mmmm donuts.
todd phillips said:
hmm hopefully they will come here to america maybe and that is a small maybe.only time will tell.
I'm not sure about that because our American Burger King page doesn't have the kids meal page anymore. They did release toys though, which are these soccer balls, but they're Tom and Jerry ones instead of SpongeBob ones. :thumbdown:

Squidina

Tintenfisch
Halibut said:
How come Europe gets all the good stuff before the US does and/or we never get it at all? They're constantly airing new episodes before they premiere here, they get all-SpongeBob magazines, and now this?

Sometimes, I really do hate the US. Germany, here I come.
I understand you. I think because SB is so popular in many countries (well, here at least) and they have their own merch rights. Also, this is clearly meshing with a very big thing here, the WM Footbal thing in Brazil, which is a huge, huge thing, and soccer is probably NOT so big in America. But, I so get you. There are also many things that are released only in America that you can't get here unless you go on like eBay or something.

So, in short, that maybe these toys may not go to America is because they figure that this whole soccer thing isn't such a big deal there. Maybe you'll get the superbowl version. ;)

Of course, it's not fair, I don't like it either.

Same with the Magazine, that's an area that really bugs me. In germany, they have so many great kids magazines that are for ONE thing only - BTW, I FINALLY found the new SB magazine in a store, but couldn't buy it, d'oh! (Hadn't expected to see it, didn't have any money on hand, was just there to pick up something for a friend.)

President Squidward said:
I'm not sure about that because our American Burger King page doesn't have the kids meal page anymore. They did release toys though, which are these soccer balls, but they're Tom and Jerry ones instead of SpongeBob ones. :thumbdown:
Oh, that is really odd. Then everything I said above is wrong. I have no idea.

Oh, and I didn't find it on the BK website, but they, just today, played the commercial on TV, so then I checked up online. I would like to grab some. (The problem being that I don't have much money to spare, honestly, going through a hard time, and also I'm not so sure I *really* like them - I'm picky about my merch... Just know that I have like nothing, and this would be a good opportunity to add to my collection.)

I could, theoretically, offer to pick some of these up for anyone who's interested, but you'd have to pay both the cost of them and the S/H to America or wherever you are. It's probably better to wait and check ebay for them, because I can't afford to buy a bunch and sell them later. But if someone is really serious and just HAS to have them, they may PM me and we can work it out. (I've also never done this before, so I can't give any price up front - I've no idea what the cost of S/H to america is and have no special connections.) But, it's a potential offer.

Cosmic-Loop

♥♫ The Luigi Queen ♫♥
Far away from California and/or Florida :,(
Ahhh, I see. Back in July-August 2012 McDonald's did the same thing with SpongeBob here in the USA; only I believe it was for the Olympics, though they may have said it was for Etreme Spots or something. But it was RIGHT when the Summer Olympics were happening, and all the characters were sports themed. ;)
I still have a few; I could share some pics later...?

And like most people, I think Sandy looks the absolute best here.

Yay, one of my top faves~~~

As a response, I tend to get a bit blinded when it comes to merch.... Basically accepting anything appropriate, even to the point of putting Kids' Meal toys on display as smaller/cheaper "figures" lol. In some cases I've even bought bootleg merch (but it looks so hilarious most cases, I can't help it once I get the chance...) Shame I know. But hey, it makes my collection that more unique, I guess..??? XP

President Squidward said:
imo I thought BK didn't handle the SpongeBob toys anymore, anyway. Since McDonald's gave out the most recent SpongeBob toys.

More

VIP
SpongeWott said:
I'm so immature for laughing at this xD

As for these though...eh. Not the smartest idea to market balls...
I mean, they LOOK tiny, but somehow the way the kid was able to kick that ball... I don't know.

However, I think a good estimate would be 5 inches in diameter.

President Squidward

Mmmm donuts.
Cosmic-Loop said:
imo I thought BK didn't handle the SpongeBob toys anymore, anyway. Since McDonald's gave out the most recent SpongeBob toys.
Well, this is the first time in five years that they have SpongeBob toys at Burger King in Germany, since they switched to McDonald's before the USA did. It's not impossible for the USA to have SpongeBob toys at BK again. :P

Squidina

Tintenfisch
More_Spongebob_Sandy said:
How big ARE these balls?
I'm guessing maximum 3-4 inches. The video hits me as a little overdone, compared to the end.

I mean, they LOOK tiny, but somehow the way the kid was able to kick that ball... I don't know.

However, I think a good estimate would be 5 inches in diameter.
I'm thinking smaller, but when I find out, I'll post.

Looking at the video again, I'm pretty sure they are pretty small. That point where the boy kicks it and it looks way cool and huge, that's a trick of perspective. ;)

I think we're looking at, at the MOST, golf ball sized.

Squidina

Tintenfisch
You know, looking again, they've got to be bigger than golf ball sized. So, that 5 inches thing *could* very well be correct afterall. I'll just have to check next week. ;)

More

VIP
Well, actually looking at how big 5 inches IS, I think I'll bring my estimate down to 4.

Squidina

Tintenfisch
Well, actually looking at how big 5 inches IS, I think I'll bring my estimate down to 4.
You didn't know what five inches was?

Yeah, four inches could indeed work too.

Squidina

Tintenfisch
I did know, but my hand can't measure exactly.
Oh, okay, Yeah, I understand that.

I thought you may be european, trying to translate from centimetres, hehe.

More

VIP
Cosmic-Loop said:
lol, goddang American units. Why can't we use the worldwide units like everyone else!! Plus, my foot isn't a foot. *ba-dum-tsssssss*

Actually, it might be. I'M KING BOW PEASANT
I know it's stupid, but it's the way it is.

Back