SpongeBob Movie 2 Merchandise Thread

Cha

I love SBM
I want a superhero SpongeBob bubblewand, an ice cream machine for Patrick, a windup little toy robot for Krabs and something with music for Sour Note.

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
The movie sets have been taken down from Entertainment Earth. Foiled again. :krabsnote:

*Waits for yet another website to upload them, preferably with pictures and descriptions this time*

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
From an article about Mega Bloks:

The firm is also hoping to boost its boys’ offering with the launch of its SpongeBob SquarePants Mega Bloks range this Q4.

Martin continued: “It’s a fantastic addition to our portfolio of boys’ brands. With the new movie planned for next year, SpongeBob SquarePants is as popular as ever and is the perfect licensed character to help us increase our male-centric portfolio. Our construction range is one of the only SpongeBob SquarePants ranges to include movie related items, so that’s a real unique selling point for us.”

nicoyazawa227

にっこにっこにー♪
New Mega Block news!

While looking, I found one of the new figure series 2 lited on the website. It is "Post-Apocalypse Krabs". Seems likes the Krabs from the trailer. I hope that it is.

Peterson

ʎlʇɔǝɹɹoɔ ƃuıdʎʇ ɹoɟ looɔ
Stuck in Center Parcs Whinfell Forest, England for
I would want to visit that Krusty Krab place when it opened, it looks quite cool! Plus, it seems almost exactly like the original in my opinion. As for the Mega Bloks, I'll try and get them, if they release in my area in the UK that is!

XRaeq8E.png

"Time Machine", "Movie Vehicle", among other Mega Bloks sets

I was right about saying the vehicle is probably the pirate ship :P
The donut...

source: http://www.nick.co.uk/ncpuk/global/pdf/propertypres/Spongebob%20Property%20PresentationOCT14.pdf

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
The Mega Bloks sets look great. Wasn't a set called "Plankton Tank" listed at one point? None of the sets shown match that description. I guess it's either not shown or it's not actually a movie set.

Simba is a company that makes SpongeBob playsets here in Europe so maybe they will make movie-specific toys. They're quite low quality from what I've seen though so I wouldn't get too excited. I don't think they sell them in the US anyway.

Cha

I love SBM
I wonder if we'll see a SpongeGar cameo in the movie with this whole time traveling bit. It would be quite interesting to see him return for a third time in the series.

ScumBob

sicko m0de
✰ Cha said:
I wonder if we'll see a SpongeGar cameo in the movie with this whole time traveling bit. It would be quite interesting to see him return for a third time in the series.
We don't really know if there's even any time traveling in it. Also, time traveling plots never work, so they better not do it.

Ugh. Who likes Mega Bloks? Lego does what Mega Bloks don't.

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
SpongeCob said:
We don't really know if there's even any time traveling in it. Also, time traveling plots never work, so they better not do it.

Ugh. Who likes Mega Bloks? Lego does what Mega Bloks don't.
Seeing as though there's a time machine play set, I think we can assume that there will be time travelling of some sort. Unless the time machine doesn't actually work. :P

Seeing as though there's a time machine play set, I think we can assume that there will be time travelling of some sort. Unless the time machine doesn't actually work. :P
I think it's safe to assume we will see all of that in the movie. The more you think about it, there are endless possibilities for a magic ancient book in SpongeBob. I do think there will be time travel and even SpongeGar since we have those sets. I mean look at how accurate the pirate ship and all of the characters are, there's no way these aren't going to be included in the movie.

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
Ghostly Grouper said:
I think it's safe to assume we will see all of that in the movie. The more you think about it, there are endless possibilities for a magic ancient book in SpongeBob. I do think there will be time travel and even SpongeGar since we have those sets. I mean look at how accurate the pirate ship and all of the characters are, there's no way these aren't going to be included in the movie.
I wonder what the deal with the doughnut is. I'm guessing that far left side is one set, then there's the two sets in the middle and the group of figures on the far right are the blind bag figures. I particularly love Patrick with the hammer attached to his head. It all seems impressively faithful to what we've seen of the movie so far I have to say.

I don't know what the black see-saw thing next to superhero SpongeBob is though. Maybe it's supposed to be the bubbles. It looks like those round grey cylinders (bubbles?) could attach to SpongeBob's bubble wand.

Supmandude

Squog
DadMom AngryPants said:
I wonder what the deal with the doughnut is.
What's weird about that thing is that the rest of the set looks like a gas station, with tires and fill up tanks. We've seen that the town is graffitied during the Mad Max scenes; maybe somebody spray painted a giant tire sign to look like a doughnut. It's a stretch, but that's my guess. :P

What's weird about that thing is that the rest of the set looks like a gas station, with tires and fill up tanks. We've seen that the town is graffitied during the Mad Max scenes; maybe somebody spray painted a giant tire sign to look like a doughnut. It's a stretch, but that's my guess. :P
If you want a real stretch, my only logical guess based on what we know about this is that it could be a nod to the Simpsons movie. I know this sounds ridiculous but it could be referencing the parallels with the post apocalyptic town by using a pink donut. I'd rather wait until we know more about the Bikini Bottom half of the plot, which probably includes the time machine, before I make any more assumptions or predictions about it.

Cha

I love SBM
Why does Sandy look so wacky? :p

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
✰ Cha said:
Why does Sandy look so wacky? :P
She has a twitchy eye thing going on. Maybe it's her post-apocalypse character. She does look pretty crazy on that Robertryan Cory poster. Either that or she's been working really hard on something. It looks like she's holding plans or some kind of book.

nicoyazawa227

にっこにっこにー♪
[mod=DadMom AngryPants]Moved to merch thread[/mod]

Presenting SpongeBob Mega Bloks Series 2! (The movie figure pack)
Figures:
Patrick as Mr. Superawesomenesss (with Ice Cream)
SpongeBob in Post-Apocalypse garb (With Ketchup gun)
Sandy as/in ???? (With a book?)
Mr. Krabs in Post-Apocalypse garb
Squidward as Sour Note (With Clarinet)
Patrick with hammer on head (from trailer)
Post-Apocalypse fish
+ one mystery figure (I don't know this one so don't ask)

Interesting to note, this must be an error because it's showing the series 1 packaging. (Or maybe a Wal-Mart exclusive?)
Click on the name to see the figure (Missing the last 2 pics because they won't show up in full, I'll try when I get home)
Plus Sour Note uses the Power Ranger figure body. (minus the head obviously)

(Psst, they got it in the merch thread before me. Rats!)

Back