Throwback Thursday

ssj4gogita4

Squidward Tortellini
Staff
So, I've been working on this little project for the past couple days and finally got it done tonight. Going to add a "throwback" section to the main site but want to show you all the awesomeness that is the SpongeBob fansites. Every Thursday will have a throwback SB fansite so you can see what it was like to have more fansites around and just what they looked like.

These are all re-done so it looks like when it was still up and running. Takes a lot of hard work and sweat…but mostly sweat. Please keep in mind that only the index page will be seen.

First up is SpongeBob Area. First created by "ChiChi" (awesome name, btw :P), this is probably the inspiration for a lot of sites from 2004-2009 (yes, even SBM was inspired by it). Only a few fansites were made before this (SBO, Sarah, sb.net). It had an excellent forum and information database. I really like the layout still even if it's 10 years later.

sbathumb.png

PhilipB

Sussudio Enthusiast
Holy moly. Memories. Especially that countdown to the movie... Good times

nicoyazawa227

にっこにっこにー♪
ssj4gogita4 said:
im not done with that. I have the rest of them already finished.
No. The mp3 part. I don't think you can download the songs now.

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
More_Spongebob_Sandy said:
Why can't I browse the rest of that forum?
SSJ has explained a few times already. It isn't a fully working site, just the main page.

ssj4gogita4 said:
Please keep in mind that only the index page will be seen.
ssj4gogita4 said:
SBA is dead.

Look at it. Look at it. YOU! LOOK AT IT!

Just some memories for some of us and some something to learn for the newbies.

nicoyazawa227

にっこにっこにー♪
I used to go on this site, but then it had no games so i never went back on until i joined the fourms

ssj4gogita4

Squidward Tortellini
Staff
Throwback Thursday #2: SpongeBob Online

sbothumb.png

This was a sibling site to Sarah's SpongeBob Shrine. With the exception of spongebob.net, Sarah's Shrine and SBO were a couple of the earliest SB fansites out there, with Sarah being first.

SBO had a simple design but it was so elegant looking back then. I still like the look even if it is too old and coding language has changed to make way for better designs.

You can see several things that SBO had that were "borrowed" [;)] around other sites: quote of the moment, 'the site', 'the fan', 'the show', and a couple others.

SpongeBob Online was in operation from 2002 - 2005.

Back