SpongeWott's Top 20 Most Underrated Spongebob Episodes

Pospooky

Moby Dollar
CLARIFICATION: Underrated = / = good. It just means a lot of people hate on it.

I don't think too many people have done lists like this and I don't really want to do a boring Best/Worst list. So, here are, in my opinion, the top 20 most underrated Spongebob episodes!

Number 20:

teenagegary.JPG

Yes, I'm starting this one with a Season 1 episode. And actually I don't remember this one at all. Maybe that's a good thing. So I decided to re-watch it on Youtube.

So the episode starts with Spongebob playing with Gary. Then boring filler blah blah blah. Then Patrick breaks into his house and tells him about the jellyfishing convention this weekend. Spongebob says he can't go because he has to take care of Gary. Then Squidward just HAPPENS to come to his house because Spongebob left his underwear on Squid's front lawn, so he uses this oppurtunity to ask Squidward if he could take care of Gary. Squidward refuses, but when Spongebob says he can't go away, Squidward comes right back and says yes. So more filler blah blah blah.

This episode is pretty much the start of a few Gary Torture Episodes. Why? Because Squidward ignores Gary for three days! D: When he sees Spongebob and Patrick coming back, he also notices a sick Gary. And then the episodes gives us a fairly creepy image of him that I won't show. So then Squid tries to feed Gary, but he's too sick to eat (ew) so Squidward eats all the food. So then he runs out after Spongebob comes back and then Spongebob notices something's wrong with Gary. So he calls the hospital, and the doctor gives him some snail plasma to inject into Gary. So Spongebob asks Squidward to do it and he eventually agrees. So then there's some more boring filler until Squidward injects Spongebob with snail plasma. So then Spongebob starts eating snail food, creepily enough, and then starts meowing. And then he mutates into a snail. Honestly, I found nothing creepy about this part. *shrug*

So then SpongeSnail goes to Squidward's house to ask for help, and then Squidward goes crazy trying to get away from him. Then he gets injected with the snail plasma. So the scene cuts to SpongeSnail, SquidSnail, and Gary meowing "Blow the Man Down" on a fence that randomly appeared near the houses on Conch Street. Then Patrick throws a boot at the snails which was pretty much the funniest part of the episode.

Honestly, I found this episode more boring than creepy. There were just no good jokes and most of it was filler. But don't worry, we've got a lot worse up next!

BrickSponge2015

See You Ocean Man...
Underrated means a lot of people think it's good but almost everyone else hates it. This is more of a "Top 20 Most Hated SpongeBob Episodes" list. However, regardless, IWATG IS underrated. I like it.

MadFred

ooooooofy day
BrickSponge2015 said:
Underrated means a lot of people think it's good but almost everyone else hates it. This is more of a "Top 20 Most Hated SpongeBob Episodes" list. However, regardless, IWATG IS underrated. I like it.
Ahem, underrated is not an objective term by how many people hate it or love it. An episode is underrated in your personal opinion if you find it better than the common fan opinion about it.

Oh, and I'm following the list. I hope Overbooked and Doing Time will both be in here (both are not really hated, but undermentioned, and that's a shame).

MadFred

ooooooofy day
Ohad said:
Ahem, underrated is not an objective term by how many people hate it or love it. An episode is underrated in your personal opinion if you find it better than the common fan opinion about it.

Oh, and I'm following the list. I hope Overbooked and Doing Time will both be in here (both are not really hated, but undermentioned, and that's a shame).
Kerdem said:
Overbooked Is Hated? I've Never Seen A Person Hate That Episode
As I said, people don't hate it, but they treat it as an average episode from season 6; I find it to be one of the best S6-7 episodes.

Take A Step, Inside Your Mind! I'm Stalking you.
I like it.

Ohad said:

You're kidding me, right?
Well all I have to say is *prays for Good Neighbors to end up on here*

Pospooky

Moby Dollar
IWATG wasn''t scary at all to me. I can't understand why so many people hate it. I guess if people didn't think it was that funny I can understand.

And yeah, I kinda meant for it to be more of a hated list so I'll change it to that.

BrickSponge2015

See You Ocean Man...
Ohad said:

That's what I meant. Sorry if I was unclear.

Pospooky

Moby Dollar
#19:

Party_Pooper_Pants.jpg

Yeah, another pre-movie one on here. I'm gonna get these out of the way before I start raging on the newer episodes.

I'm going to skip the Patchy parts because simply: THEY SUCK. They're completely useless filler.

So the episode starts with Spongebob racing through Barg 'n' Mart, grabs a tin can from a gravity-defying pyramid (but hey it's a cartoon so) and for some reason rushes to the register. It turns out he was racing to beat the record in an undersea Guinness. So then there's some boring filler and some unfunny jokes, and then we ACTUALLY GET ALONG WITH THE EPISODE. He finds a DIY party kit and then Lou provokes him to steal it. So, back at home, Spongebob reads the stuff and it's really just boring filler. So then he sends out invites to everyone, MORE boring filler; jeez, it must have more than House Sittin' for Sandy! So then we transition to night [strike]and nobody comes the end[/strike] and there's even more filler and then Pat comes. More filler, Mr. Krabs comes, and then Spongebob turns into Patrick from Pet Sitter Pat-I mean says that they can't laugh until 9:03.

NO!

...sorry for that outburst. So Squidward comes because Spongebob cut his cable. And then Spongebob says they can't talk until 10:41.

NO!

...Getting on with this. Spongebob forces people to conversate about things they probably don't want to talk about. More filler and then Spongebob says to not have fun without them. SPONGEBOB. THIS IS A PARTY. THE DEFINITION OF PARTY IS FUN. Anyway, Spongebob goes to the coat room, and according to him, everything is out of order. More filler. So then Spongebob goes outside and locks himself out of his house. More filler as Spongebob tries to get back inside, and eventually he gets caught by the police. Spongebob has to explain everything and the police just walk away. They don't bother helping. They just waltz away, not giving a single *dolphin noise*. Oh, wait, no, they come back. And they arrest him for not inviting him. That's pretty much it.

It's not funny. It's just Spongebob being an *dolphin noise*.

2/10 for originality.

Oh god I don't want to know what's next.

Pospooky

Moby Dollar
#18:

20071021183728!Dumped.jpg

"But, SpongeWott! Why is this so low?"

Because there are 17 other episodes that are more hated than this.

So the episode starts with Spongebob playing with Gary, and Patrick comes and they play more (aka filler) and Gary takes a liking to Patrick. More filler, and then Patrick goes home with Gary, and Spongebob doesn't realize it. So Spongebob goes to Pat's house and wants Gary to come home, but Patrick suggests that he and Gary have a sleepover. So the next day Spongebob asks for Gary back, but he doesn't want to go home. Instead he stays with Patrick, which was kinda sad. I mean, Gary completely ignores him! So Spongebob tries to get him to play with him, but it doesn't work. So then SB tries to force him back like in Gary Takes a Bath, but does it work? Nope. So they do the "come to me" contest, aaaaaaaand Patrick wins. Eventually Spongebob decides to get a worm, which is kinda strange since in Wormy-ah nevermind, this show never had any continuity. And the worm just sits there. And eventually he abandons Spongebob too. So he gets a new snail which is just rude to Spongebob. So then Patrick comes over, so Spongebob takes this oppurtunity to beg Gary to come back. Does Gary come back? Nope. So Patrick starts doing laundry in Spongebob's house, and notices that Gary is digging in Patrick's pocket. He takes out a cookie and eats it. Then Gary comes back to Spongebob.

That's it.

That was the ending.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9JPGJ1h7tY

2/10 stars for being unfunny and way too mean-spirited for a pre-season episode.

Also, I skipped over the notorious "the gang's all here" scene because it wasn't in the video I watched. *shrug*

Hint for #17: (I'll only be doing this when I'm sure of the next episode) Spongebob goes Tarzan

More

VIP
Why do you keep putting pre-movie episodes on here?

Save it for the really underrated ones like Stuck in the Wringer and Rodeo Daze

And really, Nature Pants is next...

EVSPONGEFAN

Balloon Traveler
Nature Pants, probably, but I never really see too many people hating Opposite Day. Maybe I'll put it as an honorable mention.
Ohhhh, well from what I have seen here on SBM people find Opposite Day a bad episode, though I love this episode! I don't mind on what you do, it is your list! :)

Pospooky

Moby Dollar
Why do you keep putting pre-movie episodes on here?

Save it for the really underrated ones like Stuck in the Wringer and Rodeo Daze

And really, Nature Pants is next...
I said before that I wanted to get these out of the way. Besides, they're a lot less underrated than the bad post-movie episodes.

I'm thinking of doing I'm With Stupid, but idk...

Back