Boss's Top 100 Episodes!

That One Random Boss

Mascot of the Real Nep
It took a while, but it's about time I made a list now that From Hero To Legend is over.

Let me just say, the actual list will take a few days to begin. I may post my #100 at least by Friday or Saturday depending on how busy I will be in the next few days.

Also, this will probably be THE MOST controversial list. It's got quite a few post-movie eps, about a couple Squid abuse eps, LOTS of Sandy, plagued by the overrated episodes, and the top are those that probably nobody will agree with me. :P Feel free to follow so you can join me on this interesting journey.

52 Pre-Movie Episodes, 48 Post-Movie Epsiodes. That's the rundown.

Interesting start to the list. Hint for #100: Zeus the guitar lord!

MadFred

ooooooofy day
I like Tentacle Vision, btw. I think 100 is a good place for it to be.

Also, it's interesting that you have so much post-movie episodes on the list!

I'm following.

More

VIP
Good that you will have a lot of post-movie episodes but really, Tentacle-Vision?!? Followed anyways.

That One Random Boss

Mascot of the Real Nep
First off, here's some Honorable Mentions (Not in any order):

1: Truth or Square - I say this is underrated, but it was disappointing to heck. I think what made this episode good for me was the fake wedding (go ahead, bash me now.) and the fact the characters made it out of their situation.
2: Squid Defense - Squidward learning karate was thought out of the box. It was just really interesting. I guess that it would've made it on the list if it weren't for the cop out ending.
3: Abrasive Side - Another interesting episode. Sandy's head disappearing was hilarious, Patrick being confused was funny, and SpongeBob being mean was interesting.
4: Slimy Dancing - This was quite a funny episode. I just think it gets boring seeing SpongeBob dancing over and over again.
5: F.U.N - This was purely nostalgic and the FUN song will always remain a part of me forever. The only reason that it's not in the top 100 is that it got beat by competition.
6: Suds - This episode was funny and interesting. This was also one of my favorite performances from Sandy. The reason this episode never made the list is the same reason as F.U.N.
7: Rock Bottom - Another funny and interesting episode that never made the list due to competition.
8: Big Pink Loser - Same as Rock Bottom.
9: Doing Time - Same as Rock Bottom.
10: One Krabs Trash - Same as Rock Bottom.
11: New Student Starfish - Same as Rock Bottom.
12: The Lost Mattress - Same as Rock Bottom.
13: Karate Island - Underrated. VERY underrated. If SpongeBob weren't so arrogant, this would've easily made top 50 at least!
14: Born to Be Wild - Very underrated but it just grew on me...
15: SB vs. The Patty Gadget - I wanted to count this, but it was too short. :(
16: Sing A Song of Patrick - I guess a better ending would've put this on the list.
17: Pest of the West - Underrated, but it didn't live up to the hype, and SpongeBuck was a little annoying in the start.
18: The Battle of Bikini Bottom - Quite interesting, but it was a bit gross and grating seeing Patrick endorse being dirty so much.
19: House Fancy - I liked this, but SpongeBob was dumb in this episode, so I made a double-take.
20: Karate Star - Quite interesting, but Patrick not being able to control his chopping hand was a bit dumb for me.
21: A Friendly Game - I only saw once, so I don't remember.
22: Hello Bikini Bottom! - Same as A Friendly Game.

#100 should be up tomorrow. :)

Mantis

killer queen best stand
Does this mean that Sandys Rocket is going to be on the list?

That One Random Boss

Mascot of the Real Nep
Spongetron Robotpants said:
Does this mean that Sandys Rocket is going to be on the list?
No, I honestly found it meh, not because of Sandy being a scientist, but because of SpongeBob and Patrick thinking everyone is an alien. I found it kinda boring and lame tbh.

That One Random Boss

Mascot of the Real Nep
http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=4ZV7baQZWi1S58qNEql3F6zF%2BEkqMa%2BWVvwJNo%2FlETo%3D

Yep. An interesting start to this list, a deemed Squidward torture episode.

So the start of the episode features Squidward complaining about a random television show featuring Zeus the Guitar Lord, who is honestly my favorite character in the episode because he reminds me of me when I was a pre-teen. This causes Squidward to make his own show that would talk culture and reasoning.

And guess who are the first people to discover Squidward's TV show? That's right! SpongeBob and Patrick! They run over to Squidward's to tell him that they saw him on TV without realizing that they were on TV saying that they saw Squidward on TV, which made me laugh. A lot.

All of a sudden, all of the main characters join the show (literally). We have Mr. Krabs using the show to advertise the Krusty Krab (for free of course), Sandy challenging Mr. Krabs to a line dancing contest (which is quite Texan if I do say so myself), Pearl who decides to practice her cheerleading without realizing that she's destroying everything around her, and Plankton who uses a death ray to prove to Squidward's viewers that he could cause more destruction than Pearl. All this takes place while Squidward just sits there, disgruntled that his show was ruined by everyone he hated. He soon loses it and screams at everyone to get out.

All of a sudden, Larry and his group of party animals shows up upon hearing Squidward saying "Housewarming". They turn the show into a party. Then the producer of Squidward's show shows up and says that the show was doing great. He then proceeds to point out the people that receive the lowest ratings, which not surprisingly includes Squidward himself, causing Squidward to be kicked out of his own house.

The episode ends with Zeus the Guitar Lord returning as the host of Squidward's House Party. Squidward watches everything on TV annoyed that everything's taking place right downstairs.

My official opinion of the episode now begins. First off, other than the ending, I don't see this as much of a Squid abuse episode. If the beginning and middle count as part of the torture, then Band Geeks is just as bad. I give this a 7.9/10 due to moments of humor.

Hint for 99: Fui Fui.

More

VIP
Tentacle-Vision honestly doesn't deserve to be here whatsoever. It is the overlord of Squid Torture. Also 15th worst episode.

Next is Spongebob BC/UGH, which I like.

That One Random Boss

Mascot of the Real Nep
More_Spongebob said:
Tentacle-Vision honestly doesn't deserve to be here whatsoever. It is the overlord of Squid Torture. Also 15th worst episode.

Next is Spongebob BC/UGH, which I like.
It gets worse. You'll see. There are a few more Squid torture eps that are quite high on this list. :)

More

VIP
Whatever you do, PLEASE don't put on...

[titlecard]79a[/titlecard]
[titlecard]112b[/titlecard]
[titlecard]116a[/titlecard]
[titlecard]117b[/titlecard]
[titlecard]125a[/titlecard]
[titlecard]138a[/titlecard]

And of course...

[titlecard]169a[/titlecard]

That One Random Boss

Mascot of the Real Nep
More_Spongebob said:
Whatever you do, PLEASE don't put on...

[titlecard]79a[/titlecard]
[titlecard]112b[/titlecard]
[titlecard]116a[/titlecard]
[titlecard]117b[/titlecard]
[titlecard]125a[/titlecard]
[titlecard]138a[/titlecard]

And of course...

[titlecard]169a[/titlecard]
Well, ONE of them is on my list. Obviously I won't tell which yet. ;]

MadFred

ooooooofy day
I think I know which one you'll put :p
Squid's Visit/Pineapple Fever? (Squid's Visit being more likely)

Anyway, the next episode is Ugh (another great choice).

I don't think Tentacle Vision is top 10 worthy but I love that episode too. It's very funny and creative. I hated Squid abuse in that episode though.

That One Random Boss

Mascot of the Real Nep
http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=d6ry4CjUuWUdGmRsWKZIz7qyRHaRjcghUuW6f7TgorM%3D

I should be doing homework, but Senioritis (or for me, Slow Spring) kicked in, so here's an addition to my long list of SB faves.

Yes, a more half-and-half episode where people either find it interesting or boring. Well obviously, for me, it was interesting. I like shows that are so nonsensical that even ancestors lived the same lifestyle as the characters do. It intrigues me for some reason.

So we begin with classic Patchy v. Potty action. This time, they fight over whether the past or future is better. This was quite interesting because the topic is one that people at ANY age can debate about. Think about it, would you rather live in the past where music was good and life was simpler, or would you live in the future with awesome technology and chrome universe?

So back on topic, the special begins with SpongeGar waking up and during sort of SpongeBob's daily routine that did not include the Krusty Krab. Next, we see Squog, who already seems annoyed by SpongeGar's antics. He witnesses SpongeGar and Patar(?) greeting each other, and my oh my their actions.... It just made me laugh.. From Patar's punching himself to his ripping his lips... Yeah.. Soo Squog pulls out the big guns (or rather a small blunt bat). The other bat's crying made me laugh as well.

So as Squog confronts SpongeGar and Patar, he slips on Gary's ancestor's slime, which causes random slips down random paths. We move on to SpongeGar and Patar just standing there completely oblivious to Squog's slipping. After he finally stops slipping around, Squog yells at SpongeGar to control his huge somewhat frightening pet. This confrontation includes my favorite line of the episode, "Tabanga doo." (Don't ask why, it entertains me every time.)

We continue the special as SpongeGar and Patar start playing with a piece of wood that they use to make bubbles because why not? SpongeBob and Patrick play with bubbles so why can't their FAR ancestors? Squog just stares at this scene annoyed. Patar then claps multiple times and lightning strikes near them. Then he and SpongeGar take turns performing the clapper until suddenly lightning strikes the piece of wood as well as SpongeGar and Patar after they abuse it after getting too excited. Squog rushes out of the house to see if they were okay, and the three discover the wood was on fire even though they are still technically underwater. Logic never makes sense in a cartoon, but hey I'm personally not complaining. For a cartoon, the less logic the better honestly, but there still should be enough logic so the show can thrive without debate or questioning. For example, Sandy, a land squirrel, lives underwater, which isn't really logical, at all... but there should be enough logic such as Sandy needing an air helmet to survive underwater, so it's sort of reasonable.

Okay I'm going off topic so we continue. Because the three had never seen fire before, Squog curiously touches the fire, obviously causing him to get burnt. SpongeGar and Patar then touch the fire. This scene is probably my favorite scene in the entire special.

http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=I%2Buv69%2Fns5zMRoXH0TNJGx5VNZivoMW7m0ZuPlhhPeg%3D
This. Just THIS.
Their hands just remain there... and they feel nothing... Moments later, they too scream in pain and promptly place their hands in their mouths in an attempt to heal their burns. Patar then pulls an act of self-cannibalism by salting and eating his hand. Seeing this, SpongeGar and Squog get hungry. SpongeGar gathers random plants, then trips, causing the plants to fall into the fire. Squog then yells gibberish in anger at SpongeGar. Patar then tries to eat Squog's hand, and Squog bashes Patar's head with a stick in response.

Meanwhile, SpongeGar thinks. Creepily and deeply.
http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=p%2B%2Fx3mmL21uVb60iDs6KBdjnT4rEisUdq9FCU6L5AWQ%3D

and then THIS shows up.
http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=z27at8uF%2BkFlCljxAXVKYWBMFWmtCehzsp7oPqOQf7U%3D

Then the screen goes quicker and quicker until SpongeGar finally puts his idea into action. He grabs Squog's stick, places the burnt (or cooked plant) on the stick like kebab-style (or whatever). He tries it and he jumps in joy. Squog then does the same then tells SpongeGar that he's a genius, showing a picture of Einstein, which refers back to my earlier point on lack of logic because Einstein wasn't born yet for another whoever-knows-how-many years. Back on topic, SpongeGar, Patar and Squog then all have a montage of random food and stuff, including what seems to be ancestors of Mr. Krabs, cooks them, eats them, then cheer at their 'breakthrough'.

We return to Patchy and Potty, still arguing over whether past is better than future. The conflict between them slowly intensifies as they try to prove to the viewers which is better by showing examples such as lighting fires and life forms from both eras. The two said life forms, a caveman and a robot respectively, start fighting each other, and Patchy motions us back to the special before getting knocked out by the caveman he summoned.

The montage of food-consumption continues as the three protagonists over-indulge random food to cook and eat. After they finally get full, they say goodbye to each other, but suddenly they fight over who takes home the fire. The following scenes include various traps and measures to scare/immobilize each other. The fight stops when rain pours onto the fire causing it to burn out. SpongeGar and Patar apologize to each other which annoys Squog because they made a big deal out of the fire. Before he could beat the two up, Squog gets struck by lightning, and the cartoon portion of the special ends with SpongeGar and Patar cooking plants on the burnt Squog.

We return again to Patchy, who's disgruntled that his special was ruined yet again by Potty. Potty then tells him to reenter his home for a surprise, which is the epic "When Worlds Collide" song. I love this song so much. Nostalgia overload! The special ends with Patchy getting snatched by a T-Rex (or whatever dinosaur) while Potty watches with popcorn.

My opinion on this episode: This was interesting, funny, and underrated. People say the episode is boring due to lack of dialogue, but if you've seen as much Tom and Jerry as me, you won't be too bothered. (This might explain why WALL-E and 9 are considered some of my favorite films.) My grade is tied with Tentacle Vision at 7.9/10. I guess if the episode left out so much filler then this would be top 20 worthy.

Hint for 98: Whoopie Cushions. Everywhere.

Back