SpongeBob musical to premiere in Chicago, open on Broadway in the 2016-2017 season

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
The SpongeBob Musical to Receive Cast Album

The stars of The SpongeBob Musical will reunite in the recording studio to lay down tracks for a forthcoming album of the show's score. The album, to be recorded August 8-11 on the Masterwoks Broadway label, will be released when the show moves to Broadway. A timetable for a New York engagement is still to be announced.

MrColeslaw

Balloon Traveler
I can wait; I've heard the soundtrack for the "Sponge Who Could Fly" international live show, and if it's even as a good as that, I'd be content; but I don't know, this one just seems like its gonna be better.

BenPaz: Act Zero

My Waifu
Vincent Waller said:
As I understand it, they are waiting for theater space. There are only so many big theaters on Broadway, and they are currently all taken. ;(
I mean i'm a new yorker and I can verify that yes. What you said is very true.

SpongeBobfan1987

"I'm so spice!"
I hope they find one in Times Square.

I know they can not open in One Astor Plaza (Although MTV and Nickelodeon have their New York studios there), since their theatre space is already taken by the Lion King and Aladdin musicals.

BenPaz: Act Zero

My Waifu
So uhhh. I wonder how it's going. I mean, Broadway is really crowded. The journey continues for them to find a theater to put it in.

Night-Waker

Moby Dollar
Too bad I'm broke and don't live in New York otherwise I'd totally see it lol

DadMom AngryPants said:
FINALLY! I was wondering when that would happen.

DJ Sagara said:
I found this article on the New York Post where the writer legitimately thinks that The SpongeBob Musical could become the next Hamilton:

http://nypost.com/2016/06/12/these-musicals-could-be-the-next-hamilton/

As much as I'm excited for it, I think that's kind of stretching it too far. I could be wrong though.
...Wut? XD

Night-Waker

Moby Dollar
Sorry for the bump. I don't know if this was posted already somewhere else, but one of the songs has been put up on YouTube.

https://youtu.be/Y5TCOq0rvac

Don't know about you guys, but I would pay literally any amount of money for Tom Kenny to do a cover of this.

Also, does this song give anyone else really strong first movie vibes?

Back