SpongeBob Mega Bloks to debut at New York Toy Fair

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
Mega-Bloks-Spongebob-Series-11.jpg
The Tattle-tale Strangler is finally immortalized in playset form, and, much to CowBob RanchPants's delight, so is Square Dance/Sheriff Patrick.
Via Toy World Magazine:

Ahead of this year’s New York Toy Fair, Mega Brands has announced an expansion of its construction toys portfolio with Nickelodeon’s SpongeBob SquarePants.

Attendees will get a preview of the new construction line hitting stores this Autumn at the American International Toy Fair in New York City (Booth #751).

“We are proud to extend our kids building toy portfolio with SpongeBob SquarePants,” said Vic Bertrand, chief innovation officer, Mega Brands. “With a combination of great characters, creative builds and fun features, kids will love creating their own Mega Bloks SpongeBob SquarePants stories.”

Manuel Torres, SVP global toys and publishing at Nickelodeon Consumer Products Group, added: “We are thrilled to extend our relationship with Mega Brands to now include our SpongeBob SquarePants brand. The development of these innovative and unique construction-based toys will reconnect kids around the world with traditional toy play, and bring the adventures of SpongeBob from the TV screen, to the play room.”

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
Award said:
I want those. It's sadly places like NY that get these first, can't they be spread out more here for the first release?
OH AND STRANGLER AND OL PECOS PATRICK I NEVER THOUGHT THIS WOULD HAPPEN!
They won't actually be for sale at the Toy Fair, it's an event where companies show what toys they will be releasing soon. :)
So they'll be released in Autumn everywhere (in America).

Take A Step, Inside Your Mind! I'm Stalking you.
DadMom AngryPants said:
They won't actually be for sale at the Toy Fair, it's an event where companies show what toys they will be releasing soon. :)
So they'll be released in Autumn everywhere (in America).
Oh ok. It'd be cool to have more people from different timelines, like Squog and Primitive Sponge. Oh and the IJLSA counterparts would be cool too. 1 question though: Are the toys in the picture above the only ones or are they just examples?

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
Award said:
Oh ok. It'd be cool to have more people from different timelines, like Squog and Primitive Sponge. Oh and the IJLSA counterparts would be cool too. 1 question though: Are the toys in the picture above the only ones or are they just examples?
Probably just examples. The Squidward in the picture is Squog, by the way. So I doubt the figures in the picture are the only ones because that would mean there were no regular versions of the charaters.

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
From the official Mega Bloks blog:

Today, Mega Brands and Nickelodeon announced an expansion to our existing licensing partnership that will see a line of construction sets based on SpongeBob SquarePants, the popular, long-running television series.

A full range of new sets will be launched in Fall 2014. The line will allow boys and girls over the age of four to build their favorite destinations from all over the underwater city of Bikini Bottom.

The show is well-known for its huge roster of iconic characters. The line will see many other Bikini Bottomites join SpongeBob like his best friend Patrick, co-worker Squidward and boss Mr. Krabs.

Mega Bloks SpongeBob SquarePants sets will be hitting stores this Fall, just in time for the holiday season. Excited to see the world of SpongeBob in Mega Bloks form? Join the conversation on our Facebook page or sign up to the Mega Bloks newsletter to stay updated!

Cha

I love SBM
Sheriff Patrick as a new toy and a shoutout from DMAP?

http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=z5trtnSfR8%2F7cs02rnmneNpCNYMnY0nqKbVD5VehKkY%3D

Mmm mmm mmm, it's a official CowBob you have spoiled yourself rotten.

http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=B1IFhWHyXNX%2FxzkKnpGH6b5FkCIFNglHmQtb0QUBieM%3D

More

VIP
Well, it's official. Lego closed the book on Spongebob :grouphug:

todd phillips

Krabby Patty Burglar
DadMom AngryPants said:
Mega-Bloks-Spongebob-Series-11.jpg
The Tattle-tale Strangler is finally immortalized in playset form, and, much to CowBob RanchPants's delight, so is Square Dance/Sheriff Patrick.
Via Toy World Magazine:
but don't we already have lego? i'm not hating i was just pointing out. i guess it is to to have new figures but yeah we do need new figures nothing against the old one's but just imagine combining different sets from different brands. p.s,lego, megabloks whatever it's the same to me if i can build stuff with it then fine more fun for me.

More

VIP
I like the Krusty Krab they made and these collectible figures, but I didn't like the boat mobiles.

BrickSponge2015

See You Ocean Man...
todd phillips said:
but don't we already have lego? i'm not hating i was just pointing out. i guess it is to to have new figures but yeah we do need new figures nothing against the old one's but just imagine combining different sets from different brands. p.s,lego, megabloks whatever it's the same to me if i can build stuff with it then fine more fun for me.
THEY ARE NOT THE SAME

More

VIP
todd phillips said:
Why would you think they're the same! They may be compatible, but really there is a difference in your mind that you can't picture. But really even small companies like Cobi got closer.

tbh

Frozen Cephalopod
Only complaint I have with Mega Bloks is the figures, I personally prefer the LEGO Minifigures or Kreons.

Back