New SpongeBob SquarePants interactive experience to debut at Madame Tussauds NYC

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
l.jpg
Tom Kenny at the unveiling of SpongeBob's wax figure in 2009.

Via examiner.com:

Nickelodeon’s SpongeBob SquarePants wax figure, the first animated character to receive a figure made entirely of wax by Madame Tussauds unveiled in 2009 will feature a new, enhanced environment beginning Tuesday, Feb. 11 at Madame Tussauds New York. This custom, fully interactive experience is designed to replicate the sights and sounds of one of SpongeBob’s favorite hangouts, Jellyfish Fields.

New features include a one-or two-player interactive gestural wall game that allows visitors to use their own body movements to virtually interact with the jellyfish and bubbles of Jellyfish Fields. Guests hone their virtual skills by popping bubbles and once they've mastered that, they can try their hand at moving jellyfish to their virtual net. However, they need to be careful as some of the jellyfish will "sting" them, causing the screen to flash and release all of the netted jellies back into the wild, starting the gameplay all over again. Some of Bikini Bottom's most familiar faces also make an appearance.

In celebration of the brand-new interactive space, Madame Tussauds New York is offering kids 12 and under FREE admission through President’s Day, Feb. 17, if their family comes to the attraction dressed in yellow (Valid two free children per full paying adult. Cannot be purchased in advance or combined with other offers).

Madame Tussauds is located at 234 West 42nd Street, between 7th and 8th Avenues, Times Square in NYC. Please call 212-512-9600 with any additional questions.

MadFred

ooooooofy day
ssj4gogita4 said:
Is it me or does Tom Kenny look more and more like Stephen Hillenburg?
He IS Stephen, don't you see?
In Frankendoodle, Spongebob draws the world around himself with a 'magical pencil'. That shows the force that SB's voice, Tom, has on the show- He actually decides what happens in his world.

(Or, they just look similar when mature, and there's no deeper explanation to that. Choose the answer you like the most.)

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
I guess this has something to do with the exhibit. It's a fiberglass version of SpongeBob and the jellyfish that was posted on Instagram today.

04bc88ca8e8c11e39a9e12568affc0f7_8.jpg

Back