RSF Does Wander Over Yonder Fanfics

RedSoxFan274

Baseball. Hockey. SBM vet. I drop in unexpectedly.
I have broken away from the "Squidward vs. Wander" thread because this fanfic is so spectacularly long... and also because it has very little SB connections. Also, I want a place to post new ideas in the future even if they are only straight WOY and have no SB connections whatsoever. Again, this story has some, but very few:

The Story of Nail Yakuponder, and How His Cousin, the Nomad Eryll William Jesperson, otherwise known as Wander, Revived His Career

* First name credit futureauthor13 at fanfiction.net, middle and last names credit, well, uh, me, even though I have no idea where they came from. I originally came up with the birth name for Wander of William Jesperson, for no other reason than that I thought it fit. But now that I have read the aforementioned user’s fanfic, I think I like Eryll better now, but I’m moving “William” to the middle name and keeping the last name. Thus, in this and any and all future writings, Wander’s birth name will be referred to as Eryll William Jesperson. If you don’t think it fits, well—it’s called “fiction” for a reason. :p

So… with that out of the way… the account with which I will now regale you is of events that occurred approximately three months after the family reunion. It was very early in the morning, and Eryll William Jesperson* (okay, I’ll stop bombarding you with that name now)—Wander, rather, was awakened, even earlier than he himself would have arisen, by a SLAP. Initially, he thought little of the noise and stayed curled up inside his hat. He was beginning to drift off to sleep when the SLAP sounded again. The SLAP itself was not particularly loud, but it sounded distant and its echo bounced off of the sides of the mountains on the rugged planetoid which Wander and Sylvia were visiting, and it reverberated for many miles. This was the third morning they had spent here, seeing as they had run out—again—of orbble juice and had become stranded on the planetoid while undergoing a very long, exhausting, and exhaustive process in an attempt to procure more. They had finally acquired some late the previous evening, but were too tired to leave at that point. They agreed to set out in the morning. On the first and the second mornings, this mysterious SLAP had not been heard. After about ten minutes, the SLAP had sounded about a hundred times. Surprisingly, Sylvia had not been awakened by the SLAPs, which were growing louder and louder each time. Curious, Wander waltzed out of the cave in which he and Sylvia had sheltered themselves to get a better look.

Suspended relatively low in the sky was Lord Hater’s ship! But it was still so early in the morning that there were no signs of measurable activity anywhere on board; all of the watchdogs were still asleep. As soon as Wander emerged from the cave, the SLAPping had stopped, and he thought it was over. He was just about to turn back when it sounded again. This time, Wander could barely make out some figure perched on the ship’s roof. The figure was too small to be Lord Hater, yet too large to be a watchdog. Wander squinted and noticed that the figure looked to be… orange. “Is that…?” He stifled the thought that had nearly come to the forefront of his mind and said to himself, “No, it couldn’t be… could it?” It was then that he made out a blue hat on top of the orange figure, and his suspicions were confirmed. It was one of his cousins! And not just any random cousin, it was the youngest cousin, the only cousin who had missed the reunion three months prior—Wander could not fathom that encamped out on Lord Hater’s ship was his very own cousin, Nail Yakuponder!
Wander’s mind raced. He wasn’t sure if his cousin had been taken prisoner because he was Wander’s cousin, or if Lord Hater or a watchdog had mistaken Nail Yakuponder for Wander. At any rate, he felt bad that he hadn’t gotten to see Nail at the family reunion as had been planned. So he decided to float upward and say hello at the very least. He opened the fresh bottle of orbble juice and ascended towards the top of Hater’s ship. When he got there, he realized what the SLAPping noise had been—Nail Yakuponder was smashing the daylights out of a puck with a hockey stick. He had a bucket of about three or four hundred pucks, it must have been, standing beside him. Because he was on the top of Hater’s ship, which was curved like a skull, the pucks had nowhere to go. They just fell off into the canyons below. And so every three seconds he would remove a new slab of black rubber from the bucket and shoot at it with all his might. Of course, Wander knew that Nail Yakuponder was his hockey-playing cousin, just like Koji Uehander was his baseball-playing cousin. Like Ponder, Squander, Bonder, Monder, and Koji Uehander, Nail Yakuponder had expatriated to Earth, and only came back into outer space for very special occasions, such as the reunion.

Wander simply stood behind his cousin for a few whole minutes, watching more and more pucks fall off the edge of the ship. He noticed that his cousin seemed riled, though—he was shooting at those pucks like he was mad at them. Eventually, Nail Yakuponder stopped, out of breath, and turned around. His body went ashen at the sight of his cousin. He regained his composure and, before Wander could say anything, he spat, wearing a very angry face, “What in the name of Martin Havlat are you doing here?!”

Wander could do nothing but smile and say, “I could ask the same question of you.” Nail Yakuponder was shooting pucks off the edge again, his back turned. “What do you think I’m doing here? I—”—SLAP—“have joined forces”—SLAP – “with the most powerful leader”—SLAP—“in all the galaxy.”

Wander was so shocked subconsciously that it didn’t even show up on a conscious level. His own flesh and blood working for Lord Hater?! “Are you… sure he didn’t take you prisoner?”

Nail turned around again and flashed a very fierce look at Wander. “If you think I’d been taken prisoner, wouldn’t you think I’d be rotting in a cell and not able to go wherever on this ship I want?”

“Well, I don’t know, I got taken prisoner on this ship once and I was still able to go wherever I wanted.”

Nail paid no attention to him, still using his Easton to send pucks off the edge of the ship. At one point, he hit a puck so hard that his Easton broke, and he slammed it down in pieces, cussing to himself.

“You know…” Wander began hesitantly, “…you missed the family reunion a few months ago.”

At this point Nail Yakuponder exploded. “Don’t you think I know that?! Don’t you realize that’s why I’m here?!

Wander looked dumbfounded. “I thought you’d be back on Earth by now. I thought you had to get back to play the Calgary Flugelhorns.”

“Flames.” Nail sighed. He was a little surprised at himself that the worst enemy of his new overlord was standing right behind him and that he hadn’t done anything to alert anybody of his presence. “Okay, do you want to know how it all went down? Do you want me to go there? Do you want me to rail against your entire family?”

“If it’ll help explain why you ended up on this soul-sucking pit of darkness.”
Nail sat down and began to sharpen his skates. “You didn’t grow up with your cousins, so I’m going to give you the benefit of the doubt. But they were my brothers. And they were all born before I was, fourteen of them on the same day. I’m way younger than all of them. When we lived together, it was a madhouse! Fourteen big kids running around screaming and yelling and raising Cain and laughing at this one little kid—me. All those cousins—gosh, that Ponder, Squander, Koji Uehander—especially that Vonder—they were all into baseball, and they looked at me like I was a loon when I didn’t want to play any baseball games. They treated me like an outcast. They’d go off to that nearby planetoid, what’s the name of it—”

“Fenwaylandia?”

“—Yes, Fenwaylandia, and they’d spend hours and hours and hours running around in squares and getting dirt on themselves. It made no sense to me whatsoever. And they’d look back at me in the house and laugh at me all cooped up in my room, reading for hours and hours about Earth and that subsection of Earth they call Canada and about cities like Vancouver and Ottawa and Toronto and Edmonton and Calgary and Montreal and Quebec City and Winnipeg. They made me into a total outcast, and for many years I never forgave them for that.” He looked up at his unusually quiet cousin to see if he had anything to interject, but Wander motioned Nail Yakuponder to continue.

“Then, because they were so much older than me, they all moved out when I was still little. And it was just me and my mother—your aunt. And we moved for a few years to this other planet, many miles off, called LakePlacidGretzkyHoweHextallMapleLeafGardenslandia. Small planet, but covered in ice. Winter all year long. And I finally got along with the other kids there! The local kids, they took me in, they taught me about hockey, and nobody gave two shakes about baseball or wondered why I wouldn’t play it! I finally had a sport that I liked! I fit in for once!”

The two sat in silence for a short while.

“And then you grew up and moved away,” Wander said.

“Yes, then I grew up and moved away. Turns out, once they taught me how to play I beat all the locals at their own game! They said I was the best they’d ever seen! And I was told to go Earth, everybody told me to go to Earth! ‘It’s where they invented the sport!’ they said. ‘The universe’s most premier league is on Planet Earth!’ And I played for a couple of years in Sarnia and blew everybody out of the water and then Edmonton drafted me! They drafted me! If you truly want to understand why I’m here, Wander, you have to get this through to your head: throughout the entire galaxy and the entire universe, there are only thirty teams that stand out higher than all the rest! And I was on one of them!”

Wander suddenly noticed the usage of a certain word. “‘Was?’” he ventured.

“Yes, Wander, ‘was.’ And do you want to know why I’m not anymore?” Nail dug a rusty CCM out of his floppy blue hat to replace his Easton and began shooting pucks again, still telling Wander his story as he went. “Well, I’ll tell you why not. I finally had found my place. I was on top of the world. I scored 17 goals in 2012—13, and in a truncated 48 games, not even 82! The Edmontonians, they loved me! And so do you know what I did? I forgave your cousins and my brothers for all the misery and torment they had put me through! I laid awake one night feeling so glad that I had finally brought myself to forgive my own brothers! And then, the very next day, Vonder calls me up! He says, “‘Hey, Nail, I know it’s been a while since we’ve seen each other, but the rest of the brothers and your mother and your cousin Wander and I are planning a family reunion at the old house, would you like to come?’ And I thought, perfect! I can finally show up and be with my brothers and feel happy again, because I had risen above all the taunting and all the laughing! So what does Vonder say, he says, ‘We’re all gonna meet up on the fifteenth.’”
Wander suddenly realized where this story was headed.

“And so I show up that afternoon, and nobody’s there! And I think to myself, ‘Of course! They’re still pulling pranks on me! There’s nobody here!’”
Wander began to say, “We were supposed to be there, we got stranded on another—”

“And Vonder had his own little spaceship. He was supposed to be my ride. So I wind up having to take orbble juice all the way back to Earth and it takes me a month to get there. Do you want to know what happened in that month? We went 0—12—0. We dropped to the bottom of the standings. The front office calls me in, they’re yelling and screaming, saying, ‘Nail, where were you?!’ and it turns out they’d brought in some guy from the minors to fill my place for a month, and they’re so angry at me that they demote me to Oklahoma City. So I say to myself, ‘Minor setback,’ right? I tell myself, ‘I’ve scrounged my way out of the minors and I’ll do it again.’ No. I was so disheartened that I had some of the worst games of my entire career. I couldn’t get my energy back. My plus-minus was -37. I scored a couple of goals… for the other team. And so eventually I get demoted from Oklahoma City to this little desert town called Bakersfield. My plus-minus there was -58 and I scored four goals for the other team. And then do you know what they do? They kick me off the roster and rip up my contract and send me out on the streets. I started selling Kohos at a sporting goods store, but because it’s a little hick town in California nobody buys ‘em, so the store goes out of business and for three weeks I’m sleeping inside my hat under the 99 overpass at Ming Avenue.” He had run out of pucks and was slumped over crying now.

Wander enveloped Nail Yakuponder in a hug, which annoyed him, but he was too distraught to break out of it. “Your cousins did it. Your cousins still treated me like dirt and conspired to ruin my career!”

“Well,” Wander began, “they do have an alibi.” Wander explained how he and his cousins had inexplicably fallen through the depths of space and landed on Earth that day, and how they had spent the night at an octopus’s Easter Island head before being able to return, such that the house was vacant for at least twelve hours. Nail Yakuponder refused to believe him. All Wander could say was that it was the honest truth, and the two were silent again for a while.
“So how did you end up here anyway?” Wander said eventually.

Nail was calmer now. “Lord Hater came to Planet Earth, disguised as someone named, uh…gosh—Alex Rodriguez, some name like that—and he recruited people there. His ship sputtered out in the desert near Bakersfield and needed repairs. That’s when we met. He did capture me at first, he did mistake me for you, but when he realized I wasn’t he said he could use me, as a relative of yours, to try to gain information on you and where you were likely to be. So… I didn’t voluntarily join up with him, I just… didn’t mind it, I guess. I was still so mad—I am still so mad—at my family… I guess I wasn’t thinking, I just wanted to get back at them. That’s why this ship is here, Wander. I told him what planets you frequented, he dragged it out of me. Not that I even knew that you’d be here though, because I just gave him names of planets you went to and that was it. I don’t even know what planet we’re on, I don’t even care, I just come up here and litter the ground with pucks all day.” He didn’t say he was sorry, but his voice seemed apologetic.

More silence.

“You know, Wander, I don’t hold anything against you. You’re my cousin, not my brother. You didn’t grow up with me, taunting me mercilessly. You always try to help people. So…” Nail turned his impending words over in his head, wondering whether or not he wanted to say them. “…so get yourself the heck off of here before the watchdogs start to wake up.”

“Well, what are you going to do?” Wander asked.

“Gosh, I don’t know. I think I’ll just hang around here for awhile until they get around to Earth’s part of the galaxy again. I’ve been sitting here doing nothing for three months, just totally numb. I ought to get back to life…even if my career is over.” He stared off into the distance for a moment. “Just wish I had some more pucks though,” he said, holding up his empty bucket. Wander then reached into his not-what-you-want-but-what-you-need hat and pulled out a fresh bucket of five hundred hockey pucks. In Nail’s case, it seemed what he was wanting and what he was needing, according to the hat, were synonymous.

“Thanks,” Nail Yakuponder said, smiling for the first time since the encounter began.

Wander looked to his right and saw a large volcano steaming in the distance.
“Hey,” he began, “bet you can’t hit that volcano.”

Never being one to back down from a challenge, Nail Yakuponder set the puck down gently, swung his arms back so far that the CCM nearly smacked Wander in the face, and unleashed a cannon that clinked off the side of the volcano and actually made it rumble a bit and spew out a little lava. “Hah!” they shouted in unison, and the two furry orange men embraced. “He shoots, he scores!” Wander screamed, and the two laughed.

Then Nail Yakuponder gave a shush and whispered, “Hey, the watchdogs are about to get up, get yourself the heck off of here, cousin, get yourself the heck off of here.” Nail felt much better now. Even if he hadn’t made peace with his brothers, he had managed to make peace with his cousin. He even began to somewhat believe that Wander and the cousins had unexpectedly left. Maybe Vonder’s phone call hadn’t been a prank after all?

As for Wander, he had disembarked the ship and was in the process of floating back down to the cave, when he was struck with a thought. “Of course!” he said. “Why didn’t I think of it before?!” He abruptly steered the bubble back towards the ship.

Nail Yakuponder turned around and saw his cousin at his back again. “What in the name of Travis Zajac are you doing here? Peepers is running around the ship doing his morning check, he’ll be up here eventually! Get off! Save yourself!”
Wander didn’t listen. “What if I told you that there was a place I knew of where there was a hockey league with players so abysmal that if you went there you would get promoted before the first whistle of your first game?”

Nail was still watching out for Peepers, but he relented. “I’m listening.” He set another puck down and launched it into the volcano again, and looked back and gave his cousin a grin.

EPILOGUE: Wander eventually took Nail Yakuponder back to planet Earth, to a little town in the middle of the ocean he knew of called Bikini Bottom, where the local team was so horrendous that they hadn’t won a game in six seasons, they regularly mistook frozen burgers for pucks, and they had to rent out the frozen floor of the Krusty Krab restaurant just to get in practice. Hailed as its new hero, Nail Yakuponder led the Bikini Bottom Urchins to their first Mid-Pacific Underwater Hockey League championship in seventy-six years. The Urchins, it happened, were affiliated with a low-level land-based minor league team called the South Carolina Stingrays, and Nail was promoted there. By the end of the 2014—15 season, Nail Yakuponder had been promoted again, this time to the Providence Bruins, where he scored 55 goals. Yakuponder appeared in his first game back in the National Hockey League in November 2015. He won the game for the Boston Bruins in a shootout, downing the evil New York Rangers (Hater had actually been making one of his trips to Earth again that day, this time disguised as Henrik Lundqvist). In 2017, Hater made another trip to Earth, this time disguised as Jonathan Toews. Hater, disguised as Toews, made it to the 2017 Stanley Cup Finals against Yakuponder and the Bruins. Yakuponder brought the Cup back to Boston in overtime of the seventh game, erasing bad memories of 2013, when the Bruins had lost the Cup with two Blackhawk goals in 17 seconds. Now one of the league’s elite, Yakuponder had made up with Ponder and Koji Uehander, because they often spent time in Beantown. However, he still had yet to meet up with his remaining brothers. Eventually, a bad general manager came to Boston and dealt Yakuponder to St. Louis in exchange for Alexander Steen. While playing for the Blues, Yakuponder had a couple lower body injuries and was less productive, but he managed to meet and make up with Vonder. Ahead of the 2020—21 season, Yakuponder became a free agent and selected to return to Edmonton, where he was welcomed back as a hero. Yakuponder and the Oilers made up for the 2005—06 season by getting revenge on the Carolina Hurricanes in six games, bringing Lord Stanley’s Cup back to the NHL’s northernmost city for the first time since the Gretzky era. Throughout the 2021—22 season, Yakuponder suffered bad injuries and announced his likely retirement at the end of the year. But a slew of new, young players, mentored by Yakuponder, became talented and caught fire, and the Oilers became back to back Stanley Cup champions by downing the Washington Capitals in seven games. Yakuponder recovered enough from his ails to be on the ice during the final game. As the clock ticked down and he rejoiced with his teammates, he glanced into the crowd and thought he saw someone… familiar. He thought he had imagined it until he had a closer look.

Sixteen furry orange men were going wild in the stands.

President Squidward

Mmmm donuts.
mass_applause_gif.gif

Amazing... just amazing. :D
You made my beginning of my Christmas Break. :P

RedSoxFan274

RSF Decodes Names and Hockey Jargon from his Fanfic to Accommodate the Layperson (but mainly, he admits, to prove that all the things he mentioned are real):

[SIZE=14pt]He regained his composure and, before Wander could say anything, he spat, wearing a very angry face, “What in the name of Martin Havlat are you doing here?!”[/SIZE]
Martin+Havlat+San+Jose+Sharks+v+Boston+Bruins+jrmWXJLeb63l.jpg

[SIZE=14pt]Nail paid no attention to him, still using his Easton to send pucks off the edge of the ship.[/SIZE]
2qa302r.jpg

[SIZE=14pt]And we moved for a few years to this other planet, many miles off, called LakePlacidGretzkyHoweHextallMapleLeafGardenslandia.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]What happened at Lake Placid:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]
ei2iwk.jpg
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Gretzky:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]
wayne-gretzky2.jpg
[/SIZE]

Howe:
howe.jpg

Hextall:
ron-hextall-goal.jpg

Maple Leaf Gardens:
front.jpg

[SIZE=14pt]Nail dug a rusty CCM out of his floppy blue hat to replace his Easton and began shooting pucks again, still telling Wander his story as he went. [/SIZE]
m2v1Mso6WfaaXsRmD7-BmTA.jpg

[SIZE=14pt]they’re so angry at me that they demote me to[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] Oklahoma City.[/SIZE]
1zw1zld.jpg

[SIZE=14pt]And so eventually I get demoted from Oklahoma City to this little desert town called Bakersfield. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]
Bakersfield_Condors.PNG
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]I started selling Kohos at a sporting goods store, but because it’s a little hick town in California nobody buys ‘em, so the store goes out of business and for three weeks I’m sleeping inside my hat under the 99 overpass at Ming Avenue.” [/SIZE]
otg02w.jpg

[SIZE=14pt]
map.jpg
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]“What in the name of Travis Zajac are you doing here? Peepers is running around the ship doing his morning check, he’ll be up here eventually! Get off! Save yourself!”[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]
alg_zajac.jpg
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]The Urchins, it happened, were affiliated with a low-level land-based minor league team called the South Carolina Stingrays, and Nail was promoted there. By the end of the 2014—15 season, Nail Yakuponder had been promoted again, this time to the Providence Bruins, where he scored 55 goals. [/SIZE]
SouthCarolinaStingrays.jpg

6jvfeof4cl0c8f5b6kgybld54.gif

[SIZE=14pt]Eventually, a bad general manager came to Boston and dealt Yakuponder to St. Louis in exchange for Alexander Steen.[/SIZE]
110713-NHL-St-Louis-Blues-Alexander-Steen-TV-Pi_20131107225810799_660_320.JPG

RedSoxFan274

Can I make one for life story of the other cousins? and what's Hater's obsession with dressing up as professional athletes anyway? And alex rodriguez, no wonder why he was caught cheating since Hater probably doesn't run fast (in various occasions) or have good arm strength :p

It's not really an obsession of his, more just that I think of Alex Rodriguez, Henrik Lundqvist, and Jonathan Toews as evil alien overlords. :p

Take A Step, Inside Your Mind! I'm Stalking you.
RedSoxFan274 said:
It's not really an obsession of his, more just that I think of Alex Rodriguez, Henrik Lundqvist, and Jonathan Toews as evil alien overlords. :p
ah and they call the yankees the dark empire or whatever the main star wars villians are called (not siths)
So do I still get to do the others? And the bakersfield condors. OH COUSIN CONDOR :P

RedSoxFan274

ah and they call the yankees the dark empire or whatever the main star wars villians are called (not siths)
So do I still get to do the others? And the bakersfield condors. OH COUSIN CONDOR :P
You can if you like. I mainly did Nail Yakuponder's story because he came to me as an idea at the very end of my original fanfic, but I never explained much more about him.

And I did not make the Condor connection until just now. :p

RedSoxFan274

[SIZE=14pt]Well, let’s see now. These events took place in December of 2015, shortly after Wander’s cousin, Nail Yakuponder, had successfully worked his way back through the ranks of the minors and was again in the NHL with the Boston Bruins. He had abandoned his homeless encampment under the 99 overpass at Ming Avenue in exchange for a large house in Wakefield, instead of buying one just over the line in Lynnfield, where all the other rich Boston athletes live, because he’s boss like that. (Bruin Johnny Boychuk actually lives in Wakefield.) Having turned his life around in such a significant way, Nail Yakuponder sent an intergalactic email to Wander, thanking him for all he had done to help revive his career and inviting he and Sylvia to come to Earth to see him. He had been given two comped tickets to the Bruins’ game at San Jose three days after Christmas. Nail sent out this intergalactic email about two weeks before the actual game.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]Now, living as they were, in a rugged state of eternal camping in remote locations, Wander and Sylvia had little in the way of advanced technological communications. Wander would only ever check his email when they swung by a library on a large city on a large planet, which they only ever did about once a month, if that. So it was already Christmas Day when Wander got the message. Of course, he was elated to have heard from his cousin but he and Sylvia were stuck at the furthest end of the galaxy, and it would take much, much longer than three days to travel to Earth using orbble juice. After some debating about whether or not they would be able to make it or whether it was even worth it to go, the two of them decided, on an impulse, to take one of those interstellar trains. As it was, the train journey took an entire 24 hours and the railroad only went as far as the Oort cloud, so they still had to float the rest of the way, which took another day. By the time they arrived, it was about twelve hours prior to the game.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]When Wander and Nail Yakuponder finally reconciled, Wander asked if it would be so totally rude of he and Sylvia, having been so graciously invited, to take a small side trip during the afternoon. Nail Yakuponder was not bothered by this, as he had to practice in the afternoon anyway. It was decided that Wander and Sylvia would return in time for the game and that the three of them would meet up afterwards. Nail suggested that the three of them have breakfast the next morning before the Bruins moved on to Anaheim.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]These plans having been set, Wander had one more favor to ask his cousin.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]“I was wondering if I could borrow your hat,” he said.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]Nail tried to hide his uneasiness at this prospect, as he valued his floppy hats perhaps even more than Wander himself. With his team logo and jersey number stitched into them, Nail’s hats were even more a part of his identity as Wander’s hat was for him.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]“I’d never, ever ask under any other circumstances,” Wander said, “but it’s all torn up, as you can see.”[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]As it happened, there had been two occasions very recently wherein Wander’s hat had received considerably abuse. The first was the incident involving the box, when his hat had become torn and ripped over a large area in the many—shall I say small wars?—that had commenced between he and Sylvia over the empty white cardboard container. He had had to put a patch over it just to keep it from falling apart:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]img822.imageshack.us/img822/9162/fsua.jpg[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]And then, not a week later, Wander had been swallowed by that monster that completely evacuates the entire contents of his stomach if you simply give him a piece of Slarnack’s Deli jellyfish pie. Enraged at its perceived failure to cooperate, Sylvia had practically, in her words, torn the hat “brim from brim.”[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]So at this point Wander’s hat was in a considerable state of disarray. Wander promised if he borrowed Nail Yakuponder’s hat to have it back before the game. Nail asked why he needed a hat in the first place. “It’s just a few hours, right? Let me take your hat to a haberdasher’s and have them sew it up. By the time you get back I’ll return it to you.”[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]It was at this point that Wander revealed that he and Sylvia were wanting to spend the afternoon in Yosemite National Park, a place of which they had heard many spectacular things but had never seen before. Wander said he needed a hat for a variety of reasons, mainly just as a precaution: “If we’re out hiking and something happens, the hat will have emergency supplies. If it snows or gets dark and I can’t make it back—though I give you my word, cousin, that I will—then it’s my sleeping bag. If I were just sitting around, then, yeah, maybe I’d go without it for a while. But I don’t feel particularly good about hiking in a rugged, mountainous area without one.”[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]“Well…” Nail was even more concerned now. Yosemite was nearly 200 miles from San Jose. He was starting to have serious doubts that Wander would be able to return in time. Suddenly, he had an idea. “Ah! I know of a hat I can give you!” Nail opened up his suitcase and began rummaging through it. He explained that when he had reignited his career and landed with a different team, he had stopped wearing his blue-and-orange Edmonton Oilers floppy hat and had begun wearing his new yellow-and-black Boston Bruins floppy hat. “I still keep the old Oil hat in here…somewhere…for sentimental reasons, you know.”[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]But Nail Yakuponder examined his suitcase time and time again and could not, of course, find the old Oilers hat. He looked in every piece of luggage and every bag in his possession, but his old hat was nowhere to be found. Out of the blue, Nail Yakuponder groaned as he remembered that he had taken his old hat to be dry-cleaned in Sunrise a couple of weeks prior, and, because the game that night ran late and the team had to fly overnight to Boston for the second half of a back-to-back, he had never gone back to pick it up.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]And so they were back to square one. In the end, after much back-and-forth and wrending of hair and near-arguing, which, as we all know, is very rare for Wander, Nail Yakuponder relented. He gave him his yellow-and-black floppy hat with the number “64” on it and Wander gave Nail his green floppy hat so that he could have it hemmed up. “But if you don’t get back here, with that hat, by seven-thirty, NO LATER, then I’m going to take it out on your hat in a way that makes that zbornak of yours look like a weakling.”[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]Sylvia frowned at this, of course.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]Wander thanked his cousin profusely and gave him his word. He knew that Nail was only half-joking when he made the threat, but he still made a note to be back with plenty of time to spare. “We should leave when the sun starts to go down at the latest,” he told Sylvia, which, as it was only a week after the shortest day of the year, would still leave plenty of time to get back.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]And so, adorned in Nail’s yellow-and-black “64” floppy hat, Wander blew a large bubble, waved to his cousin, and he and Sylvia floated off, with Wander still shouting reassurances as they drifted up into the clouds.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]While orbble juice is a somewhat slow way to travel throughout the galaxy, on the scale of planets themselves it is quite speedy. They floated over the yellow-green verdant hills that begin around San Jose and extend themselves in a long swale (to cheat and borrow a term from John Steinbeck, who in East of Eden referred to the area as “a long narrow swale”) all the way down to San Luis Obispo. They popped over the mountains of the Coast Ranges, mere heights compared with the gigantic mountains they were aiming themselves at, gazed down at the endless, endless rows of pistachio crops stretching for hundreds of miles across the Central Valley, floated over the Subway in Chowchilla *cough* and the small but Northpoleishly-decorated hamlet of Le Grand *cough*. They entered the steep hills and dense, rich bracken that signal the first elevation gains into the Sierra Nevada, were astounded as they floated over El Portal at how the road below them was covered in an ugly mishmash of hotels, motels, and other tourist trapping institutions, and how as soon as El Portal turned to the official park boundary it all mercifully stopped, and eventually dropped down, eyes wide, into the eight-and-a-half wide, one-mile-long valley that angels obviously worked the most on, a place that would be our definition of Heaven if it did not actually exist. Even Sylvia, who normally harbored something of a nonchalance to certain vistas, could not be contained in her astonishment. Eventually, they steered the bubble toward an expansive open meadow at the far end of Yosemite Valley. There, they took stock of their surroundings and continued their admiration. Wander was so moved that all he could do was shake his head at their stupidity and cuss, which he almost never did under any other circumstances. “Holy ::dolphin noise::, Sylv,” he said with a laugh, “why, after all these years of traveling the galaxy, are we just now finding out about this place?” And so they did what they only could do. There was nothing else to do. They hiked, letting their legs take them wherever they wanted to go. Hiking in a place like Yosemite, allow me to say, is not hiking. It requires no effort whatsoever. One’s head will constantly be pointed upward, glancing around at the absolute wonders of nature that greet one every single second, a new, unforeseen one around every corner, so much so that one’s ambulation becomes a thoughtless, automatic rhythm. So they just hiked. There was nothing else for them to do. There wouldn’t have been anything else that they would’ve wanted to do. Traveling 200 miles via the super-speedy orbble juice had only taken about thirty minutes, so it was still early morning when they arrived. And they spent nearly all of daylight hiking as the sun moved in an arc across the winter sky. They did Mirror Lake, Happy Isles, Vernal Falls, Nevada Falls, everything. Certainly had it not been winter, and had it not been hemmed in with snow, and had they had more time to themselves, they would have gone up into the backcountry. At one point, the two of them spent about thirty minutes merely gazing at Half Dome from an open field. They wondered if there was any way to get up to the top. It being winter, the cables were closed. At one point, they tried Sylvia’s six-fingers method to see if Wander could be vaulted to the top that way. Unfortunately, the granite edifice was a little too far away, and Wander was catapulted high into the sky, only to fall right back out of it and crash-land behind some outbuildings in the back of Camp Curry. Nail’s hat broke the fall.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]Eventually, it was four-thirty, and Wander was leaning back on a large rock, watching the aptly W.E. Dennison-named Happy Isles run into the Merced River and having their intended effect, when he casually said, “We ought to be getting back.” Sylvia agreed. The two of them blew orbble juice bubbles, but because they were in the thick of dense forest the bubbles were always popped by trees, branches, twigs, rocks, or other natural detritus. After several attempts, Sylvia said, “I think we have to go back to that clearing again,” and Wander agreed. So they marched back towards the large meadow whence they had landed. On the way, they walked through North Pines campground, lightly visited in the dead of winter, but still open, with a few trailers here and there. Wander passed by a man standing outside a trailer, trying to stoke a campfire. He was the first person he had seen pretty much all day. Wander greeted the man with a tip of the hat and a folksy “Afternoon,” and continued on, thinking that was the end of the exchange. The man was still consumed by his fidgety fire. Eventually, he looked behind himself and did a double take. Because he had been to the man’s back, Wander had not noticed that the man’s jacket read “HINGHAM” in large, block letters.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]“HEY!” he shouted. “YOU’RE NAIL YAHKUPAHNDAH!” Wander looked up at his cousin’s hat, with the number “64” and the signature yellow-and-black “B” of the Bruins on it. He had frankly forgotten that he was wearing another’s hat. Obviously, because he and his cousin looked alike and because there was only one non-Earthling player in the NHL and that was his cousin, humans were not particularly good at recognizing the, even if subtle, differences between members of his home planet. Wander quickly brushed off the situation and began to say, “Oh, no, no, I’m not—”, but the Hinghamer was already poking his head inside his trailer, yelling, “HEY, HONEY! LOOK WHO’S OUTSIDE THE TRAILAH! IT’S NAIL YAHKUPAHNDAH! KIDS, LOOK! IT’S NAIL YAHKUPAHNDAH!” And suddenly Wander was overwhelmed with a flurry of five gabbing faces, three of them small children, blinding him with flashes from cameras and poking notebooks and commemorative pucks into his face to be autographed. Another camper, who bore a large jacket reading “LEDUC,” waltzed by and asked the man what all the hubbub was. “IT’S NAIL YAHKUPAHNDAH!” Still trying to talk down the three little boys jumping up and down, Wander was suddenly struck a blow on the side of his head and fell to the ground. The other camper had punched him. The camper ran off, muttering, “Stupid ::dolphin noise::, abandon our backsides and flee to Boston…” The three small children were still hovering around him. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]“Hey, y’okay, pal?” the man said. “What the heck are you doing here anyway? Aren’t you supposed to be in—HONEY, LOOK AT THE CALENDAH! WHEN’S THE B’S NEXT GAME!” [/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]Wander again tried to say, “Actually, actually, I am NOT Nail Yaku—” but was interrupted.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]“SAN JOSE?! SEVEN-THIRTY?! TONIGHT?! WHAT’S HE DOIN’ 200 MILES AWAY? WE GOTTA GET NAIL YAHKUPAHNDAH OVAH THEAH!”[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]“No, I am NOT—”[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]“HEY! PACK IT UP! WE’RE TAKIN’ NAIL YAHKUPAHNDAH TO HIS GAME!”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]And before Wander could say anything more, the trailer was hitched to a minivan, and the indiscriminate Hingham family plopped him in the trunk, amidst an assortment of other boxes, and the man told him, “Sorry, Nail, there’s no room up front,” and slammed the door before anything more could be said. The minivan started up with a startling jerk and was soon traveling at a very high speed, racing out of the Valley on Northside Drive as if it were an ambulance. Sylvia, who had been lagging behind Wander during all of this and had not been able to free him of his hockey-crazed kidnappers, could be seen through the back window chasing the van down the road, though, fast as she was, after disappearing from and reappearing into view about ten times, she vanished altogether and was unable to catch up. Unfortunately, Wander still had the bottle of orbble juice, meaning that Sylvia would be stranded. And so for many hours Wander rode as a hostage of the Hinghamers, and eventually, at around twenty minutes after seven, the minivan fetched up at the players’ entrance of HP Pavilion and Wander was tumbled out of the back with calls of “GOOD LUCK AND GIVE DANIEL PAILLE THE PUCK MOAH, WILL YAH?” and the Hinghamers were gone.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]Wander’s first concern was finding Sylvia; he assumed that his cousin was already in the building preparing, as the game was to begin in a very, very short time. He knew that Nail would be mad at him for not returning the hat in time, but he knew that more pressing matters were at hand. His best friend and steed had been abandoned in the wilderness, in the middle of the night, in the dead of winter. He stood outside the arena and retrieved his bottle of orbble juice, with barely enough to make it back to Yosemite, locate Sylvia, and then return again. He was in the process of blowing a bubble when someone snared him by the arm. It had still not occurred to him to take the blasted hat off by this point. “Whaddya doin’ blowing bubbles, Nail? We’ve been lookin’ for ya!” Wander looked up and found that Claude Julien was dragging him into the locker room. Again, Wander pleaded his case, but Claude was so busy barking at other players and locker room attendants that his cries fell on deaf ears. “PUCK DROP IN FIVE, PEOPLE!” he shouted. Wander found himself shoved onto a bench. The team was apparently in such a rush that they did not trust the furry orange man they thought to be Nail Yakuponder to dress himself, and so locker room attendants were pulling skates and gloves on and yanking a jersey over his head. For three hours he had been pushed about by countless people and they had treated him in such a manner, like a piece of cargo, that he had not once been able to get out the fact that he was not Nail Yakuponder. Still other hurried team workers were practically carrying him out of the locker room and on to the ice. As soon as he made it to the rink, Wander promptly slipped and fell. One of the locker room attendants came and scooped him up, oddly not looking the least bit worried that the team’s supposed star player had just stumbled to his knees merely while waddling out to the faceoff circle. The attendant patted Wander on the back, yelled, “You got first draw, okay?” and was off. First DRAW? Wander thought to himself. What does that even MEAN? Wander had very little idea about the rules of hockey, other than that it was played on ice and you had to get those rubber discs in the back of a net, and he certainly had no experience with actual skating. A referee motioned him forward. His mind was racing. Where WAS the real Nail Yakuponder? Had something happened to him? Had he been despondent and angry that his hat had not been returned and decided not to show up? No, Wander told himself. He wouldn’t do something like that. He decided he would play the game until the first line change, which in his book meant just staying out of the plays, not falling down, and not messing anything up, and then try to explain himself as soon as he got to the bench, if not sooner than that.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]The initial faceoff happened so quickly that by the time he put his stick down—which was remarkably heavy, he had to admit—it was already long over. As it happened, Logan Couture nursed the faceoff win into a breakaway and floated the puck into the back of the net, giving the Sharks a 1—0 lead a mere five seconds in. Wander was dumbfounded. From that point on, he motioned for David Krejci to take all the faceoffs in his place. An unusually long four minutes passed without a line change, and Wander tried not to get in the way of anything; whenever he found the puck on his stuck he just tried, to the best of his ability, to give it to somebody else. As soon as he reached the bench, it took him a whole minute to regain his breath, and he was in the middle of rasping out, “Listen, guys, I am NOT Nail Yaku—” when Brent Burns rammed Patrice Bergeron into the boards near the bench and Wander was summonsed back onto the ice to fill in for the dazed centerman. Again, Wander tried to stay behind and not interfere, and he flinched whenever the heavy defensemen came within five feet of him. Eventually, Wander’s luck ran out, and he was slammed into by Marc-Edouard Vlasic, a hard-hitting defenseman named after a pickle company. The stork received a roughing penalty, and it looked as if Wander had done something beneficial for the first time all game by drawing the penalty, but the referee was a jerk, and because Wander was not a real hockey player and didn’t know how to take real hockey hits, he flopped all around the ice afterward and was tagged with perhaps the sport’s most controversial offense: the embellishment penalty, also known as diving. Diving is essentially used as an excuse for a ref biased towards the team who committed the check so that his team will have a 4-on-4 instead of going down 5-on-4. This turned out to be a good thing for Wander, though, because he finally shouted to the penalty box recordkeeper, “I AM NOT NAIL YAKUPONDER!”[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]The recordkeeper took it as a joke. “Boy, he really hit you hard, eh, Nail?” he chuckled.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]“I AM SERIOUS!” Wander yelled. “LOOK AT ME AND LISTEN TO WHAT I AM SAYING TO YOU – I. AM. NOT. NAIL. YAKUPONDER!”[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]The recordkeeper didn’t know what to say. “You’re not,” he said eventually, a statement without a question mark attachéd. He had noticed his voice seemed different from Nail’s Russian accent.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]“I’m his cousin,” he breathed. “I borrowed his hat.”[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]“Really?”[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]“I know that he’s the only player from outer space in the entire league and that to you people from my planet probably all look alike, but I am NOT him. Some crazed fans saw me in this hat, thought I was him and late to the game, and drove me here. This is the first opportunity I’ve had to tell ANYBODY.”[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]“You were flopping all around on the ice there… it was like you’d never skated before.”[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]“I hadn’t before tonight!”[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]“Well, where’s your cousin?”[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]“How the heck should I know?!”[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]“Well, what are we supposed to do? Your penalty expires in ten seconds.”[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]“Let me go back out there so there will at least be five people on the ice. Tell everybody else, and start looking for Nail. Look back at the hotel he was staying at. I told him I’d return his hat before the game. It’s possible he didn’t come to the game because he was mad that I wasn’t able to. It’s not like him, but it’s the only possible reason I can think of right now.”[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]“So you’re saying we should put you back out there?”[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]“Just let me go back out there and do nothing. At the next line change, get me off the roster. Act like I’m injured. Something. ANYTHING.”[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]“Well, all right…” the recordkeeper muttered, still clearly puzzled. Wander was just relieved that he had believed his story.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]So again Wander went back out onto the ice and tried to stay even further away, just lingering in the neutral zone. He wasn’t slipping quite as much now, but still took a tumble here and there. It turned out he was a pretty quick learner. He stayed in the back of plays, like a young, bad, rookie defensemen instead of a forward who was supposed to be charging to the net. At one point, the puck came to him and he had nobody to pass it to, so he was forced to actually shoot it. Wander barely muffed it, but it at least made it to the net and didn’t carom off the boards or into the crowd. He had remembered nearly two years before, when his cousin would swing his arms back like levers and shoot pucks off of Lord Hater’s ship. He had admired his cousin’s form that day, and tried his very best to replicate it whenever it seemed necessary to do so, and he had actually managed to record a shot on goal.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]About a minute and a half later, he looked up into the stands and saw a large blue zbornak looking concernedly from a distance. He yelled, “SYL—!” but two Sharks overskated the puck behind the net and he was soon at the back of a moshpit of players jabbing away at it. He eventually wormed his way out into the center of the ice in front of the goal and waved frantically at Sylvia, who seemed to advancing lower through the stands in an attempt to reach the ice. After much signaling to Sylvia and thrashing his hands up and down, the puck hit his outstretched stick, his mind at this time completely removed from the action of the game, and trickled in! Soon, he found himself overwhelmed by a group hug of men in white, yellow, and black. “Traffic in front!” they shouted. Eventually, he looked up at the scoreboard. It read 1—1! The score had been tied! He was even more astonished when the goal was replayed over the jumbotron. The shot had been a howitzer from Milan Lucic, but because it had been deflected by Wander’s stick, the goal technically was his! [/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]As they approached center ice to face off again, Brad Marchand skated up to him and said, “For someone who’s never skated before you’re not playin’ half bad!”[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]Wander was shocked that news had gotten around that he was not his cousin and that he had not been taken out of the game at that time! “You’ve been told?”[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]“Yeah.”[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]“Are they lookin’ for Nail? Where is he?”[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]“Still don’t know.”[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]“Did they look at the team hotel?”[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]“They did. Wasn’t there.”[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]“Why don’t they take me out?”[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]“Well, we’ve got a few injuries and are a little short at the moment anyway.”[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]“They ought to take me out and put a professional in,” Wander said.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]“It’s all right. You’re holding down the fort. Actually, better than that. Just keep doing what you’re doing.”[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]And play resumed again. As worried as he still was, he had to admit it to himself: he was actually having fun now. I can see why Nail does this for a living, he thought.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]The next goal came one minute and fifty-five seconds later, off of another deflection, but this one was way sweeter because he actually realized what he was doing this time. Zdeno Chara flipped the puck forward, doing most of the real work, but then Wander was somehow—miraculously—able to finagle the stick and the puck behind the left pad of a squirmy and persistent Antti Niemi. He had an exultation so intense that he skated down the ice on one foot and didn’t fall down! Again, he was surrounded with plaudits. “You, my friend, are making history. Total amateur scores twice in under two minutes,” Krejci said.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]“I’ve got no idea what I’m doing! Honest!” Wander laughed.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]At that point, Wander was summonsed to the bench, where he was briefed on the situation. Nail Yakuponder had apparently been taken prisoner on a skull-shaped ship suspended in the middle of the sky, but he had been by chance broken out by Westley, who still made periodic visits to the ship, knowing its infrastructure and layout, in order to free any who might have been taken hostage there. Nail was being taken to the arena and the situation was being explained to him, it was said.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]Meanwhile, he spent much time on the bench now that it was known that he was not Nail Yakuponder. Sylvia eventually reunited with Wander, explaining that she had been able to leave Yosemite via pockets of orbble juice that were still stuck between the dense forest thickets they had tried, unsuccessfully, to float out of before. Since she had the two tickets Nail had given them, she had been able to get in (though obviously she would have forced her way in anyhow).[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]Midway through the third period, it was still 2—1. Wander had still not played since his two goals in the first. However, another Bruin went down in injury after Krejci collided with the Sharks goalie Niemi, and Wander was pressed into service yet again. Wander, despite his luck, still tried not to do too much, until the Sharks committed a bad turnover and he was left with no choice but to race up the ice with the puck. He was skating alongside another player, creating a 2-on-1, but he was so focused that he couldn’t tell who it was. He was just a blur in his peripheral vision. Still doubting his own abilities, he slid the puck across to the other player as they approached Niemi, but then he, falling down, found the puck back at his own skates, and a wide-open net for him to plop it into![/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]Wander was so incredulous he didn’t know what to say or do, only laughing in disbelief. He wasn’t one to tout his own successes at all, but he could see the headlines now: “Total amateur scores hat trick”! He had taken a nasty tumble onto the ice after the goal, and the other player on the 2-on-1 came over to assist him in getting up. Wander’s eyes went wide.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]It was Nail Yakuponder![/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]The two could do nothing but laugh riotously and embrace. “Take your stupid hat back, I don’t want it anymore!” he joked. “When on earth did you get here?! Why didn’t they take me out?!”[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]“Oh, I just got here twenty seconds ago. Literally. I jumped over the boards right before that play. I’ll take it from here, they’ll take you out now.”[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]Nail and Wander looked around themselves and saw the small but sizeable contingent of expatriate Bruin fans littering the ice with hats.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]“There’s—there’s no way!” Nail shouted.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]“Look at the scoreboard,” chuckled Wander.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]Under each team’s score on the scoreboard was the jersey number of each player who had scored a goal. Nail’s number—Wander’s now-adopted number, “64,” was listed three times.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]“Now let me get the heck out of here so I can watch the real hockey player put that number up there a fourth time.”[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]Nail could only shake his head and beam widely. “I still don’t know how.”[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]“I learned from the best, right?”[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]The two furry orange man embraced, and Wander skated off, finally removed his equipment and received his old hat back.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]Then he and Sylvia sat back and watched Nail put “64” on the scoreboard a fourth time.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]And a fifth.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]And a sixth.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=26pt]Mysterious Amateur Stranger Scores Hat Trick in First Hockey Game, Eventually Filled in For by Yakuponder, Who Also Turns Trick[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]Boston Bruins @ San Jose Sharks – December 28, 2015[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]TEAM 1 2 3 TOT[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]BOS 2 0 5 7[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]SJ 1 0 0 1[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]Win: Rask. Loss: Niemi.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]SCORING SUMMARY[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]FIRST PERIOD[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]SJ – 0:05 – Couture (unassisted)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]BOS – 12:46 – Mysterious Stranger (Lucic)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]BOS – 14:31 – Mysterious Stranger (Chara)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]THIRD PERIOD[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]BOS – 10:22 – Mysterious Stranger (Yakuponder)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]BOS – 11:34 – Yakuponder (Chara, Eriksson)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]BOS – 13:46 – Yakuponder (Bergeron)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]BOS – 16:38 – Yakuponder (Eriksson, Thornton)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]BOS – 18:45 – Boychuk (Seidenberg)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]I added a final, non-Wander, non-Yakuponder goal just for good measure. :P[/SIZE]

President Squidward

Mmmm donuts.
"Holy ::dolphin noise::, Sylv,"... woah there, Wander. :P

Quite a lengthy story there (Don't worry, I love lengthy stuff.) I had a feeling people would confuse Wander as Nail.

[SIZE=14pt]“I’d never, ever ask under any other circumstances,” Wander said, “but it’s all torn up, as you can see.”[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]As it happened, there had been two occasions very recently wherein Wander’s hat had received considerably abuse. The first was the incident involving the box, when his hat had become torn and ripped over a large area in the many—shall I say small wars?—that had commenced between he and Sylvia over the empty white cardboard container.[/SIZE]

*Squidward smiles evilly*

Anyway, awesome fanfic, RSF! You never disappoint. ;)

RedSoxFan274

"Holy ::dolphin noise::, Sylv,"... woah there, Wander. :P

Quite a lengthy story there (Don't worry, I love lengthy stuff.) I had a feeling people would confuse Wander as Nail.

*Squidward smiles evilly*

Anyway, awesome fanfic, RSF! You never disappoint. ;)
Tell me why I didn't get that joke. :p

RedSoxFan274

Eventually, it was four-thirty, and Wander was leaning back on a large rock, watching the aptly W.E. Dennison-named Happy Isles run into the Merced River and having their intended effect, when he casually said, “We ought to be getting back.” Sylvia agreed. The two of them blew orbble juice bubbles, but because they were in the thick of dense forest the bubbles were always popped by trees, branches, twigs, rocks, or other natural detritus. After several attempts, Sylvia said, “I think we have to go back to that clearing again,” and Wander agreed. So they marched back towards the large meadow whence they had landed. On the way, they walked through North Pines campground, lightly visited in the dead of winter, but still open, with a few trailers here and there.
I was just at all those places today lol :p

I'm blown away by the fact that it's been a year! ...and also somewhat sad that I haven't done a single other fanfic since. :(

EDIT: Also, I got this wrong when I wrote it... the campground near Happy Isles is SOUTH Pines Campground. What an egregious, unforgiveable error in my part!

Back