Squid Abuse: When did he REALLY deserve it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpongeyKid

mynameisspongeykid
So we all know about the squid abuse haters out there and how they hate squid abuse, obvi. Well, one thing to say about that: When did he REALLY deserve it? Well, we shall find out! With one example from me. :)

Don't Look Now:

Did he deserve it: Partly yes/Partly no

Explanation: Squidward goes ahead and decides to scare SpongeBob and Patrick as "The Hooker" and ends up going to the hospital because of SpongeBob and Patrick not realizing it was actually Squidward and injuring him pretty badly. He partly deserved it because it's his fault for choosing to scare sponge and pat like that instead of just leaving them alone. He also partly didn't deserve it because some would consider it to be like an "Older brother scaring a little brother" type thing and that the abuse thing at the end was too harsh for something small.

So, what do you think about the squid abuse in episodes that it was much deserved and not? Discuss!!!

Agent Prezly said:
Q: When did he REALLY deserve it?
A: Never.

We're done here.
This is completely untrue.

he deserved SOME OF IT in The Camping Episode.
he deserved SOME OF IT in Club SpongeBob when he tried to intervene
he deserved ALL OF IT in LYB for being mean to SpongeBob

For the love of god people, Squidward is a being who makes mistakes, and mistakes come with consequences! EVERY character deserves SOME "abuse", as you call it. @_@

Cha

I love SBM
I wouldn't really call it "deserved abuse". Abuse is a negative term on it's own. What it is, is karma. If a character says something cruel and then doesn't get punished for it, doesn't that make you want justice? I say if that character slips on the floor, it's teaches them a lesson to not be rude or etc. The whole Squidward abuse thing really irks me because (well besides the point that we like talk about it every week :p) people get offended for even minor things that happen to him. Yes, Are You Happy now had some unneeded cruelty (Or abuse you may call it). But there are episodes where Squidward DOES do something cruel aka Fools in April where he deserves it.

President Squidward

Mmmm donuts.
E.V.I.L said:
This is completely untrue.
he deserved SOME OF IT in The Camping Episode.
he deserved SOME OF IT in Club SpongeBob when he tried to intervene
he deserved ALL OF IT in LYB for being mean to SpongeBob

For the love of god people, Squidward is a being who makes mistakes, and mistakes come with consequences! EVERY character deserves SOME "abuse", as you call it. @_@
*coughOPINIONScough* @_@

President Squidward

Mmmm donuts.
E.V.I.L said:
Normally, I can agree, but you're obviously excusing Squidward because you think he's great. You say SB deserves abuse for his wrongdoings, why not Squidward? Saying one deserves more is pretty discriminatory to the other, just like in real life..
Us Squidward fans are like that.

AND SQUiDWARD GETS ABUSED ALL THE TIME

HarryPotterLives

Jaehee is Baehee
Agent Prezly said:

I'm a Squidward fan. I always have been and I always will be. I couldn't love this cephalopod more than I already do.

And guess what? I still think he deserves some karma now and then.

Agent Prezly said:

1)I'm a Squidward fan. There's a difference between fandom and "ZOMG BLIND WORSGHIP"
2) Squidward deserves some of the abuse though!!!!!!! Just because he gets abused unnecessarily doesn't mean he doesn't deserve to be jailed if he kills someone!!

Please, give me an educated argument on how Squidward was innocent in Little Yellow Book WITHOUT SAYING HE GETS ABUSED ALL THE TIME!! THAT DOESN'T. MEAN. ANYTHING.

President Squidward

Mmmm donuts.
E.V.I.L said:
1)I'm a Squidward fan. There's a difference between fandom and "ZOMG BLIND WORSGHIP"
2) Squidward deserves some of the abuse though!!!!!!! Just because he gets abused unnecessarily doesn't mean he doesn't deserve to be jailed if he kills someone!!

Please, give me an educated argument on how Squidward was innocent in Little Yellow Book WITHOUT SAYING HE GETS ABUSED ALL THE TIME!! THAT DOESN'T. MEAN. ANYTHING.

Look, I'M NOT STARTING A FLAME WAR OVER SOMETHING STUPID.

No wonder humanity Is going down. @_@

Agent Prezly said:

Look, I'M NOT STARTING A FLAME WAR OVER SOMETHING STUPID.

No wonder humanity Is going down. @_@

lol this isn't a flame war, this is called a discussion, and there's a difference.
If you can't back up your point, it doesn't mean I'm a bad guy. I'm just simply saying that you over endorse anti-Squid Abuse a bit too much and I'm saying why I don't think it's true.

And this isn't why humanity is going down. Humanity is going down because debates are "flame wars",opinions are offensive, and true facts are bullying.

President Squidward

Mmmm donuts.
E.V.I.L said:
lol this isn't a flame war, this is called a discussion, and there's a difference.
If you can't back up your point, it doesn't mean I'm a bad guy. I'm just simply saying that you over endorse anti-Squid Abuse a bit too much and I'm saying why I don't think it's true.

And this isn't why humanity is going down. Humanity is going down because debates are "flame wars",opinions are offensive, and true facts are bullying.
That's just how I roll. You hate me now, huh?

SpookyKid said:
I myself love Squidward and can agree that karma needs to come to him sometimes.​
Same for Patrick, he never gets abuse. -_-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back