Do you like SpongeBob in HD

Do you like SpongeBob in HD? I do like it in HD. I have notice since August 1 That Nick Jr is now in HD

Cha

I love SBM
It look some time to get use to, but I like it. It's nice and makes the show look a lot better.

SpongeBob has been in HD since Extreme Spots aired (don't count the Season 8 episodes like The Good Krabby Name, Move it or Lose it, Super Evil Aquatic Villain Team Up is a Go!, and Chum Furcassee that first aired with Season 9 episode like Squid Baby and Gary's New Toy) but I think Move it or Lose it and Chum Furcassee first aired with each other but I could be wrong about them two airing together

kev

innit
Truth or Square was the first HD episode :)

kev

innit
In the new few episodes that aired in Greece, I started to see more bubbles :D luv the detail even more!

TropicalNards112233

Krabby Patty Burglar
I wish they could convert the pre-hd stuff into HD. It would look amazing! At the very least, I wish they would convert the opening to the season 9 episodes to HD.

HD is not a bad addition. I mean, I wouldn't cry if they didn't have it, but it's like an extra layer of icing on the cake, not necessary, but delicious. :)

Jibbix

Balloon Traveler
Kind of. For the picture quality, yeah. The lines and backgrounds look very crisp and the show looks a lot cleaner, clearer, and less muddy. But for the animation itself, it's still kinda stiff and not as fun and bouncy as say, Season 4 and early 5's animation was. And while the grotesquely off model designs from late 5-7 are gone, it's been replaced with almost perfect on-model characters at all times, which isn't very fun either.

But the movement and character designs feel a little more pre-movie now, so that's a plus.

NastyPatty2002

Dead Inspector
SpongeBob in HD was a much needed transition and new direction for the show, ever since the "HD complex" was introduced to television markets, every show and every channel began making the switch. I don't mind it, I think it brings out a lot of detailing in the animation. So, yes, I do kind of like HighDef SquarePants.

SBRoxMan

SpongeBobRocksMan
HD was definitely great for the show, the animation is now a lot clearer and you get to see more on the screen. :)

What I question is, most TV shows went widescreen at around 2009, why did it take SpongeBob so long to go HD?

SpongeyKid

mynameisspongeykid
HD is a great addition to the show. It makes it look really shiny and those bubbles look awesome.

I also wonder how the theme and older episodes would look with the new style and how the new episodes would look with the old style. =]

Back