SpongeBob to end after next season, Movie 2 will be the final goodbye

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilipB

Sussudio Enthusiast
(oops I meant to post this in the SpongeBob forum, not the dump, I'll move it later)
CALIFORNIA -- Nickelodeon PR today issued an announcement stating that new episodes of the animated SpongeBob SquarePants series will cease production after the end of the next season, which will be the ninth overall. Although a tenth was originally planned, this has now been cut from Nickelodeon's future line-up.

Production was already planned to come to a halt to allow for the completion of Nickelodeon Movie's SpongeBob SquarePants Movie 2. Series creator Stephen Hillenburg talked to NBC News today and is quoted as saying that, "the team should be truly proud for allowing SpongeBob to have a lasting legacy". He also told fans that "the last episode is in the planning - in fact it's one of the first episodes I wrote. It's going to be a cracker and we are actually going to be adding hints into the series as we get closer to the end".

Hillenburg took on a reduced role after the release of the first SpongeBob Movie in 2004, but has said he will have a greater role now that the series is coming to an end, in order to "keep the quality consistent and keep viewers interested to the end, rather than drive them away and make them wonder why it was still on instead of 'why isn't it on anymore?'"

A spokesman for Nickelodeon told Associated Press that "SpongeBob is an ever popular brand with young children and adults alike, it is the fact that SpongeBob reaches such a wide audience that makes it so popular and has made it a lasting brand, clocking in over a decade of entertainment".

When NBC asked the voice of SpongeBob, Tom Kenny, what his response was to the end of SpongeBob, he replied "I'm moving with my auntie and uncle in Bel-Air. I whistled for a cab and when it came near, the license plate said "fresh" and had a dice in the mirror. If anything I could say that this cab was rare, but I thought nah, forget it, yo homes to Bel-Air! I pulled up to a house about seven or eight, and I yelled to the cabby "Yo, homes smell you later!". Looked at my kingdom I was finally there, to sit on my throne as the prince of Bel-Air!" Happy Friday Fools!
Full article

Patty Sponge

Always Fear
I made you a new avatar, Phillip.

dAMVr8r.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back