Let's Explain This #4: Squidward's Clarinet

Status
Not open for further replies.

abney317

Abney=last name
Staff
Here's one that you probably don't think about much.
How does Squidward's clarinet work? On land, you would need to blow air into it.
So how does he make it work underwater?

As you can see here, bubbles come out:
http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=fFYPe8m%2F4MNeFr5XvrKMFxf16FKc5OLIAdNUlA1%2F9PQ%3D&n=483
http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=yw%2Bwrwj3YiG5VT3xxBRhN%2BKdkagW%2FqPu2qF8EDl8s5A%3D&n=288

My theory is that his clarinet has some sort of electrolysis thing in it that creates oxygen out of water :p

Edit:
We'll go with my answer on this one where the clarinet is come kind of specially made clarinet for underwater that generates oxygen to make the sound.

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
I think the bigger problem here is the electronic speakers, which aside from the fact that they shouldn't work underwater, aren't connected to any kind of power source or even to each other.

But that's for another Let's Explain This. :p

Maybe the water they breathe is actually liquid oxygen? Maybe that's why they can't survive the surface because it is wayyy too hot? And maybe Sandy has a special insulator or something? Or in the movie when SB and Pat reach the surface, they adapt to the tempertatures because the Bikini Bottomites have extreme adapting abilities?

SpongeRoadie UK

Vomit Boy
Maybe it's an underwater clarinet which generates oxygen out of water. Or maybe it's just a normal clarinet that couldn't work underwater which causes Squid's rubbish play.

cwn

Porous Freak
When Spongebob got the suds, he tried to stop the bubbles with Squidward's clarinet.

spongie33 said:
Maybe he brought a claret with bubbles then later in season 1 he noticed the bubbles that when he was playing with his eyes open and then asked nickelodeon to get a clarent without bubbles
things-that-blew-your-mind-when-you-were-a-kid-1-30991-1346448555-3_big.jpg

ssj4gogita4

Squidward Tortellini
Staff
I'd like to give props to Squidward for improving on his painting skills. The ones in the 2nd picture are horrible but later on throughout the series, it gets better.

CBsquiddylover

Imitation Krab
Why do ppl expect logic from a TV show about a talking sponge lol.
Cartoons can do anything, though. They can make stuff happen that couldn't in real life.
I think the reason Squiddy sucks so bad at the Clarinet is that it just can't work in water.
Or maybe the writers just said "Forget it, we're not putting logic in a kid's 7 & Up cartoon show. Now where's my water?!"
My icon is scaring me.. :sbomg: :patrickomg: :scaredsquid: :fred2: :krabso: :sandyomg: :imagination: :pattongue: :squidtroll: :sbmfunfair:
:notetoself: Note to self: watch out for Squidward...

The Drifter

Some person.
CBsquiddylover said:
Why do ppl expect logic from a TV show about a talking sponge lol.
Cartoons can do anything, though. They can make stuff happen that couldn't in real life.
I think the reason Squiddy sucks so bad at the Clarinet is that it just can't work in water.
Or maybe the writers just said "Forget it, we're not putting logic in a kid's 7 & Up cartoon show. Now where's my water?!"
My icon is scaring me.. :sbomg: :patrickomg: :scaredsquid: :fred2: :krabso: :sandyomg: :imagination: :pattongue: :squidtroll: :sbmfunfair:
:notetoself: Note to self: watch out for Squidward...
Because we're nerds, that's why.

Get out life.

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
Please do not bump topics that are so old. It is against the forum rules. If you like to contribute something to this subject, please make a new topic about it. :) Thanks.

Topic Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back