Nosferatu's Fave 50

JCM

#cancelspongebob
#50 - Frankendoodle

"FINLAND!"

477.png

I really, really loved this episode's plot line. SpongeBob and Patrick play around with a giant pencil that "falls out of the sky", and we get to watch as everything goes horribly wrong. The humor was great and consistent, and the characters stayed true to their personalities. Overall, this is one of the better Season 2 episodes, and I hold out hope to this day that DoodleBob will rise again.

#49 - Sandy, SpongeBob, and the Worm

"You ain't my pa!"

389.png

This episode is a favorite of many spandy shippers, and I can see why. SpongeBob risks his own life and limb to keep Sandy out of danger, and his breakdown near the middle of the episode is nothing short of touching. All that aside, though, this was an extremely fun 11 minutes, and the little (or should I say big) twist at the end made all the build-up worth it. Each main character got at one funny line, from Sandy's belly button comment to the immortal "push it somewhere else". I had trouble with the positions of this and the episode it was partnered with (Squid on Strike), but SOS eventually won out, so it'll be a bit higher on this list.

That's it for today! Don't forget to check back tomorrow when I unveil my choices for 48 and 47.

JCM

#cancelspongebob
#48 - The Great Snail Race

"Squidward...Tortellini???"

175.png

I'm just going to get this out there before saying anything else: SpongeBob is a jerk in this episode. He's a meanie bo beanie who works his snail half to death so he can do what? Prove to Squidward that he can win a stupid contest? I've always had a problem with that aspect of the story, and that's one of the reasons this episode isn't in my top 20. However, the things this episode does right outweighs the things it does wrong, and that's why I couldn't have the heart to leave it off my list completely.

For one, this episode was chock-full of gags. Its writers knew how to keep me laughing, and keep me laughing it did. Also, the ending wrapped everything up perfectly. It not only redeemed SpongeBob and gave him a well-deserved kick to the seat of his pants (literally), but it brought Gary together with his first love interest in the series. After seeing him get tortured so badly, it was nice to see everything work out well for the old snail. All in all, I'd say that this episode, despite its faults, was a worthy member of Season 3.

#47 - F.U.N.

"F is for fire that burns down the whole town! U is for uranium...bombs! N is for no survivors, when you"

276.png

This episode, though not particularly funny, is one of the most memorable of Season 1. It contains what I consider to be the show's best song, The FUN Song, which embodies SpongeBob's personality to a T. It was the first episode to really show Plankton's soft side, and though he ends up going back to his rotten ways, it was still a big step for the series. With great music and a wonderful exploration of character relationships, this was the episode that sealed SpongeBob's fate as a show that wasn't going "anywhere, anytime at all".

ssj4gogita4

Squidward Tortellini
Staff
So far I agree with all of these except Frankendoodle. Should be in top 30 but this is your list :p

JCM

#cancelspongebob
#46 - Squid on Strike

"Ehh, Squidward? Ehh, Squidward? Ehh, Squidward? Ehh, Squidward?"

227.png

This was the last episode produced for Season 2, and it weaved together all of the season's best elements effortlessly. It starts with Mr. Krabs being a cheapskate again, and Squidward, fed up with it all, decides to go on strike. He takes SpongeBob along for the ride, and as you can expect, it doesn't pan out that well. SpongeBob's ignorance of labor union tactics causes him to unintentionally obstruct Squidward's airing of grievances. However, after getting SpongeBob out of the way, Squidward manages to fire up crowds with words I didn't understand when I first watched the episode and some I don't understand now. SpongeBob, moved by the speech, tells off Mr. Krabs and decides to take matters into his own hands. It seems, though, that he didn't quite get the symbolism of the speech, because he ends up dismantling the restaurant.

Overall, this was a great and funny episode. I love when the storylines are simple like that, because they give the writers tons of much-needed leeway.

#45 - Pranks a Lot

"I ain't afraid of no ghosts!" (Ghostbusters FTW)

209.png

I've always loved SpongeBob-Patrick episodes because of the great chemistry between the characters, and once we get higher up the list, you'll start to see a lot more of them. SpongeBob and Patrick just made this episode as they went from stringing out bad puns to scaring the living barnacles out of everyone in Bikini Bottom. And boy, do they do it with style. They send Sandy back to Texas, Mrs. Puff to an emergency room, and Squidward to god-knows-where. Then, of course, there's their antics with Mr. Krabs. The fact that they glued the doors shut, replaced the window glass with rubber, and clogged all the toilets showed that they were really determined to scare that old crustacean. They scared him all right, but their stunt with the dollar bill proved to be their own undoing, and you know where it goes from there.

All around, this episode was top-notch entertainment, and as a little side note, it was also the last of its season. I'd say that both 2 and 3 went out with a bang, and it's too bad they couldn't continue that winning streak. (I'm looking at you, Gift of Gum.)

similemetaphor

Chocolate Soup
don't you mean iho?

GoG was gog. :|

SOS is one of my fav. episodes, honestly. :|

Oh well. :)

NastyPatty2002

Dead Inspector
Blehhhh for some reason... I just find Squid on Strike rather meh....

don't know why, but it is just...mehhhhh.....

But on the other hand, "mehh Squidward" is a pretty high-larious quote by the ever so annoying(ly funny!) SpongeBob :p

ssj4gogita4

Squidward Tortellini
Staff
Fave 50 is unfair. Nosferatu's in there! Standing at his concession. Plotting his opression!

JCM

#cancelspongebob
#44 - Plankton's Army

"Felicitations, malefactors! I am endeavoring to misappropriate the formulary for the preparation of affordable comestibles!"

257.png

This and The Algae's Always Greener were the only Plankton-centric episodes in Season 3, and both focused more on developing Plankton's character and less on having him go out and try to steal the formula once again. He does hatch a plot in this episode and attempt to carry it out, as the commercials promised, but a good majority of it was dedicated to Plankton reflecting on his many failures and getting to know his extended family. Speaking of that, the hillbilly jokes got many a guffaw out of this proud Southerner. They're completely inaccurate, of course, except for the stuff about root beer. I loves me some root beer.

What was I talking about? Oh, right. The episode. It was funny and well-written, and that's really all I have to say about it. Onwards!

#43 - Krusty Towers

"I don't tell you how to live your life."

382.png

This was a very ambitious episode, and I really liked that. In it, Mr. Krabs turns his restaurant into a *cough*-star hotel, hoping that it'll allow him to rip people off on an even greater scale than before. Unfortunately, the only thing that increases with this transformation is Squidward's hatred of providing good service, and Patrick's antics as Krusty Towers' first and only customer finally pushes him over the edge and causes him to quit (again). After Squidward comes back to the resort to make Mr. Krabs' life a living heck, Mr. Krabs decides that it isn't worth it anymore and scraps the project. This episode's change of setting was a breath of fresh air, and I, like many others, consider it one of Season 4's best.

I wasn't able to fit a lot of post-movie episodes onto my list, but I can assure you that there will be more, and some of their positions may surprise you. Tomorrow, I'll be posting the last episodes for this week, so stay tuned!

Back