From one site to another

Clappy

Part Computer or Something
Hey, in case some of you don't know by now, SBC was attacked and hacked. We are trying to repair the damage, but an eerie post in our guest lounge is making us suspicious.

Pfft wrote during our spam attack - "It's sad this forum drained most of the members from Sponge Buddy Mania :( You guys have fun.."

Then when I logged on, I saw that whole argument that went on earlier today involving RSF, SOF, TTS, and other users with some eerie comments like "Justice has been done to this "SBC""

I am not accusing anyone on here of doing anything. We are still trying to match IPs and research some more details in our admin panel about the identity of the hacker. I was wondering if anyone knew anything about this and are willing to help us. We appreciate any details and we would also like to thank ssj for doing an IP search on iNick of users.

Mr. Dr. Professor Patrick

Developer of Awesomeness
I did the IP search on iNick, and abney317 did the IP search on SBM. :P

I can reassure you that none of this is coming from SBM members. As far as hacking goes, I'm probably the closest to ever accomplishing this (unless someone's closeting their talents here, which is unlikely -- SBM would had been hacked by now), and you know me. I wouldn't do such a thing; I couldn't had done it: I was in the Xat with you all.

Because the IP search failed on both iNick and SBM, I can reassure you that one of the two are possible:
  • The person in question is not within the SpongeBob community;
  • The person in question is using someone else's internet access.

I'm sorry for SBC getting hacked, but it definitely was not SBM.

tvguy347

thissitesux12
We apologize for the misunderstanding. You can see why we might suspect SBMers, just because of the attack several members carried out on SBC in November. ;)

Clappy

Even though I already said thanks MDPP, I will say thanks again. :)

Oh and also thanks to RSF for informing me about the IP searches through all of SBM and thanks to the admins for running one.

Hmm, am I missing any thanks or have I gone crazy? :P

TattleTaleStrangler

The List That Time Forgot
Oh gosh lol. What I meant by "justice has been done to SBC" was that there was no topic directly accusing Dear Vikings of being the worst episode ever on the forum... until I showed up. I had no idea what was going on at all outside of that. Just needed to spread the hate for our resident worst eppie ever. :D

hasfarr

your mom
Oh gosh lol. What I meant by "justice has been done to SBC" was that there was no topic directly accusing Dear Vikings of being the worst episode ever on the forum... until I showed up. I had no idea what was going on at all outside of that. Just needed to spread the hate for our resident worst eppie ever. :D

Wow, you people are crazy.

spongedude

Wumbologist
Staff
Sorry that you guys have been hacked. I highly doubt that the culprit would ever be any of our active members, because they have better outlets for their talents than hacking a fellow Spongebob site. It's usually the lurking ne'er-do-wells that cause the trouble, or some random outsider altogether. ;)

That said, if it is found that any SBM member has taken part in this action, they will be banned. I'm tired of suspicions raised against us because of an alleged "November attack." However, each site can stop acting like the victim here. If we're all as grown-up as we make ourselves out to be, let's let bygones be bygones.

hasfarr

your mom
Sorry that you guys have been hacked. I highly doubt that the culprit would ever be any of our active members, because they have better outlets for their talents than hacking a fellow Spongebob site. It's usually the lurking ne'er-do-wells that cause the trouble, or some random outsider altogether. ;)

That said, if it is found that any SBM member has taken part in this action, they will be banned. I'm tired of suspicions raised against us because of an alleged "November attack." However, each site can stop acting like the victim here. If we're all as grown-up as we make ourselves out to be, let's let bygones be bygones.
IT COULD BE DRAGIIIN

Oh wait... he freaking loves SBC. Oh.

hasfarr

your mom
sorry for the double post, but I thought I should put this up

pfft.png

Very interesting...

Mothra

Billy Bighands
If any of you are suspecting me as the culprit in this hacking, do note that I haven't been on SBC since maybe about April or May, and I also haven't been on SBM in a couple of weeks.
I did a lot of the heavy-hitting in the November spam attack, yes. I admit it now. But even though I can spam like no other brother, I have no skills with genuine hacking in the least, and if I were to seek them out while I was gone, I would not have gotten the hang of it so quickly as to be able to hack SBC on Tuesday/Monday/whatever.
I haven't hired any hits, if you're suspecting that. I don't know where I could, anyway.

That said, I respect Parker's wishes to be left alone by tvguy. His invitations are ::dolphin noise::ing annoying as well as incredibly condescending, and I'm not afraid to say that. I want tvguy to leave us alone and not try to inflate his already-larger member count.
If you build it, they will come.
And they're already coming, so don't shove them in. They're more likely to leave then.

I've stopped giving a ::dolphin noise:: about SBC anyway, and I suggest my fellows on SBM do the same.
Stop caring what they say and they'll stop going after us.

RedSoxFan274

Baseball. Hockey. SBM vet. I drop in unexpectedly.
I'd also like to add that I have no idea why SBC feels the need to shoot off these "invitations." I don't think member count should be obsessed over, but if SBC has 250/300 people online at once while SBM has only 10 or 12, if not less, why is there even a NEED to send invitations? If you have as good a setup at SBC as you claim to, good members will come to SBC by their own accord. I can understand invitations being sent a year ago when the website was just starting out, but look at how successful it is now. It hardly needs to BEG people to join, let alone people who are unlikely to join to begin with.

that70sguy92

Just wanted to say tvguy was never told to invite anyone -- especially from here, no offense to you, of course -- so those invitations were him acting on his own, and do not represent SBC as a whole. ;)

RedSoxFan274

Just wanted to say tvguy was never told to invite anyone -- especially from here, no offense to you, of course -- so those invitations were him acting on his own, and do not represent SBC as a whole. ;)

I for one am glad to hear that, and I hope some of the insulting comments (even though I made my fair share of them, too) that he made are not indicative of SBC as a whole, because I would hope it is a better forum than that. Anyone who thinks MY immature actions factor into how SBM operates as a whole would be very incorrect, though I could see why somebody could make that connection.

MechaWave

Karate Master
Don't worry I changed my IP during the attack. You're safe now.
Your forum is so insecure it's not even funny. Good luck with your community.

MechaWave

Karate Master
Okay is there seriously an edit limit? That's ridiculous. I swear I'm not blind.

spongedude said:
That said, if it is found that any SBM member has taken part in this action, they will be banned.
Yikes... maybe I should have read that.

Don't worry I changed my IP during the attack. You're safe now.
Your forum is so insecure it's not even funny. Good luck with your community.

RedSoxFan274

Well, now it makes sense at least. To be honest, I didn't really believe someone who wasn't from SBM would've done this. Not to desecrate my own forum, but why would someone who isn't even a member have a grudge against SBC? They don't have any other "rivalries" as far as I'm aware.

EDIT: And oh, yeah, nice going, Mech. You caused a humiliating confrontation that probably would not have happened otherwise. I can understand your intentions, but jeez, you made things worse for SBM itself than SBC by hacking them.

hasfarr

your mom
It's odd... Mechawave may have found a chance to hack you guys in the midst of this argument....

RedSoxFan274

Which forum do you mean by "you guys"? SBM, I assume? Well, I'm not going to waste my time trying to delve into Mech's unpredictable whims and actions, so if anybody needs me I'll be watching Red Sox-Orioles on NESN while I try to forget about this travesty.

Back