SpongeBob Comics Discussion

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
Sam Henderson's doodles festoon the inside front cover (aka, the masthead page) of SPONGEBOB COMICS #50. I'm not gonna show you the whole thing but here is some of it. ON SALE TOMORROW. Or Thursday.
0MfYron.jpg

Apologies to new friends who didn't realize I'd go nuts posting about SpongeBob Comics every month.... BUT HERE IS ANOTHER EXCERPT. It's from the story "Mash-Up Pants" written and laid out by Derek Drymon, drawn and inked by Gregg Schigiel, colored by Michael Lapinski, and lettered by Rob Leigh. It's a funny story, okay? On sale tomorrow in SPONGEBOB COMICS #50. Possibly not until thursday?
UuKb0X4.jpg

Here's panel 1 of a comic in issue #50 of SpongeBob Comics. Sam Hendersonwrote it, David DeGrand penciled and colored it. Stephen DeStefano inked it, and Rob Leigh lettered it (but not the title! Stephen snucked that in!) It's a fun read you can read for fun! Tomorrow or Thursday-- whenever it is that new comics hit the comical shops.
MzpeSpK.jpg

SpongeBob Comics #50--with special guest star Sam Henderson as "The Captain." On sale tomorrow....but maybe Thursday. At a comic book store!
Fu34DZP.jpg

SpongeBob Comics #50 is on sale tomorrow in a comic book store. Possibly ALL the comic book stores. It could also be Thursday. Anyway, HOLY COW, Bob Flynn WROTE AND DREW A GREAT COMIC FOR THIS ISSUE. Excerpt below.
mVn5oJf.jpg

SpongeBob is old like me now! Not really--but Michael T. Gilbert wrote and drew a great comic where SpongeBob THINKS it happened (in SpongeBob Comics #50, on sale tomorrow! or Thursday!). Too bad, I needed someone to watch reruns of Green Acres with... Maybe letterer Rob Leigh will?
nEl8zzj.jpg

PIN-UPS! SPONGEBOB COMICS #50 HAS PINUPS. here's a bit of one by Jacob Chabot! ON SALE TOMORROW OR THE DAY AFTER THAT!!!
0Ammm5N.jpg

The amazine David Petersen did a pinup for SPONGEBOB COMICS #50. No, I'm not gonna show you the whole thing! Here's a bit of it. Now go buy that comic in a comic book store...tomorrow. Or maybe Thursday due to the holiday! Don't you wanna?
d3GHqZn.jpg

I dunna wanna spoil the real thing, but here's a glimpse of the SPONGEBOB COMICS #50 pinup by the one and only Peter Hannan--creator of CatDog and one of my favorite kids book illustrators! Look for it in comic book stores, the good ones. On sale tomorrow but you know it might be Thursday due to holiday...
An1xyHX.jpg

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
But wait, there's more!

Hey, my friends! Jim Woodring is one of the many fine artists to provide a pinup for SpongeBob Comics #50---it features our pelagic pals in a Paleozoic setting. I love this one so much, I'm only showing you a teeny hint of it. It's in a comic book that's on sale tomorrow (maybe Thurs?) in comic book stores-- so you can see the whole thing in that sacred setting!
QcOtdls.jpg

Lynne Naylor did a pinup for SpongeBob Comics #50 too!!! Lynne has done so much in animation, I don't even know where to start...but here's a good place: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0623292/ Plus she does great paintings, case in point. Buy and savor it tomorrow at a comics store...or do it maybe Thursday.
qJR6WqU.jpg

SpongeBob Comics #50 ends with great celebration of comical books by Patrick and SpongeBob....written and drawn by James Kochalka, with letterings by Rob Leigh! Look for it in a good comic book store near you later this week!
12243564_10153374054969285_4342231694274793405_n.jpg

Cha

I love SBM
looks like a love child of Mr Krabs. and Mrs. Puff

UuKb0X4.jpg

Big Meaty Claws

K I D S
I really like all of the pirate-related strips in these. It shows the pirate-ty/sailor-y side of the franchise that we don't see as much in the show anymore.

I got the October issue as one of my birthday gifts, and I plan on getting more this Christmas :)

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
T42Fidy.jpg

SPONGEBOB COMICS #53

(W) Chuck Dixon, Graham Annable
(A) Jacob Chabot, Graham Annable
(CA) Jacob Chabot

“Sea-quake!” The ocean floor rumbles and Bikini Bottom is split in two! But with a huge chasm separating SpongeBob from his beloved Krusty Krab, what’s a poor fry cook to do? A certain Mr. Plankton has some ideas! Presented in SHAKE-O-RAMA, the deep sea’s newest reading-gimmick sensation! Then in “Choose Your Words,” SpongeBob and Patrick decide to cut the chatter and just speak one word for the rest of their silly lives. And you’ve never see one word wreak such havoc! All this plus “SpongeFunnies” by Kochalka and facts about Sea Cucumbers courtesy of Maris Wicks!

Item Code: DEC151094
In Shops: 2/10/2016
SRP: $3.99

Cha

I love SBM
I know it's unlikely but maybe they'll reference Kevin for the sea cucumber strip.

J-444

Floating Shopping List
Skimming through #51, it looks very promising. Plus, I am a slight pinball aficionado, so I am touched to see phrases such as "Captive Ball" and "Free Play" in the pinball spread. The Tabletop RPG parody also looked great, with a nifty reference to Movie #SmitteyWerberyegermanjensen. Plus, that last 2-panel joke was hilarious!

I also heard Krabby Land is going to be back in the next issue. And I cannot wait for #53, the one after that!

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
TMz1Zqm.jpg

SPONGEBOB FREESTYLE FUNNIES FCBD 2016 EDITION

(W) Evan Dorkin, Israel Sanchez (A) Evan Dorkin, Ramona Fradon (CA) Gregg Schigiel, Rick Neilsen

32 pages of all-original comics from United Plankton Pictures! In “Renegade Arms,” SpongeBob must grow extra appendages to deal with a huge influx of Krabby Patty orders. But without the proper training, the new arms are wreaking havoc! Then, in a brand-new Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy adventure — “Bedlam! In Bikini Bottom!” — the diluvian duo faces a fish egg… from space?! All this, plus deep truths about sea trenches from Maris Wicks, SpongeFunnies from James Kochalka, and more!

32pgs
FREE

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
YOXwGq7.jpg

SPONGEBOB COMICS #54

(W/A) Gregg Schigiel & Various
(CA) Brian Smith

A trio of thalassic-themed tales starring everyone’s favorite pelagic pals from a fleet of coastal creators! In “Squirrel Scouts,” Sandy introduces SpongeBob and Patrick to the world of sash-wearing, badge-earning, and cookie-selling! Then Plankton duplicates himself in “Only the Clonely.” In “Daze Off,” SpongeBob’s vacation day is haunted by Krabby Patty hallucinations. All these plus more natatorial nuttiness from James Kochalka, Maris Wicks, and more!

In Shops: 3/9/2016

The Drifter

Some person.
The comics looks absolutely insane. It's a shame only a small percentage of the fanbase are aware of these comics.

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
David DeGrand:

Here are a few sneak peeks at SpongeBob Comics #52, in stores this Wednesday! I was fortunate enough to get to not only do the front and back cover art, but I also wrote and drew a 22 page story that lies BETWEEN those two covers! Why are SpongeBob and Patrick so excited?! Why is Sandy so upset?! You'll just hafta buy a copy and find out!
Jl9usP7.jpg

jIEGJTB.jpg

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
A6rstQn.jpg

SPONGEBOB COMICS #55

(W) Derek Drymon (A) Jacob Chabot, Stephan DeStefano (CA) Jacob Chabot

Come aboard for Part 1 of “The Ballad of Barnacle Bill,” the first of a two-part epic tale of witches, of sea monsters, of mermaids, of tough sailors made almost completely of wood – and of the yellow fry cook who loves them all! In this first chapter, SpongeBob joins forces with Barnacle Bill to find that legendary seaman’s lost sweetheart! Plus: all about mermaids, “SpongeFunnies” by James Kochalka, and more!

Item Code: FEB161210
In Shops: 4/13/2016

Cha

I love SBM
OMG BARNACLE BILL wow talk about a throwback

A6rstQn.jpg

SPONGEBOB COMICS #55

(W) Derek Drymon (A) Jacob Chabot, Stephan DeStefano (CA) Jacob Chabot

Come aboard for Part 1 of “The Ballad of Barnacle Bill,” the first of a two-part epic tale of witches, of sea monsters, of mermaids, of tough sailors made almost completely of wood – and of the yellow fry cook who loves them all! In this first chapter, SpongeBob joins forces with Barnacle Bill to find that legendary seaman’s lost sweetheart! Plus: all about mermaids, “SpongeFunnies” by James Kochalka, and more!

Item Code: FEB161210
In Shops: 4/13/2016
DadMom AngryPants said:
Remember at the end of Showdown where Drymon hinted at another story by showing this creepy guy peeking out of a room at Shady Shoals?

V6Rh5zZ.png

Anybody else think he looks a little like Barnacle Bill, the original concept for Mermaid Man's sidekick? The hat with two segments, the glasses.

06o1muG.png

It could just be a coincidence, but what if Drymon does a story about Barnacle Bill being bitter that Mermaid Man ended up choosing Barnacle Boy instead?
DMAP's psychic SpongeBob senses do it again :P

Back