SpongeBob Comics Discussion

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
Milkmaidman said:
heard of Tony Millionare before
He's contributed a few times before, I definitely remember he drew a comic in one of the previous Halloween issues.

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
jabHKXu.jpg

SPONGEBOB COMICS #51

(W) Corey Barba, Joey Weiser
(A) Corey Barba, Vincent DePorter
(CA) Graham Annable

In our unprecedented underwater-gaming issue, Squidward gets really into roleplaying – as a 5th level Mer-Bard with a magic flute in “Serpents and Sealords.” Then SpongeBob and Patrick meet the creator of their favorite tabletop game “Legends of Aquaria!” Plus, a SpongeBob pinball spread by Jon Chad (Leo Geo), a Bikini Bottom video game tale by Zac Gorman (Costume Quest), and a surreal sequential sponge story by Bob Flynn! All wrapped up in a cover by Graham Annable that’s a playable SpongeBob board game!

Item Code: OCT151190
In Shops: 12/9/2015
SRP: $2.99

eliugra

On-and-Off SBManiac
Comic #51?!? Man, do I ever have some catching up to do...

I really enjoy Kaz's contributions to these. He has a pretty unusual style.

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
Corey Barba:
Rough sketches for the cover of SpongeBob Comics #47- the first two, lovingly rejected by illustrious editor/comics bon vivant- Chris Duffy, and the third, a crude version of what the cover would become. Seeing them now, I can say Chris was right!
3xvNb0Y.jpg

akEnFqV.jpg

lXdzv6B.jpg

toasterstrutel

Krabby Patty Burglar

SPONGEBOB COMICS #49

(W) Derek Drymon & Various
(A) Gregg Schigiel & Various
(CA) Kelley Jones

In a story we could only call “Patty Thing,” Squidward is pursued by a shambling terror made of discarded Krabby Patties – featuring a krusty creature drawn by the horrifying Stephen R. Bissette (Swamp Thing, Tyrant)! Then in “Monster Canyon,” SpongeBob must make a Krabby Patty delivery to an address from which no delivery boy has ever returned! Plus: Sandy makes a costume; a monstrous episode of James Kochalka’s “SpongeFunnies”; a scary “Flotsam and Jetsam”; and several creepy under-the-sea pinups!
ewwwwwwweeew

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
Comics Alliance - BEST COMIC BOOKS EVER (THIS WEEK):

SPONGEBOB COMICS #49

Writers/Arists: Various
Publisher: United Plankton Pictures

Here's a pretty good example of just how great a horror artist Kelley Jones is — he can apparently make anything look scary, as he proves on the cover of this October-appropriate horror issue of SpongeBob, in which the title character and his friends are rendered as terrifying monsters. Jones isn't the only unlikely talent attached to this issue; Stephen Bissette will join the always eclectic creative line-up of James Kochalka, Maris Wicks, Gregg Schigiel, Derek Drymon and others. And that's one of the great virtues of SpongeBob Comics. It always offers an unpredictable line-up of great cartoonists, making it the most predictably satisfying comics anthology available today. [Caleb Mozzocco]

Couple o' sneak peeks.

CRN7JyWUEAAE14a.jpg

CROxHoyWoAADxNw.jpg

Bradley

Imitation Krab
I've heard good things about these comics. I hope they're as good as the old Spongebob comics from Nickelodeon magazine.

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
TtmmTzV.jpg

SPONGEBOB COMICS #52

(W/A) David DeGrand, Corey Barba (CA) David DeGrand

Featuring the epic-length SpongeTale, “A New Dimension in Stupidity!” Sandy returns from a Texas vacation to find Bikini Bottom in ruins-somehow, SpongeBob and Patrick got hold of her inventions and underwater havoc is being wreaked all over the place! Plus: The Krusty Krab becomes the theme-restaurant KrabbyLand, SpongeBob goes casual, and we meet the amazing and real Mimic Octopus!

Item Code: NOV151131
In Shops: 1/13/2016
SRP: $3.99

BooBooKeys

Arcade Mod
They remind me of the comics in the Nickelodeon Magazine from when I was little, i'll have to pick up an issue. I just don't live near a place that sells comics. :dunno:

Professor Patrick

"Why must every 11 minutes of my life be filled wi
Have they stopped making issues? Because my local comic shop replaced ALL the SpongeBob comics with Minions comics. :(

Cha

I love SBM
That Square Guy said:
Have they stopped making issues? Because my local comic shop replaced ALL the SpongeBob comics with Minions comics. :(
No they still have new issues every month, might just be your comic shop. Maybe try Barnes & Nobles if you have one.

Back