SpongeBob Comics Discussion

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
Another Amazon listing:

SpongeBob Comics: Treasure Chest
SpongeBob Comics: Treasure Chest is a deluxe collection of the best previously published SpongeBob Comics stories, specially selected by creator Stephen Hillenburg, and geared toward the first generation of SpongeBob fans. This deluxe edition features a hardcover slipcase with die-cuts, art by some of the biggest comics creators in the industry (including Tony Millionaire and Al Jaffee), a bonus facsimile reprint of the first SpongeBob Comics issue, and an introduction by Stephen Hillenburg himself. The collection also includes new pinup artwork created specifically for this edition by Nathan Hale, Kaz, Gregg Schiegel Ross MacDonald, Dave Cooper, Renee French, Skottie Young, Sergio Aragones, Hillary Barta and Stephen DeStefano, and James Kochalka. Treasure Chest is one SpongeBob collection fans won’t want to miss!

(Looks like this is the book that was previously called "Above and Below" in the Abrams catalogue.)

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
SPONGEBOB-COMICS-68.jpg

SPONGEBOB COMICS #68

(W) Chuck Dixon, Derek Drymon (A) Jerry Ordway (A/CA) Gregg Schigiel

The irresistibly insipid harmonies of the pop quartet BØBÖ have conquered the Seven Seas, and the band is touring every major city under the waves… except Bikini Bottom. To catch the band live, their most spazziest fan, a young fry cook named SpongeBob, must hit the road with his boating instructor, Mrs. Puff. But can Puff – and BØBÖ themselves – survive traffic jams, food allergies, and…SpongeBob’s driving? Find out in “Take a Boat to BØBÖ!” Also, in part 3 of “Lost Booty,” Deckhand Dottie and Fanboy Beard break into Pirate Prison for the next chapter of the lost SpongeBob comic! Plus “SpongeFunnies” by Kochalka and ocean facts from Maris Wicks!

In Shops: May 10, 2017
SRP: $3.99

SpongeBob And Patrick

I hate Wednesdays!
Rochester, New York State, The United States Of Am
SPONGEBOB-COMICS-68.jpg

SPONGEBOB COMICS #68

(W) Chuck Dixon, Derek Drymon (A) Jerry Ordway (A/CA) Gregg Schigiel

The irresistibly insipid harmonies of the pop quartet BØBÖ have conquered the Seven Seas, and the band is touring every major city under the waves… except Bikini Bottom. To catch the band live, their most spazziest fan, a young fry cook named SpongeBob, must hit the road with his boating instructor, Mrs. Puff. But can Puff – and BØBÖ themselves – survive traffic jams, food allergies, and…SpongeBob’s driving? Find out in “Take a Boat to BØBÖ!” Also, in part 3 of “Lost Booty,” Deckhand Dottie and Fanboy Beard break into Pirate Prison for the next chapter of the lost SpongeBob comic! Plus “SpongeFunnies” by Kochalka and ocean facts from Maris Wicks!

In Shops: May 10, 2017
Maybe SpongeBob does a trade with Patrick where SpongeBob gets Patrick's Rock and Patrick gets SpongeBob's Pineapple...

fitzftw

Baby Clam
We finally got a cover for #3
61XFNPTP7mL._SX339_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Released on August 15, 2017

Who lives in a pineapple under the sea? SpongeBob SquarePants! SpongeBob Comics: Tales from the Haunted Pineapple is the third collection of previously published material specially curated by SpongeBob creator Stephen Hillenburg. Tales from the Haunted Pineapple includes more than 15 short, self-contained stories by some of the biggest comics creators in the industry. These original stories feature all the fan favorites—from Patrick and Squidward to Sandy and Mr. Krabs—in original adventures you won’t see on television. Best of all, this book includes stories with spooky themes just in time for Halloween.

614NvuqVcAL._SX342_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Released on October 3, 2017

SpongeBob Comics: Treasure Chest is a deluxe collection of the best previously published SpongeBob Comics stories, specially selected by creator Stephen Hillenburg, and geared toward the first generation of SpongeBob fans. This deluxe edition features a hardcover slipcase with die-cuts, art by some of the biggest comics creators in the industry (including Tony Millionaire and Al Jaffee), a bonus facsimile reprint of the first SpongeBob Comics issue, and an introduction by Stephen Hillenburg himself. The collection also includes new pinup artwork created specifically for this edition by Nathan Hale, Kaz, Gregg Schiegel Ross MacDonald, Dave Cooper, Renee French, Skottie Young, Sergio Aragones, Hillary Barta and Stephen DeStefano, and James Kochalka. Treasure Chest is one SpongeBob collection fans won’t want to miss!

NerdyKairi

Kairi is Back
fitzftw said:
614NvuqVcAL._SX342_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Released on October 3, 2017

Ooh I need that. I´m one of those "First Generation" Fans. I haven´t read a lot of the comics but I´m interested in this.

babydoll

Bomb-Selling Pirate
Ooh I need that. I´m one of those "First Generation" Fans. I haven´t read a lot of the comics but I´m interested in this.
is this a deluxe combination of the other three collections coming out, or is it different? i can't tell from the description. :/

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
SPONGEBOB-COMICS-69.jpg

SPONGEBOB COMICS #69

(W) Dani Michaeli, Derek Drymon (A) Jerry Ordway (A/CA) Raul The Third

With SpongeBob in tow, Mermaid Man flashes back to a previously forgotten era of his heroic history–his adventures as Monster Master of Terror Trench! But what’s the improbable secret of Mermaid Man’s former monster sidekick? Find out as MM and SpongeBob “Return to Terror Trench!” Also: In part 4 of “Lost Booty” the quest of two humble pirates for the greatest SpongeBob comic ever continues… in the belly of a whale! Plus: “SpongeFunnies” by James Kochalka and ocean fact comics by Maris Wicks!

In Shops: Jun 14, 2017

SPONGEBOB-COMICS-ANNUAL-GIANT-SWIMTACULAR-5.jpg

SPONGEBOB COMICS ANNUAL GIANT SWIMTACULAR #5

(W) Braden Lamb, Shelli Paroline, Derek Drymon, Robert Leighton, Scott Roberts (A) Braden Lamb, Shelli Paroline, Natalie Andrewson (A/CA) Jacob Chabot

It’s a selection of soggy sword-and/or-sorcery sagas by some of comics’ finest creators! In “Krill the Conqueror” by Braden Lamb & Shelly Paroline (Adventure Time), a tiny barbarian pest vows to retake his vermin people’s lost kingdom, the Krusty Krab – but why is SpongeBob helping him? Next in “The Scheme of the Sinister Submersible,” Mermaid Man-armed only with lame party tricks-must rescue that famous aquatic wizard the Divining Diver from the depths of Damp Dimension! Then read along with Patrick and SpongeBob as they make their way through a Dangers & Dead Ends Pick-Your-Own-Predicament book – “The Monster Boat of Frighfulness!” All this brought to you wrapped in a Jacob Chabot cover that’s a veritable handbook of advanced hilarity!

In Shops: Jun 21, 2017
SRP: $4.99

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
SPONGEBOB-COMICS-70.png

SPONGEBOB COMICS #70

(W) Derek Drymon (A) David DeGrand (A/CA) Jerry Ordway

Learn the final fate of renegade SpongeBob Comics artist Pencils the Pirate in the stupefying conclusion to “Lost Booty!” Stranded on a becalmed ship in the middle of the Great Pacific Garbage Patch, Pencils struggles against two frightful foes: a horrible sea monster and, worse, writer’s block! There’s but one thing that can save his nautical bacon – SpongeBob himself! But how will our yellow, porous hero get to the surface in time? Find out in this reality-bending yarn of deadlines and doofuses! Plus underwater floods, ocean facts, and “SpongeFunnies” by James Kochalka!

In Shops: Jul 12, 2017

Amiaprettygirl

I love the sponge! I need the sponge! ;)
I went to 4 different comic book stores today.
They all ran out of the one and only comic book I wanted :(
No SpongeBob

TheJasbre202

Jasbre
I still needs to get a few issues i'm missing, other than than right now I own 38 of the 68 released (in the sb comics series, if I get some missing issues, i'll 53 of the 68 issues of SB comics XD (i'll just be missing 1-6, 10-16 and 21). The Treasure Chest is something i need cause I remember when the first few issues were coming out and I had a former friend who owns #1 and 4, and then I do have the first 2 books and they do cover some issues (2-9) but not #1, makes sense cause they're rereleasing it in the Treasure Chest, the halloween one will be very good, hopefully they only use comics from halloween themed issues (#13, 25, 37, 49, 61).

TheJasbre202

Jasbre
DadMom AngryPants said:
Another Amazon listing:

SpongeBob Comics: Treasure Chest

(Looks like this is the book that was previously called "Above and Below" in the Abrams catalogue.)
Ooh, DeStefano has my favorite comic style, i cant wait to see his poster!! XD

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
SPONGEBOB-COMICS-71.jpg

SPONGEBOB COMICS #71

(W) Graham Annable (A/CA) Graham Annable

It’s our first “Will You Please Be Quiet” issue-featuring not as many words as usual! First, in an epic tale by Graham Annable (Box Trolls, Grickle), King Neptune can’t stand the racket made by the denizens of Bikini Bottom, so he casts a Bubble of Silence over the whole town-as underwater deities often do. But the shenanigans of SpongeBob, Patrick, Mr. Krabs, and Plankton won’t be stopped by a mere lack of sound-and they may prove the undoing of Neptune himself! Plus: a silent “SpongeFunnies” by Kochalka; a wordless “Flotsam & Jetsam: Ocean Facts” by Maris Wicks; and two more stories where the only sound… will be your own laughter! (Void where prohibited.)

In Shops: Aug 09, 2017

TheJasbre202

Jasbre
DadMom AngryPants said:
SPONGEBOB-COMICS-71.jpg

SPONGEBOB COMICS #71

(W) Graham Annable (A/CA) Graham Annable

It’s our first “Will You Please Be Quiet” issue-featuring not as many words as usual! First, in an epic tale by Graham Annable (Box Trolls, Grickle), King Neptune can’t stand the racket made by the denizens of Bikini Bottom, so he casts a Bubble of Silence over the whole town-as underwater deities often do. But the shenanigans of SpongeBob, Patrick, Mr. Krabs, and Plankton won’t be stopped by a mere lack of sound-and they may prove the undoing of Neptune himself! Plus: a silent “SpongeFunnies” by Kochalka; a wordless “Flotsam & Jetsam: Ocean Facts” by Maris Wicks; and two more stories where the only sound… will be your own laughter! (Void where prohibited.)

In Shops: Aug 09, 2017
it's been since issue 53 since Graham has done a comic, i'm excited, and I hope John Trabbic's second comic is in #72 (not revealing the title)

TheJasbre202

Jasbre
J-444 said:
Like all of you above, I can't say that SBC is bad, nor is it great. It's really a mixed bag.

The stories usually rank out to "Just Pleasant" for me, although when a creator hones the powers of Season 6 (Like in "Squirrel Scouts" of Issue 54, or the Choose-Your-Own-Path of Squidward Torture in Issue [Forgot #]), or decides to break the mold of the show (Much of Annual #3, Everything else in Issue #54, "Can You Pop This" of Issue #38), the quality of the comic at hand appears to change as thus.

Speaking of, Issue #58 was for me, pun accidental, a washout, like the above page in terribleness with Patrick messing everything up for Larry. If you didn't buy a copy, trust me on this. The cover was still nice, however, to say good.

(Also: With the above "Sea Witch's Curse" deal for #61, I can guess why it affects all but Patrick. It could, of course, be another stupidity potion, maybe in a less usual sense, but we'll see. (I WAS fooled by the twist in the "Barnacle Bill" arc, it swerving out of the way of the expected.) I'll rest my case with The Angry Beavers' Season 3 episode "Moronathon Man".)
wasn't that choose your own squidward comic from #42 (the interactive issue) I just got that issue last week lel.

Back