TheJasbre202

Jasbre
DadMom AngryPants said:
TetzddS.jpg

SPONGEBOB COMICS #58

(W) Jay Lender, Corey Barba
(A) Jacob Chabot, Gregg Schigiel
(CA) Jacob Chabot

Patrick and Larry the Lobster are the “Crusoem Twosome” in a 23-page SpongeBob epic with only a little bit of SpongeBob! When Patrick’s allergies cause him and Larry to be marooned far from Bikini Bottom, it’s all Larry can do to keep his buff composure and rock-hard cool! Will sea monsters, tidal waves, and a distressing lack of free weights prove deadlier than being stuck 24-7 with Patrick? Plus, SpongeBob catches a magic jellyfish; Gary loses his bowl, a new “SpongeFunnies” from James Kochalka; and more ocean facts from Maris Wicks!

In Shops: 7/13/2016
I'm super excited for this issue, as the last one was a special noir yellow/black/yellow colored issue, this one and the halloween one are my faves of each year, but this one expecially with the summer theme to it :D And why do you think Sam Henderson, Jay Lender and Derek Drymon choose not to work on the show, yet they still do the comics?

TheJasbre202

Jasbre
TOMORROW TOMORROW! THE MORROW!!!!! YUSS

The Drifter said:
I finally got around reading these comics from online copies. And boy, I regretted that. These comics are terrible, horrible, no good, very bad comics. Most of the jokes are either just mediocre, unfunny, or cringe inducing. This comic is what post movie haters thinks post movie SpongeBob is in printed form. Actually, it's not that bad. There are still some few funny jokes, and the arts are really good, but most of the time I'm just going to pages quickly to get to the good part, or cringes from some of the more terrible stuff.

My most hated page:
5whg3SQ.jpg

But it still have gems like this:
uc7QMBA.jpg
What issue is that page from, i know the money tree is #24, but what's the other one?

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
ebLyeiF.jpg

SPONGEBOB COMICS #61

(W) DePorter, Annable, Flynn
(A) Graham Annable, Jim Campbell
(A/CA) Vincent DePorter

Mr. Krabs brings submerged supernatural doom down upon the Krusty Krab when he tries to squeeze extra pennies out of a seemingly poor old harmless Sea Witch! But why does her terrible spell affect everyone but Patrick? Find out in “The Krusty Curse!” Then, in “The House on Jellyfish Fields,” cartoonist Graham Annable (Grickle, Box Trolls, Coraline) writes and draws an eerie wordless tale of SpongeBob on the run from the spooky denizens of a mysterious mansion. Plus: a double page cutaway view of a very haunted (and very familiar) pineapple house by Bob Flynn (Bravest Warriors) and Jim Campbell (Over the Garden Wall). All this plus a feature on “real” ghost ships from folklore and “SpongeFunnies” by James Kochalka!

In Shops: Oct 12, 2016
SRP: $3.99

J-444

Floating Shopping List
Like all of you above, I can't say that SBC is bad, nor is it great. It's really a mixed bag.

The stories usually rank out to "Just Pleasant" for me, although when a creator hones the powers of Season 6 (Like in "Squirrel Scouts" of Issue 54, or the Choose-Your-Own-Path of Squidward Torture in Issue [Forgot #]), or decides to break the mold of the show (Much of Annual #3, Everything else in Issue #54, "Can You Pop This" of Issue #38), the quality of the comic at hand appears to change as thus.

Speaking of, Issue #58 was for me, pun accidental, a washout, like the above page in terribleness with Patrick messing everything up for Larry. If you didn't buy a copy, trust me on this. The cover was still nice, however, to say good.

(Also: With the above "Sea Witch's Curse" deal for #61, I can guess why it affects all but Patrick. It could, of course, be another stupidity potion, maybe in a less usual sense, but we'll see. (I WAS fooled by the twist in the "Barnacle Bill" arc, it swerving out of the way of the expected.) I'll rest my case with The Angry Beavers' Season 3 episode "Moronathon Man".)

President Squidward

Mmmm donuts.
If Squidward Symphony is just the same "Squidward plays clarinet terribly" cliché, I'm not buying the comics anymore. They started out great but then they just started the follow the same formulas and it gets really old.

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
Q22qaLM.jpg

SPONGEBOB COMICS #62

(W) Jay Lender, David DeGrand, James Kolchaka
(A) Jacob Chabot, David DeGrand, Hilary Barta
(CA) George O’Connor

Squidward is determined to educate those morons SpongeBob and Patrick about the glories of classic myths and legends. What could possibly go wrong? It’s not like evil spirits in the Bikini Bottom Museum of (Not Actually) History could possess Patrick and make him take on qualities of destructive deities from world mythology, right? Also, see SpongeBob take in an exile from King Neptune’s court! Learn about sea monsters of fact and fable! And thrill to a battle of the beards as King Neptune takes on the Flying Dutchman!

In Shops: Nov 09, 2016

President Squidward

Mmmm donuts.
SPONGEBOB-COMICS-63.jpg

SpongeBob Comics #63

(W) Gregg Schigiel, David Lewman (A) Vincent DePorter (A/CA) Gregg Schigiel

“Who Is Mermaid Girl?” Part 1 of 2. Sandy and SpongeBob set out to discover the identity of the mysterious Mermaid Girl-a plucky heroine who has aided Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy for years. But first they have to confront the deadly, non-dexterous Hammerhands Shark! Also, Mr. Krabs tricks Patrick and SpongeBob into cutting his mother’s terrifying lawn in “Mama Trauma”. Plus: Meet SpongeBob’s new imaginary friend – courtesy of your real friend James Kochalka (Quit Your Job) – and check out Patrick’s horrifying new look, as designed by David DeGrand (Garfield, Uncle Grampa).
In Shops: Dec 14, 2016

when are we going to get that christmas issue

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
SPONGEBOB-COMICS-64.jpg

SPONGEBOB COMICS #64

(W) Joey Weiser, Gregg Schigiel (A) Carolyn Nowak, Gregg Schigiel (CA) Joey Weiser

What’s SpongeBob to do when a litter of six baby snails is left meowing and hungry on his pineapple’s doorstep? And what’s Gary to do when all of SpongeBob’s time is taken up by the cuddly critters? Find out in “Litter Box Blues,” featuring the art of Ignatz Award-nominee Carolyn Nowack. Plus, in “Who Is Mermaid Girl?” (Part 2), SpongeBob and Sandy are getting closer to the truth about Mermaid Girl’s identity – and the final clue lies in a legendary lost episode of the “Mermaid Man” television show!

In Shops: Jan 11, 2017

Invincibubble

Krabby Patty Perfectionist
DadMom AngryPants said:
What’s SpongeBob to do when a litter of six baby snails is left meowing and hungry on his pineapple’s doorstep?
Isn't that basically the plot of "Sanctuary!"?

Back