SpongeBob Comics Discussion

Amiaprettygirl

I love the sponge! I need the sponge! ;)
I love spongebob comic books ever since I found out about them I can't get enough of them! Sadly I didn't find out about them soon enough so I'm missing alot. Now I head down to my comic book store every month to get them. I also found a website that I can read the full books (all the ones I don't have)

The Appetizer

shapes and noises
I liked #55 a lot. I like how they brought back the giant-wooden-log version of Barnacle Boy, and made him speak like Popeye. The flashback was a nice visual homage to Popeye. Looking forward to part two!

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
Chris Duffy:

Fun, adventure and birdcalls in SpongeBob Comics 56.Now in comics shops. #55 now at barnes &noble. #spongebobcomics
Cibt6zTWwAAICfM.jpg

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
SPONGEBOB-COMICS-59.jpg

SPONGEBOB COMICS #59

(W) Chuck Dixon, Corey Barba
(A) Raul, Gregg Schigiel
(CA) Raul

Mr. Krabs has run out of the salty salt he applies to Krabby Patties (for maximum beverage sales)! He and SpongeBob must venture to Bitter Flats, the driest part of the sea, for a new shaker full, but a Grizzly Sea Bear, a treacherous mine, and a mysterious stranger all stand in Krusty commerce’s way in a story Chuck Dixon had to call “Dry Noon!” Also: Can Sandy and SpongeBob tame the majestic wild sea horse known as Sprinkles? Plus: SpongeFunnies, ocean facts, Squidward’s musical nightmare, and something called a Nudibranch Ranch!

Item Code: JUN161216
In Shops: 8/10/2016
SRP: $3.99

That cover looks incredible but the #59 just stands out as really bad imo. I wonder why they chose that font to go with the rest. Also sea bear :sbsmiles:

SpongeBobfan1987

"I'm so spice!"
DadMom AngryPants said:
SPONGEBOB-COMICS-59.jpg

SPONGEBOB COMICS #59

(W) Chuck Dixon, Corey Barba
(A) Raul, Gregg Schigiel
(CA) Raul

Mr. Krabs has run out of the salty salt he applies to Krabby Patties (for maximum beverage sales)! He and SpongeBob must venture to Bitter Flats, the driest part of the sea, for a new shaker full, but a Grizzly Sea Bear, a treacherous mine, and a mysterious stranger all stand in Krusty commerce’s way in a story Chuck Dixon had to call “Dry Noon!” Also: Can Sandy and SpongeBob tame the majestic wild sea horse known as Sprinkles? Plus: SpongeFunnies, ocean facts, Squidward’s musical nightmare, and something called a Nudibranch Ranch!

Item Code: JUN161216
In Shops: 8/10/2016
The cover art reminds me a little of the Pest of the West episode.

The Drifter

Some person.
I finally got around reading these comics from online copies. And boy, I regretted that. These comics are terrible, horrible, no good, very bad comics. Most of the jokes are either just mediocre, unfunny, or cringe inducing. This comic is what post movie haters thinks post movie SpongeBob is in printed form. Actually, it's not that bad. There are still some few funny jokes, and the arts are really good, but most of the time I'm just going to pages quickly to get to the good part, or cringes from some of the more terrible stuff.

My most hated page:
5whg3SQ.jpg

But it still have gems like this:
uc7QMBA.jpg

Supmandude

Squog
I finally got around reading these comics from online copies. And boy, I regretted that. These comics are terrible, horrible, no good, very bad comics. Most of the jokes are either just mediocre, unfunny, or cringe inducing. This comic is what post movie haters thinks post movie SpongeBob is in printed form. Actually, it's not that bad. There are still some few funny jokes, and the arts are really good, but most of the time I'm just going to pages quickly to get to the good part, or cringes from some of the more terrible stuff.

Wrong. So, so wrong.

Big Meaty Claws

K I D S
The Drifter said:

My most hated page:
5whg3SQ.jpg
I haven't read these in a while (not sure of my opinion if they went downhill or whatever) but god I really hate that last panel :patgross:

The Drifter

Some person.
Big Meaty Claws said:
I haven't read these in a while (not sure of my opinion if they went downhill or whatever) but god I really hate that last panel :patgross:
OOOOOH and there's this particular comic in the superhero special where SpongeBob and Patrick wrecks a store by playing superhero and destroys everything. Makes me angry just remembering it.

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
SPONGEBOB-COMICS-60.jpg

SPONGEBOB COMICS #60

(W) Chuck Dixon & Various
(A) Jacob Chabot & Various
(CA) Caleb Meurer

During a quiet shift at the Krusty Krab, SpongeBob serves a perfect Krabby Patty to super-famous action movie star Randy Albacore, but no one will believe SpongeBob’s tale of his brush with fame! Branded a liar, is there anything SpongeBob can do to rescue his reputation and to keep his square pants from catching fire? Then Sandy has to prepare her dome for the imminent arrival of her fussy Aunt Hazel from Texas, but a broken diving suit, an angry mob, along with the “helpful” SpongeBob and Patrick, mean that Sandy will have to do some quick inventing to save the day! Also: bank robbery in Bikini Bottom, a substitute Boating School teacher, and the legend of giant fry cook Paul Spatula!

Item Code: JUL161319
In Shops: 9/14/2016

President Squidward

Mmmm donuts.
I don't like the comics that much anymore but the art for The Clarinet of Dr. Calamari is fantastic.

nicoyazawa227

にっこにっこにー♪
Is there anywhere that sells the older copies of the comic? I'd really like to get some of the ones I've missed out on.

Back