Deleted Scenes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elastic Wasteband

Giant Clam
For anyone who's wondering, i've found lots of info on them.
Just One Bite-Infamous "gas" scene was cut out because of some Nick exec freaking out about 9/11. Jay Lender confirmed it in an email, posted in a different, older thread.
Procrastination-Carnival, race-car, and castheletics were all cut out for time. Included on all DVD releases.
Squilliam Returns- Squilliam one-upping Squidward at everything in life was cut for yet unknown reasons.
Life of Crime-Original airing had SB saying "no more getting nailed", followed by Patrick nailing a hammer in his head. Changed to "no more getting mail" for obvious reasons.
I Was A Teenage Gary-Some say that during the premiere, there was a scene with Squidward transforming into a snail. Most likely fake.
Secret Box-Some people recall seeing a picture of SB with a lampshade over his head at a party during the first few airings.
Breath of Fresh Squidward-According to Spongepedia, a scene involving "a mother fish and her daughter" was deleted. I haven't seen this episode since its premiere, so I don't know.
One Krab's Trash-Spongebob originally said, "You'll never guess what I found in my pants last night", but pants was changed to socks for obvious reasons.
Mermaidman and Barnacle Boy 4- Apparently, a scene involving destroying furniture in Spongebob's head was removed.
Krusty Krab Training Video-Original cut had narrator saying "It must never be discussed" when the formula is about to be revealed.
Fry Cook Games-Original few airings had Spongebob and Patrick holding hands. This scene was re-animated to them holding shoulders to avoid controversy.
Rock-A-Bye-Bivale-Sometimes the "Lets have another' line is cut. I've also read of another line that was modified, which i'll post when I find it.
Nature Pants-Some people recall Spongebob acting like Tarzan in a scene during the premiere.
Grandma's Kisses-A person recalls Spongebob's Grandma saying "give me a kiss", followed by them hugging and kissing. Likely cut due to content.
Band Geeks-Some people recall a scene of Squidward collapsing after being exhausted during an early airing.
Night Light-Apparently, the first broadcast had Patrick saying "Spongebob, can I sleep with you tonight?", a line of dialogue that was changed to "SLEEPOVER!" for obvious reasons.
Karate Choppers-A few people recall a scene with Sandy chopping a fish in the nuts was cut.
The Sponge Who Could Fly-A scene with Spongebob knocking a painter down and black paint landing on his face was cut due to racism.
Sailor Mouth-Apparently, some early airings had Spongebob saying "Go ::dolphin noise:: yourself" followed by Patrick saying "::dolphin noise:: you too!" Edited out for obvious reasons.
Hooky-The original airing apparently had the dead fish who's shoes are seen being strung up. Either removed due to death or time.
Valentine's Day-In Dutch, the man who asks Patrick the time gets an answer (3:15) as opposed to "PATRICK NEEDS LOVE TOO!"
Plankton!-According to the commentary, a scene involving Squidward being naked was cut.
The Sponge Who Could Fly-There is a deleted scene in the storyboard that had Patchy ripping off a Spongebob Band-aid when destroying his SB stuff.
New Student Starfish-In the original storyboard featured on the DVD, after Patrick leaves in the end of the episode, SpongeBob says "Can I have his star?" It also shows Patrick looking at the calender in the classroom and seeing the number 24 on it before he introduces himself as that.

Anything else? O_o

Stinkoman 20X6

I want to get lost in your rock and roll
The Teenage Gary and Secret Box ones are both fake. Never happened.

I think the Squillium Returns one may be fake as well, because I saw that episode on the first airing, and I don't recall a scene like that.

Also, I'm not sure if this counts because it was never in the final episode, but on the NN&SB DVD, there is a storyboard of a scene from "Graveyard Shift" featuring SpongeBob is giving the mail to Floorboard Harry (...at night!) and then he was initially the one responsible for flickering the light on and off at the end.

Didn't Squidward turn into a snail at the end of the episode, where he accidentally injected himself with snail plasma and meowed "Blow the Man Down" with SpongeBob (who also turned into a snail) and Gary? Or am I thinking about the wrong episode?

Stinkoman 20X6

Didn't Squidward turn into a snail at the end of the episode, where he accidentally injected himself with snail plasma and meowed "Blow the Man Down" with SpongeBob (who also turned into a snail) and Gary? Or am I thinking about the wrong episode?
Yeah that happened, but you never saw the actual transformation. It just cut to him being a snail.

MechaWave

Karate Master
Also, I'm not sure if this counts because it was never in the final episode, but on the NN&SB DVD, there is a storyboard of a scene from "Graveyard Shift" featuring SpongeBob is giving the mail to Floorboard Harry (...at night!) and then he was initially the one responsible for flickering the light on and off at the end.
Yes, it's deleted but was never put into animation.

Yeah that happened, but you never saw the actual transformation. It just cut to him being a snail.
Ah, okies.

:P

Stinkoman 20X6

So?

MechaWave

Karate Master
So?
I'm just saying. :P

Stinkoman 20X6

So?
I'm just saying. :P
He never said, "It can't be a scene that was never animated."

Elastic Wasteband

Giant Clam
Remember the rumor about the killer animals and crashing bus in "Rock Bottom"? :P
Erm... no. :P
hi
I heard a rumor about a deleted scene in the episode rock bottom. the scene:when spongebob starts to run and to try to reach bus(when Patrick is inside the bus) the bus explode and spongebob falls in culvert and some blood animals start to eat it! it is ridicule! I think is fake. somebody knows if is true?

Stinkoman 20X6

Remember the rumor about the killer animals and crashing bus in "Rock Bottom"? :P
hi
I heard a rumor about a deleted scene in the episode rock bottom. the scene:when spongebob starts to run and to try to reach bus(when Patrick is inside the bus) the bus explode and spongebob falls in culvert and some blood animals start to eat it! it is ridicule! I think is fake. somebody knows if is true?
That sounds incredibly fake. This is a children's show we're talking about. :P

Elastic Wasteband

Giant Clam
hi
That sounds incredibly fake. This is a children's show we're talking about. ;)
I know its fake, but its funny someone would actually would fall for it! :P

Ocean Man

search:party:animal
Just One Bite-Infamous "gas" scene was cut out because of some Nick exec freaking out about 9/11. Jay Lender confirmed it in an email, posted in a different, older thread.
This is fairly stupid. They've done much worse than this. Also, the scene has nothing to do with 9/11. Yet again, people just have to overreact to things.

Stinkoman 20X6

This is fairly stupid. They've done much worse than this. Also, the scene has nothing to do with 9/11. Yet again, people just have to overreact to things.
Fire and explosions = 9/11... apparently.

Fire and explosions = 9/11... apparently.
There's always fire in the Krusty Krab grill, so I guess the series has to be cancelled.

=[

RedSoxFan274

Baseball. Hockey. SBM vet. I drop in unexpectedly.
I see only very minor and tangent connections to 9/11, certainly nothing major--not at all anything close to a major connection--for someone to have interpreted it in that way.

Elastic Wasteband

Giant Clam
I see only very minor and tangent connections to 9/11, certainly nothing major--not at all anything close to a major connection--for someone to have interpreted it in that way.
Yeah, I don't understand why they cut it out when there's plenty more offensive stuff. Here's a pic from Spy Buddies I took a few years back.
Picture_011.jpg
So what reminds you more of the tragedy, a bucket of gas or that? ;)

Airedale Lady

I am a ghost. Fear me.
PC-ness has gone way overboard. Take this case--a cartoon episode from 1986 showed a jet plane flying up the side of the WTC as a joke. And when the series was released on DVD, everyone expected that thee scene would be cut--it waasn't.
SOmething like that I would consider cutting, but a lame thing like a fire underwater...uh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back