Kids Choice Awards 2024 to dedicate certain show elements to SpongeBob SquarePants 25th Anniversary

ssj4gogita4

Squidward Tortellini
Staff
Source: https://www.nickalive.net/2024/03/nickelodeon-to-host-kids-choice-awards.html

abnKvOH.jpeg

Airs July 13th, 2024

Nickelodeon has set the date and venue for its highly anticipated annual Slime-fest, Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards 2024, airing live on Saturday, July 13, at 8 p.m. (ET/PT). The show marks its return in over a decade to Pauley Pavilion on the campus of UCLA in Los Angeles, Calif., and will celebrate kids’ favorites from across movies, television, music, sports, and of course Slime! Additional information including host and nominations will be announced shortly.

To coincide with Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards 2024, this July also marks the milestone 25th anniversary of the Emmy Award-Winning SpongeBob SquarePants, a year-long global celebration that will honor the beloved franchise. Throughout the year, fans can dive deep into the SpongeBob SquarePants universe with all-new content debuting on Nickelodeon and Paramount+.

“This summer, Nickelodeon will celebrate two of its biggest and most beloved franchises--the ‘KCAs’ and SpongeBob SquarePants,” said Ashley Kaplan, executive vice president, Nickelodeon Unscripted & Digital Studio. “Celebrating both in July creates incredible opportunities for both properties that win on every platform. Get ready for some nautical nonsense on the KCAs… Slime included!”

not_rick

Imitation Krab
I haven't seen the Kids Choice Awards in 10+ years - was it always so late into the year? I think I remember it being around March.

Are they going with the later date since it's closer to the actual 25th anniversary date?

Back