SpongeBob to soar at the 90th Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
QXwe3uz.jpg
2014's parade
According to the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade website, SpongeBob will again join the lineup of giant character balloons this year.

SpongeBob made his debut in the parade in 2004 and, with the exception of 2007, has appeared every year since. In 2013 the original balloon was retired and replaced with the current Santa hat design. Check out our Macy's page for more trivia and clips of SpongeBob's past appearances in the parade.

Thanksgiving falls on November 24th this year, so tune in then to see SpongeBob make his way through the streets of NYC.

PinkPearl

insert title here
That doesn't surprise me or strike me as newsworthy, really. Spongebob has become a Macy's staple, kind of like Snoopy and Sesame Street.

EmployeeAMillion

Season 12 Time!
I'm not American, but I can tell a hallmark of American culture when I see it. Glad to see SpongeBob still floating in the MTD parade after all these years.

BenPaz: Act Zero

My Waifu
EmployeeAMillion said:
I'm not American, but I can tell a hallmark of American culture when I see it. Glad to see SpongeBob still floating in the MTD parade after all these years.
I think we should be glad there is a Angry Birds balloon as well.

abisert

Giant Clam
BenPaz said:
73003124d9cceff22cc9f2af6b5fcf02.png

The only good balloon.
I'd be happy to see this too.

Anyways, I haven't really spotted the SpongeBob float. I may gaze at some parts, but I don't know. I'm not sure if I seen the float on TV before.

Season 4-11

7 Years of Hospitality
Rugratskid said:
Am I the only one who misses the original balloon? The new one is just, kinda off. Like it's a newer looking SpongeBob used for the design.
The original is better!

patfan200

Balloon Traveler
Glad to see our favorite yellow guy in the parade yet again.

PinkPearl said:
That doesn't surprise me or strike me as newsworthy, really. Spongebob has become a Macy's staple, kind of like Snoopy and Sesame Street.
Isn't there usually some Disney character or TV star featured at least every year?(Mickey, Buzz Lightyear, Kermit the Frog, Spider Man, etc.)

spongebobnerd!

Baby Clam
YAY!!!!! SpongeBob is the only reason i watch the parade!. Its nice to see that SpongeBob is so popular that he gets his own Balloon!

Back