162. Ghoul Fools

Since no one has brought this up, (from what I have seen), I will make a topic about it.
smile.gif

My review. 10/10

This episode was just hilarious, and is an EXCELLENT special, something that is very rarely seen in Seasons 4-present.
It was nice to see Sandy have a much bigger role than she has in other specials, unlike Pest of the West or Truth of Square where she had a VERYsmall role compared to everyone else. :whistle: This episode was so random, but it was so hilarious, you can't hate it. This episode is the best Season 8 episode I have seen so far (I have seen no where near all of them), but episodes like these are slowly starting to bring SpongeBob back to its roots like he was in Seasons 1-3. :clapping:

thedirtybubble

Floating Shopping List
I totally agree with you, E.V.I.L.! This episode was hilarious and Lord Poltergeist was a very funny character. I hope he comes back again the next time the Dutchman shows up. I was also glad to see Sandy have a bigger part in this and I gotta say this is definitely the best post-movie special so far. This episode is full of hysterical moments. My favorite was Mr. Krabs, Patrick and Squidward's eternal torments. Mr. Krabs having to put in a doubloon to use the porta potty was hilarious as was Patrick and the plain donut and Squidward with the huge SpongeBob. The ending with the Dutchman was awesome! I definitely give this a 10/10.

VictoryScreech

Baby Clam
There was a shrimp load of hilarious faces in this special, like after Spongebob got grabbed into the closet by the ghost hand. And Patrick when Lord Poltergeist breathed on him. And Mr. Krabs when he was fighting over the chest of doubloons (not to mention he actually turned into a realistic crab at one point). And the gags were very funny, too. Squidward stole the show by pointing out at least three cliches. The pizza with anchovies on it was hilarious, as well as Lord Poltergeist taking Spongebob and Patrick's souls, and Patrick being told to "think fast" twice. And Spongebob getting tied in Patrick's tongue. Ok, there's A LOT of funny stuff in this special, and you'll have to see it for yourself to get the laughs out of it that I did. As for the void scenes, though, I think they could have done better. I was hoping that the "fly of despair" from Shanghaied would make a return. Also, the Flying Dutchman was kind of out of his character. He was just plain evil. He didn't crack any jokes at all, AND he killed everyone. Other than what I just said, this was an amazing special and just more proof that Spongebob is still funny. 9/10

cwn

Porous Freak
As I said, season 8 eight is what should have been season 4.
9.4/10

VictoryScreech

Baby Clam
There was a shrimp load of hilarious faces in this special, like after Spongebob got grabbed into the closet by the ghost hand. And Patrick when Lord Poltergeist breathed on him. And Mr. Krabs when he was fighting over the chest of doubloons (not to mention he actually turned into a realistic crab at one point). And the gags were very funny, too. Squidward stole the show by pointing out at least three cliches. The pizza with anchovies on it was hilarious, as well as Lord Poltergeist taking Spongebob and Patrick's souls, and Patrick being told to "think fast" twice. And Spongebob getting tied in Patrick's tongue. Ok, there's A LOT of funny stuff in this special, and you'll have to see it for yourself to get the laughs out of it that I did. As for the void scenes, though, I think they could have done better. I was hoping that the "fly of despair" from Shanghaied would make a return. Also, the Flying Dutchman was kind of out of his character. He was just plain evil. He didn't crack any jokes at all, AND he killed everyone. Other than what I just said, this was an amazing special and just more proof that Spongebob is still funny. 9/10

And one more thing. After over five different cloud-watching scenes throughout the series, you'd think the writers would make a decent joke instead of Patrick just acting dumb. But that still doesn't take away from how hilarious the whole special was, of course. I'm just saying.

thedirtybubble

Floating Shopping List
Also, the Flying Dutchman was kind of out of his character. He was just plain evil. He didn't crack any jokes at all, AND he killed everyone. Other than what I just said, this was an amazing special and just more proof that Spongebob is still funny. 9/10
I don't think the Flying Dutchman was necessarily out of character in this episode. He gave Lord Poltergeist another chance to give him back his gold and he was doublecrossed again. The Dutchman was just angry that his crew betrayed him and Lord Poltergeist got what he deserved. Also, he did crack a couple jokes in this episode ("Okay, now I'm a little bit peeved,") for example.

TheBandGeek

Giant Clam
I liked part of this episode. What I didn't like is that they debuted a new character. I think they should stick with what they have. And like VictoryScreech said, The Flying Dutchman was out of character. I did, however, like the part where they show the torments of everyone. I give this a 5.5/10. Not my favorite episode.

Web Surfer

Banished
Probably the most underrated episode in history. How is this worse than Truth or Square? Seriously. 9.8/10

LeElephantMonster

Moby Dollar
I really thought this episode was interesting. The animation is cool and the plot was decent plus the flying dutchman was in this episode and i don't think we have seen in a long time until this episode came out. I thought it was a breathe of fresh air it wasnt the best episode out there but it was pretty decent. I agree with Web Surfer this episode is definitly underrated I would give this episode an 8/10

Jibbix

Balloon Traveler
Writers: Luke Brookshier, Marc Ceccarelli, and Derek Iversen

There comes a point at least once in each Season where planets align and the comedy gods decide to bless an episode of SpongeBob. This is one of several blessings in Season 8. First, a bit of background. At this point in the show, one storyboard director on this episode, Luke Brookshier, was probably the show's best writer- The Post-Movie version of Paul Tibbitt. Prior to this episode, Luke Brookshier's writing partner, Nate Cash, left the show for Adventure Time. Brookshier recieved a new partner in the form of Marc Ceccarelli, a writer from Phineas And Ferb. If Brookshier is Tibbitt, then Cash was a Walt Dohrn- A partner that probably helped Brookshier grow and refine his writing style while giving his episodes a more somber tone. But if that's the case, then Marc Ceccarelli is Brookshier's Kent Osbourne (Tibbitt's Season 3 partner), a partner that magnifies comedy and makes episodes funnier. And even though this is only the pair's second episode together, it's certainly worthy enough to be in Season 3.

With a simple set-up from Derek Iversen, the episode makes effective use of the Flying Dutchman and all of the characters. When SpongeBob and Patrick discover an old ghost ship, they meet Lord Poltergeist, an old crew member of the Dutchman, and SpongeBob and the gang get involved with a feud between the two. That's simple, yet inventive, a massive step up from convoluted plots like Clash Of Triton. The writing in the episode is really solid- Plot elements move from point to point smoothly, and the way the other characters come in doesn't feel forced.

The episode is funny too- From the opening with SpongeBob and Patrick going through the boat with a ton of funny scares along the way, to the absolutely hilarious scenes in the void, the episode is probably one of Season 8's best in regards to comedy. Patrick's scene in the void particularly got me to laugh, and I don't do that often at SpongeBob episodes.

As another plus, the art was wonderfully Season 3-esque and the animation was really nice, and the colors were nice and smooth. I really can't find a flaw with this episode. Everything works so well and the comedy and action is just so cool, and they even made good use of a Guest Star, which rarely happens on this show. One of few post-movie episodes that's absolutely perfect.

10/10.

E.V.I.L said:

Since no one has brought this up, (from what I have seen), I will make a topic about it.
smile.gif

My review. 10/10

This episode was just hilarious, and is an EXCELLENT special, something that is very rarely seen in Seasons 4-present.
It was nice to see Sandy have a much bigger role than she has in other specials, unlike Pest of the West or Truth of Square where she had a VERYsmall role compared to everyone else. :whistle: This episode was so random, but it was so hilarious, you can't hate it. This episode is the best Season 8 episode I have seen so far (I have seen no where near all of them), but episodes like these are slowly starting to bring SpongeBob back to its roots like he was in Seasons 1-3. :clapping:
I'm truly horrified I'm responsible for this post, just, no.

Amphitrite

LBW Zelda
Everything E.V.I.L. said, I agree with. This is an awesome SpongeBob special! 9.5/10

SpongeyKid

mynameisspongeykid
Excellent Halloween episode over here!!!!! Glad that this time, it was a half hour special. I though it was very funny overall, and also a little bit on the spooky side, which is good. The song was nice, the ending was also good, the eternal suffering was both awesome and hilarious so overall, really good special.

EVSPONGEFAN

Balloon Traveler
Not bad, I like the episode. It had some decent jokes that were funny, so it was good. I like to watch this episode and I enjoy it!

Back